PDA

View Full Version : Bizarro DRF chart from Delta 1st 2/20

Milkshaker
02-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Not even close to how the horses crossed the finish wire on the replay.

Equibase version does not have the DQ, nor the 2 allaged dead heats.

Link here: http://www.drf.com/drfPDFChartRacesIndexAction.do?TRK=DED&CTY=USA&DATE=20100220&RN=1

Zman179
02-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Yeah that chart's all screwed up. Evidently, nobody won!

46zilzal
02-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Yeah that chart's all screwed up. Evidently, nobody won!
Sounds like the photo finish failed as well and the stewards had to go to the video.

LA Racing Lady
02-21-2010, 11:35 PM
Pitiful! :bang: No way that the Equibase employee even watched this race. How can a horse that won and got disqualified get a comment of "dueled from the outside and tired"? And if there was a 4 way dead heat, where are the other payoffs? Are we sure that these payoffs are correct?

I hope someone brings this to the attention of Equibase so that the chart and those horses' past performances can be corrected.

Robert Goren
02-22-2010, 12:02 AM
Don't equibase for that mess. Here is the equibase chart.

http://www.equibase.com/static/chart/pdf/DED022010USA1.pdf

Quite a difference.

johnhannibalsmith
02-22-2010, 12:08 AM

Quite a difference.

As comical as it was to look at the DRF chart, seeing the Equibase version makes it nine times as funny (sad)... what the hell happened there? :eek:

monistee
02-22-2010, 07:12 AM
It makes you think. How many haven't been caught!

andicap
02-22-2010, 10:36 AM
well that explains why hdw was late listing Saturday's Delta chart.

Robert Goren
02-22-2010, 10:41 AM
As comical as it was to look at the DRF chart, seeing the Equibase version makes it nine times as funny (sad)... what the hell happened there? :eek: Some will say a computer is to blame...;)

Zman179
02-22-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm beginning to wonder whether or not these past performances that we all use are actually legit. New York fans would remember when Sports Eye and DRF would publish Aqueduct pp's and both papers had two totally different running lines for just about every horse.

GlenninOhio
02-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Though far less egregious, this reminds me of a race in which I ran a filly of mine at PID 2 years ago.

She closed to finished second beaten 3/4 of a length and was steadily gaining as they hit the wire.

The running line shows her leading by 1/2 length at the stretch call, with the comment "circled field, led, hung".

I can assure you that she NEVER led at any point in that race.

senortout
02-22-2010, 02:22 PM
as the race caller at PHA sometimes exclaims.....

HELLO...............

I bet on and watched the Delta race referred above. Where exactly are the errors in EITHER of these charts?

They look different on the surface but all the chart comments, etc, are identical so................

please explain further for me, I'm slow

senortout

johnhannibalsmith
02-22-2010, 04:22 PM
as the race caller at PHA sometimes exclaims.....

HELLO...............

I bet on and watched the Delta race referred above. Where exactly are the errors in EITHER of these charts?

They look different on the surface but all the chart comments, etc, are identical so................

please explain further for me, I'm slow

senortout

The DRF chart linked in the original post has since been fixed. Rest assured, not only was it quite different from the EQU chart - it didn't even make sense.

takeout
02-22-2010, 04:43 PM
New York fans would remember when Sports Eye and DRF would publish Aqueduct pp's and both papers had two totally different running lines for just about every horse.The same thing was happening back when DRF & Equibase were competing with each other. I remember occasionally seeing differences of up to 10 lengths in the running lines between the two.

LA Racing Lady
02-22-2010, 08:26 PM

Quite a difference.

There are not two different people doing these charts. There is one person, getting paid by Equibase, who does the charts that are pubished by both Equibase and Daily Racing Form.

I'm gald that the chart has been fixed.

Steve 'StatMan'
02-22-2010, 10:50 PM
For anyone who downloaded comma delimited results, esp. DRF & BRIS ones, I suggest you check those files to be sure that they are correct, esp. if you downloaded them before the date and time of the original post in this thread. I had a messed up data file last fall for a different track, single race, that when the horses returned, did not match the pps. Sounds like this was similar, with errorneous DQ'd, DH's, etc had the order of the horses, and therfore the final beaten lengths, messed up. If you have a bad file and used that data elsewhere, you'll also want to double-check any work or database you created using that file.

Tom
02-22-2010, 11:02 PM
This what I like about HDW.....this crap is checked and charts not released until they are correct. Ron Tiller can spell customer. :ThmbUp:

BillW
02-22-2010, 11:11 PM
This what I like about HDW.....this crap is checked and charts not released until they are correct. Ron Tiller can spell customer. :ThmbUp:

I'm pretty sure (actually I'm positive ... that's where HDW obtained their correction before they released this chart) that Equibase makes corrections available to all customers. It has been my experience in the past that some, unlike HDW choose to not make the updates and pass them along without prompting.