PDA

View Full Version : 50c Pick 4's and 10c Supers

craigbraddick
02-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Hi People!

Is there a definitive list out there of tracks that offer 50c Pick 4 wagering and 10c Supers.

Thanks

Craig

Charli125
02-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Craig,

The HANA track ratings show this information: http://www.horseplayersassociation.org/hanatrackratingsbytrackname.html

It's not entirely up to date(for example, TAM has .50 P4's), but it'll give you something to start with.

Space Monkey
02-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Yes, we are anxiously awaiting HANA's 2009 ratings.

craigbraddick
02-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Fantastic, just what I needed. I used to live just up the road from Upton Park back in the day!

Thanks

Craig

BillW
02-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Craig,

The HANA track ratings show this information: http://www.horseplayersassociation.org/hanatrackratingsbytrackname.html

It's not entirely up to date(for example, TAM has .50 P4's), but it'll give you something to start with.

That was data for the year 2008 - update for 2009 coming soon :)

Jens
02-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Craig,
Although some people seem to dislike ten cent supers and fifty cent pick fours I personally like them. What I don't like and what hasn't been mentioned is what I call misleading advertising. For example; Will Rodgers Downs advertises 10 cent supers and 50 cent tri/exactas; they also advertise one dollar double, pick threes, and pick fours. What they don't mention is that minimum ticket size is one dollar for all vertical bets and two dollars for all horizontal bets. As odd as it may seem, the pool sizes are often so small there that by forcing a player to make a two dollar (min. size ticket) bet on a double with a price horse single in each leg can actually crush payout odds. Since I've never seen anyone mention it I guess I'm in the minority on this pet peeve. :confused:

craigbraddick
02-21-2010, 05:02 PM
Craig,
Although some people seem to dislike ten cent supers and fifty cent pick fours I personally like them. What I don't like and what hasn't been mentioned is what I call misleading advertising. For example; Will Rodgers Downs advertises 10 cent supers and 50 cent tri/exactas; they also advertise one dollar double, pick threes, and pick fours. What they don't mention is that minimum ticket size is one dollar for all vertical bets and two dollars for all horizontal bets. As odd as it may seem, the pool sizes are often so small there that by forcing a player to make a two dollar (min. size ticket) bet on a double with a price horse single in each leg can actually crush payout odds. Since I've never seen anyone mention it I guess I'm in the minority on this pet peeve. :confused:

Jens:

A very good point and somewhat sneaky of a practice as well.

Craig.

Mineshaft
02-21-2010, 05:57 PM
50 cent Pick 4's

Tampa Bay
FG
EVD
Delta
Philly
Gulfstream
LaD

Charli125
02-21-2010, 06:44 PM
I used to live just up the road from Upton Park back in the day!

I try to get over to the Boleyn Ground at least once a year, and I'll be there in March this year for a game against Wolves. Always a good time.

Vinman
02-21-2010, 08:55 PM
50 cent Pick 4's.....add Turfway, Sunland, Turf Paradise

Vinman

Indulto
02-21-2010, 09:15 PM
That was data for the year 2008 - update for 2009 coming soon :)Will the updated track ratings reflect their popularity among HANA members, e.g., will #1 be the one played by most?

Will we get to see the rest of the survey before the new ratings? Will members have any more input to the ratings for 2009 than they did for 2008? ;)

BillW
02-21-2010, 09:17 PM
Will the updated track ratings reflect their popularity among HANA members, e.g., will #1 be the one played by most?

Will we get to see the rest of the survey before the new ratings? Will members have any more input to the ratings for 2009 than they did for 2008? ;)

The ratings are based on the same criteria as last year.

Indulto
02-21-2010, 09:22 PM
The ratings are based on the same criteria as last year.Does that mean we can assume KEE is still #1 and we don't get another countdown? If not, why not?

jefftune
02-21-2010, 09:47 PM
What tracks offer $1.00 daily doubles? I know Gulfstream does.

Stillriledup
02-22-2010, 02:17 AM
I absolutely love the 50 cent triples. If i want to box 8 horses in the tri for 168 bucks and hit repeat once, i can get the equivalent of a 1 dollar box, but i get to increase the 'signer' threshold from 300-1 to 600-1. Lots of tri's land in between those numbers.

takeout
02-22-2010, 03:10 AM
FWIW, and it probably isn’t much, they now have fifty-cent supers at CT. The pools are often very small though and CT employs the shady practice of showing (and announcing) all payoffs based on a $2 winning ticket. Hint: Anything in the 5 figures you can usually divide by 4 to get the actual total pool. They announced one a few days ago at $33K. :lol: I don‘t think they’ve seen a REAL super pool that big at CT since the Leonard/Hearns fight. :D