PDA

View Full Version : Risen Star Stakes- KY Derby horses galore

Moyers Pond
02-20-2010, 05:14 PM
If you watch any 3yr old prep this year, this will be the one with the derby horses. Discreetly Mine, Ron the Greek, and Stay Put will all be top 5 finishers in the KY Derby. Mark it down.

RXB
02-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Okay, I'm marking it down. You know three of the top five Derby finishers, 2.5 months before the race. Tell us, are you psychic or just utterly brilliant?

Tom
02-20-2010, 10:27 PM
Nothing in that race is going anywhere.

Charlie D
02-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Nothing in that race is going anywhere.

C'mon Tom - must be a couple of Grade 3 performers ??

Tom
02-20-2010, 11:09 PM
Only if Finger Lakes gets it's G3 race back. :D

Seriously, nothing was looking good in the stretch. If you threw a park bench out there, they would have fought over it.

Charlie D
02-20-2010, 11:40 PM
I have Discreetly Mine performance today no better or worse than Regal Ransom's on UAE Derby Day and DM will probably end up with a similar race profile.

shhail2
02-20-2010, 11:48 PM
I can see see discreetly mine on the derby trail, but the other two horses wont make it to the derby. If you really think that a horse by full mandate is going to get into the superfecta in the derby you need to get your brain checked dude. That horse is a one run closer, should be kept to one turn races and he may succeed with the right pace setup

46zilzal
02-21-2010, 02:34 AM
Not too many, other than it's name sake, come out of the race to do much on the Derby trail.

lamboguy
02-21-2010, 05:23 AM
maybe its time to look towards the sunland derby for a contender. if discreetly mine was pletcher's best prospect before the day started that doesn't say much for eskendereya who didn't have a challenge in the fountain of youth once buddy's saint had his chances compromised early in the race. one thing for sure pletcher won round 1 of the 3 yo's this year. i wasn't kidding about sunland either, the altitude change from new mexico to kentucky might have something to do with how well mine the bird performed last year. i am sure someone out there is trying to duplicate that feat this year. when you look back, mine the bird trained in sunland prepping for the kentucky derby, he was in kentucky training for the rest of his races and he slowly went downhill. i remember wooley saying the next day after the derby that his horse hardly drank any water after the race.

shhail2
02-21-2010, 11:54 AM
im pretty sure that pletchers best prospect would be eskendereya or super saver, as john velazquez would have ridden discreetly mine if he thought he was any better than eskendereya as he rode them both last time and has first call for toddy p