PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes You Just Forget

sonnyp
02-21-2010, 01:15 PM
it's that time of year. derby trail.......triple crown ?

take a minute to remember. this is a race for 2 y o's. watch the one that is dead last leaving the gate, then look for a blur as he sweeps the entire field in a 1/4 mile.

absolutely breathtaking and astounding !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux87nv_dBOM

tucker6
02-21-2010, 02:47 PM
someday soon I hope to see another Secretariat grace the track and inspire awe from his versatility and power. On the lead, just off, or deep closer. Didn't matter. 9F to 14F. Didn't matter. Dirt or grass. Didn't matter.

<sigh>

joanied
02-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Sometimes you don't forget...but it was great to watch that race again...poor quality video, but you could still see him moving twice as fast as everyone else...awesome performance!!

I couldn't get :mad: the sound to work, it states that Lucien and Turcotte both said something...did you guys hear it?

sonnyp
02-21-2010, 03:05 PM
someday soon I hope to see another Secretariat grace the track and inspire awe from his versatility and power. On the lead, just off, or deep closer. Didn't matter. 9F to 14F. Didn't matter. Dirt or grass. Didn't matter.

<sigh>

i don't go see movies much any more, but i'm looking forward to the one on secretariat's life coming out this year.

i hope it's well done like "seabiscuit". i was a young guy when he raced and i saw him lose more times than most people saw him win, but it never diminished my amazement with his ability. i was at the wood memorial when he was third to entrymate angle light and sham, and then the whitney when onion brought tears to our eyes.

i was also there for his belmont....... i honestly believe that was the most amazing performance on a field of sport ever !!

tucker6
02-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Sometimes you don't forget...but it was great to watch that race again...poor quality video, but you could still see him moving twice as fast as everyone else...awesome performance!!

I couldn't get :mad: the sound to work, it states that Lucien and Turcotte both said something...did you guys hear it?
Joanie,

I thought it was me. It worked for the last 30 seconds, and catches the end of Lucien's statement.

joanied
02-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Joanie,

I thought it was me. It worked for the last 30 seconds, and catches the end of Lucien's statement.

Well crap...wish we could hear what they both said...I am dying of curiosity now...

tucker6
02-21-2010, 03:11 PM
Well crap...wish we could hear what they both said...I am dying of curiosity now...
Hey, let me know whether that's a less painful way to go, and I might try it "when the time comes". :lol:

joanied
02-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Hey, let me know whether that's a less painful way to go, and I might try it "when the time comes". :lol:

:lol: oh, it's a horrible way to go...you are frustrated til the very end...I don't recommend it:lol:

Java Gold@TFT
02-21-2010, 04:38 PM
My father was there for the Hopeful but since I was 9 years old that wasn't an appropriate place for kids at the time. When Secretariat came back for the Whitney he did bring me to see Secretariat in person. The infield was open for the day and I followed Secretariat along the hedge as he walked from the backstretch to the turf course where they were saddled that day so everyone could see him. There are some things that are never forgotten. Also my father hit the exacta in the next race and gave me $20 not to tell mom. ;)

joanied
02-21-2010, 06:39 PM
My father was there for the Hopeful but since I was 9 years old that wasn't an appropriate place for kids at the time. When Secretariat came back for the Whitney he did bring me to see Secretariat in person. The infield was open for the day and I followed Secretariat along the hedge as he walked from the backstretch to the turf course where they were saddled that day so everyone could see him. There are some things that are never forgotten. Also my father hit the exacta in the next race and gave me $20 not to tell mom. ;)

Java Gold...:jump: :jump: great to see a post from you :jump: :jump: ...

and this is a great story...I can just see you, a boy full of the wonder at what he was seeing that day, following the big red horse and being totally taken by the power and beauty before you...a memory to carry with you all your life:ThmbUp: ...
and I hope you never told mom about that 20 bucks;)

WinterTriangle
02-21-2010, 07:11 PM
my father hit the exacta in the next race and gave me $20 not to tell mom. ;)

:lol: At least he paid you to keep quiet. My grandpa just told me not to tell mom he let me sip some of his beer. No $$ was necessary, my grandfather was quite an authority figure

joanied
02-21-2010, 07:18 PM
:lol: At least he paid you to keep quiet. My grandpa just told me not to tell mom he let me sip some of his beer. No $$ was necessary, my grandfather was quite an authority figure

That's funny :D ...my grandpa was also that type...an old world Italian that kept an eye on everything...but he never knew my dad always gave me a little of whatever he was drinking...beer, whiskey...my dad was Irish...talk about a clash of cultures:eek: