PDA

View Full Version : Obama is Swooping in!

JustRalph
02-22-2010, 02:30 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=433x191546

from the link

The End Game is coming.

He sees the long game. I know it's very difficult for a lot of people to get this, but it's the way he's always behaved. He's methodical, he's deliberate, he's not swayed by ups and downs in the polls. He has a plan. He sticks to it and he's persistent. Damn is he persistent. Like the terminator.

ArlJim78
02-22-2010, 02:38 PM
I have to remember when I'm bored and need a laugh to check that place out.

Greyfox
02-22-2010, 03:09 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=433x191546

from the link

The End Game is coming.

He sees the long game. I know it's very difficult for a lot of people to get this, but it's the way he's always behaved. He's methodical, he's deliberate, he's not swayed by ups and downs in the polls. He has a plan. He sticks to it and he's persistent. Damn is he persistent. Like the terminator.

Reminds me of an Aesop fable about the Turtle(Tortoise) and the Hare.
That's all it was. Just a fable.

GaryG
02-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Not swayed by ups and downs in the polls? I must have missed it, but where were the ups?

BlueShoe
02-22-2010, 03:59 PM
Well, at least part of it is right on target; the part that says that Obama is going to bleep us up. The problem is, the prediction is a tad late, since he already has.

boxcar
02-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Reminds me of an Aesop fable about the Turtle(Tortoise) and the Hare.
That's all it was. Just a fable.

Actually, the writer of that post has a valid point. I believe BO is setting a trap for the Republicans, and we all know that he's dealing with the Party of Stupid.

Since BO called this "summit", desiring to meet the Republicans, the Republican leadership should have been astute enough to set preconditions. I would have told BO that if he is really interested in an HONEST dialogue, then the Dem plan must be scrapped, and everyone starts from square one to reform health care. Clear the table completely!

The trap that is being set here is twofold. First, BO is not interested in listening to any of the free market solutions the Republicans have set forth in the past, so why are Republicans attending? What's in it for them? What do they have to gain? Nothing! But BO and the Dems stand to gain everything if they can bait even a handful of Republicans into signing onto ObamaCare by offering "compromises" with expendable, non-essential items in the bill (a negotiating ploy as old as the hills). The main goal of BO is to get some Republicans to sign on so that the Republican Party, too, can be held responsible once state-run health care turns into crap, which it would inevitably do. So, BO stands to gain everything. The Republicans gain NOTHING, if they fall into this snare because they, too, will be perceived by the public (most especially the "independents") as being no different than the libs in the Democrat Party.

Secondly, if all Republicans (by some miracle) hold fast and refuse to sign on, the media will once again have another field day by portraying the party as the same old "Party of No". That mischaracterization could have been avoided if the Repugs had set preconditions because they could have framed their conditions in a positive manner. They blew the opportunity to turn the tables around on the Dems by rightfully characterizing them as the real "Party of No", since the Dems have all along have been saying during this process, "no, no, no" to every Republican health care.proposal. Chances would have been quite good that BO would not have accepted any preconditions, in which case he wouldn't have the opportunity to spring his trap on them, and the Republicans could have accused the Dems of being the real Party of No. Moreover, the Repugs by holding fast to their guns, would have shown some moxie and demonstrated to voters that they can stand on principle.

I do not see anything good coming out of this summit FOR the Republicans or, even more importantly, for the nation. I believe both will end up losers all because the Party of Stupid mishandled this "summit" invitation, which is such an obvious trap.

Boxcar

Greyfox
02-22-2010, 04:14 PM
Boxcar - you've offered good food for thought in your post. I hope you're e-mailing them your concerns.

boxcar
02-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Boxcar - you've offered good food for thought in your post. I hope you're e-mailing them your concerns.

What good would it do at this late date? The gig is on for tomorrow.

But this is why this country is SOOOOO screwed. How can The People win when caught in the vice between the jaws of the Party of Stupid and the Party of Evil? :bang: :bang:

Boxcar

Greyfox
02-22-2010, 04:31 PM
By the same reasoning Paul Revere wouldn't have rode. ;)

bigmack
02-22-2010, 04:47 PM
http://www.rockcreekfreepress.com/Images/PaulRevere.jpg

ArlJim78
02-22-2010, 04:55 PM
I think that even if by some miracle the Republicans do hold the line and don't cave in, that the whole thing falls apart and dies this time. I predict that the Dem's will not pass this through the reconciliation process. I don't think they have the votes to do it that way. Too many of them won't want to walk the plank, or fall on their swords for Obama.

But in the back of my mind I'm thinking that some Republican is going to step forward and play the noble dealmaker, and ruin everything for all of us. I hope I'm wrong on that part.

Greyfox
02-22-2010, 05:13 PM
BigMack :lol: I needed a chuckle. :ThmbUp:

bigmack
02-22-2010, 05:20 PM
BigMack :lol: I needed a chuckle. :ThmbUp:
Yeah, I snickered as well.

Look, this HC thang is enough already. At this point it looks like BO is trying to push it through to save face like some college kid who is flunking and asking his parents to let him continue. We, as the parents, need to let him know that it's OK. It's just time to face the music, enroll him in truck driving school and move on with our lives.

ArlJim78
02-22-2010, 05:31 PM
He certainly would have been on Big Sis's domestic terror watchlist.

boxcar
02-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Yeah, I snickered as well.

Look, this HC thang is enough already. At this point it looks like BO is trying to push it through to save face like some college kid who is flunking and asking his parents to let him continue. We, as the parents, need to let him know that it's OK. It's just time to face the music, enroll him in truck driving school and move on with our lives.

I'm not sure he has what it takes to drive a big rig, though. I wouldn't want to be on the same road as him.

Boxcar