PDA

View Full Version : Rush makes a valid point.....

JustRalph
02-18-2010, 05:25 AM
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_021710/content/01125113.guest.html

Posting a link to Rush Limbaugh's site should start the usual lunatics frothing at the mouth.............but I ask the question........doesn't he make a valid point here? Answer that question .............

RUSH: This wacko professor from the University of Alabama at Huntsville, Amy Bishop. She fired at ten people and hit five or six people or hit three, whatever it was. Because she was denied tenure last April, she just lost it. It was said that this woman was a rabid, fringe-kook liberal who was so into Obama that she was off-putting to people. In 1986 she shot her brother, and the DA at the time, current Congressman Bill Delahunt from Massachusetts, decided not to prosecute. Now they're reviving that and saying he could have charged her. This was not an accident. There could have been some charges but he didn't charge her. Delahunt, by the way, also now threatening not to run -- and in a situation like it is when a Democrat from Massachusetts says, "I'm not running," I think they mean, "I'm not running.

Now we learn "In March of 2002" this wacko professor, Amy "Bishop, walked into an [IHOP] in Peabody, Massachusetts," this is from the Boston Globe -- "with her family, asked for a booster seat for one of her children, and learned the last seat had gone to another mother. Bishop, according to a police report, strode over to the other woman, demanded the seat and launched into a profanity-laced rant. When the woman would not give the seat up, Bishop punched her in the head, all the while yelling 'I am Dr. Amy Bishop!'" I'm a professor! I'm a professor! "I am Dr. Amy Bishop!" For this, she "received probation and prosecutors recommended that she be sent to anger management classes," although this was assault! "[I]t is unclear from court documents whether a judge ever sent her [to anger management classes]. The woman, identified in court documents as Michelle Gjika, declined to comment, saying only 'It's not something I want to relive.'"

Is it not clear now the only place that would hire this nutcase is a university? The only place that would hire her! It's stunning to me she did not get tenure. But what I want to know is this. Because each time some kook goes on a shooting rampage out there, the first thing the Drive-Bys do is trying to find out the radio talk show listening habits of the kook -- and they turn over every rock. They go through every bit of evidence they can find, desperate to prove that the kook shooter listens to Rush Limbaugh. So far they haven't been able to find anything. What I want to know is: Where are those same phony Drive-Bys suggesting that this might be Obama's responsibility, like they've been dying to do to me for 20-plus years? Because this woman was so into Obama that she was "off-putting." Now, we obviously can't blame Obama for trashing this woman at the IHOP.

more at the links

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/02/amy_bishop_was.html

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/politics/view.bg?articleid=1233152

HUSKER55
02-18-2010, 06:56 AM
have you ever considered who REALLY checks credentials anymore.

you can not trust anyone anymore in this country.

thank you libs

bigmack
02-18-2010, 08:03 AM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/10-3.jpg

That's weird. 98% of news reports say we're supposed to watch out for guys like this and those racist Tea Partiers. Said nightly.

This feels like Ft. Hood. No clues in either case :eek:

Robert Goren
02-18-2010, 08:41 AM
have you ever considered who REALLY checks credentials anymore.

you can not trust anyone anymore in this country.

thank you libs Agreed, Nobody checks anything now days. Heaven forbid that somebody would have checked her out before she got hold of a gun. The NRA is bound and determined that every wacko out there be able get their hands on a gun.:bang: :bang: :bang:

GaryG
02-18-2010, 09:34 AM
The NRA is bound and determined that every wacko out there be able get their hands on a gun.No, wackos and criminals will always have the weapons that they want. This is an argument that should have been put to sleep long ago.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/36/1956prime2.jpg/300px-1956prime2.jpg (http:///wiki/File:1956prime2.jpg)

delayjf
02-18-2010, 10:00 AM
When the woman would not give the seat up, Bishop punched her in the head, all the while yelling 'I am Dr. Amy Bishop!'" I'm a professor! I'm a professor! "I am Dr. Amy Bishop!"

If she'd tried that with my wife she would have gotten her ass kicked.

Tom
02-18-2010, 10:17 AM
Agreed, Nobody checks anything now days. Heaven forbid that somebody would have checked her out before she got hold of a gun. The NRA is bound and determined that every wacko out there be able get their hands on a gun.:bang: :bang: :bang:

I thought that was the constitution?

delayjf
02-18-2010, 10:24 AM
If the stupid ass DA had charged her with assault with a deadly weapon, she wouldn't been able to get a gun.

GaryG
02-18-2010, 10:34 AM
The only winners in this are the students at UAH, one less liberal wacko on the faculty. Unfortunately, there seems to be a never ending stream of them, coming out of places like Berkeley, Eugene and Madison. Huntsville is an interesting mix of old south and the imported scientists at Redstone.

boxcar
02-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Agreed, Nobody checks anything now days. Heaven forbid that somebody would have checked her out before she got hold of a gun. The NRA is bound and determined that every wacko out there be able get their hands on a gun.:bang: :bang: :bang:

Can you substantiate this statement? When did the NRA adopt a policy of no background checks for potential gun owners? Oh, wait...now I understand: The NRA held a gun to that state's head, right? :rolleyes:

Moreover, shouldn't you be blaming the state government for permitting this woman to buy a gun? After all, the NRA didn't issue her a license, or permit or any kind of clearance for gun ownership. The NRA didn't perform the background check either.

Finally, has anyone ever told you, Mr. Goren, that your lips run circles around your brain?

Boxcar

boxcar
02-18-2010, 11:52 AM
If the stupid ass DA had charged her with assault with a deadly weapon, she wouldn't been able to get a gun.

But Goren is loathe to place the blame on any liberal because after all, libs never, never, never make mistakes.

Boxcar

jballscalls
02-18-2010, 12:12 PM
it's funny because everything i've heard about this lady, the first thing anybody i talk to about it says is "she was a huge obama fan, liberal, kook, etc"

so it seems to me, Rush's point isnt valid, because surely every conservative in the country (roughly half of the country) is bringing it up, therefore i think everyone knows she's a liberal kook.

I think he's trying to play the "look how they picked on me" card, which he loves because it just means more attention and ratings. Rush, Howard, Beck, they love creating controversy because it drives up ratings!

But everyone knows this lady is a kooky liberal, who's denying it?

johnhannibalsmith
02-18-2010, 12:25 PM
I suspect, based upon her criminal past, that this ugly broad was certifiably crazy long before she made a cognizant decision to be aligned with any party or ideology. It doesn't sound as though liberalism or Obamafatuation made her any crazier. She's an ugly nut. Being a nut didn't make her liberal and being liberal didn't make her a nut, being a nut made her a criminal and now a murderer.

I know why Rush is going on with this and there is a point to be made, but it's not much different than calling for someone's head for using the word "retard" when you don't actually think that person deserves a beheading. The other team would have stooped to this pathetic silliness, so why shouldn't we? It's okay to point out a double-standard, but when you try to remove the 'double' and make it the standard... I dunno... it just seems like time would be better spent reassuring people that you are little sharper than the other team.

cj's dad
02-18-2010, 12:33 PM
But Goren is loathe to place the blame on any liberal because after all, libs never, never, never make mistakes.

Boxcar

Apparently, he never heard the old slogan

"guns don't kill people, people kill people"

Tom
02-18-2010, 12:45 PM

Guns don't kill people, District Attorneys kill people.

BlueShoe
02-18-2010, 01:14 PM
More news coming out todays about her students making complaints to school administrators in the past about Bishops teaching methods. But hey, in the far left ideology that dominates the academic world, Bishop no doubt was considered "creative" and an "independant thinker" by her peers and superiors, that is how the liberal mindset functions. As for the gun question, what if at least one of the persons at that fatal meeting had been armed and skilled in the use of firearms? Bishop might of gotten off a round or two before being herself shot, and the casualty list would have been much smaller. Better still, Bishop might not have acted at all if she knew that an armed person was present. Since schools have become dangerous places, am all for teachers and administrators being armed and trained.

JustRalph
02-18-2010, 01:22 PM
You cannot have missed the point of Rush's rant by that much ? You are purposely ignoring his point for the sake of banter, right ?

it's funny because everything i've heard about this lady, the first thing anybody i talk to about it says is "she was a huge obama fan, liberal, kook, etc"

so it seems to me, Rush's point isnt valid, because surely every conservative in the country (roughly half of the country) is bringing it up, therefore i think everyone knows she's a liberal kook.

I think he's trying to play the "look how they picked on me" card, which he loves because it just means more attention and ratings. Rush, Howard, Beck, they love creating controversy because it drives up ratings!

But everyone knows this lady is a kooky liberal, who's denying it?

sandpit
02-18-2010, 02:10 PM
Who cares who this wingnut was a fan of? All that would be is a distraction from who she really is...a horribly mentally imbalanced person who cost three people their lives.

If anyone seriously believes Limbaugh really still is a publicity hound seeking ratings, they are several years too late...he has bloviated his way to riches at the level of a major corporate CEO; the last thing he needs is public attention for the sake of greater riches.

Tom
02-18-2010, 03:09 PM
You want to address the message or the messenger?

PhantomOnTour
02-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Should we be more concerned with:

a) why she wasnt charged in the killing of her brother in Mass. years ago, thus denying her the right to own a gun, etc...

b) the hiring practices of UAH

c) the family and friends of those killed

d) why a woman of her mental state was at large after all she'd done

e) what political party she belongs to

mountainman
02-18-2010, 05:22 PM
but it's not much different than calling for someone's head for using the word "retard" when you don't actually think that person deserves a beheading.

Of course Palin wants Obama's aid beheaded, and it has nothing to do with his spouting some offensive word. It's political, and her downplaying (as 'satire'????) Rush Limabaugh's use of the same word is incredibly hypocritical. After calling (again)the other night for Emmanuel's resignation on humanitarian grounds, Palin smiled coyly and added 'Plus, he's given the president bad advice.' She should be ashamed for disguising politics as moral outrage and exploiting handicapped people to boost her partisan agenda.

Rookies
02-18-2010, 06:03 PM
How much time do you think Flushed Windbag spent outing the political preferences of James von Brunn ?

Two nano seconds ?

The usual partisan hatred from El Hate-bo- nothing else.

Except, that the 'H' word is now the remark du jour for his program. Elevating political discourse below the gutter.

bigmack
02-18-2010, 06:06 PM
The usual partisan hatred from El Hate-bo- nothing else.
On a scale of hate, how would you compare Limbaugh with Olbermann?

Rookies
02-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Can't answer that- never listen to Obermann. Who needs to listen to those who are likely to agree with you ?

" Know thine enemy" is the dictum I subscribe to.

Tom
02-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Amazing how unarmed some are in a battle of wits.
Few here can muster even a rudimentary comment on the TOPIC.
Mention Rush and some cannot engage in meaningful discussions.

BluegrassProf
02-19-2010, 02:14 AM
On a scale of hate, how would you compare Limbaugh with Olbermann?
They're roughly equivalent, though Limbaugh is far louder, and considerably less fashionable.

They cloned Olbermann to make Maddow - a sort of Keith 2.0. *shivers*

Both Rush and Keith/Keith 2.0 are clearly hateful; the key difference is that, while Limbaugh builds no illusions about his hate - his schtick is outright rancor - Olbermann paints his with strokes of charity.

At the end of the day, one needs to ask oneself which is worse....or if "worse" is even relevant. :liar:

cj's dad
02-19-2010, 08:42 AM
They're roughly equivalent, though Limbaugh is far louder, and considerably less fashionable.

They cloned Olbermann to make Maddow - a sort of Keith 2.0. *shivers*

Both Rush and Keith/Keith 2.0 are clearly hateful; the key difference is that, while Limbaugh builds no illusions about his hate - his schtick is outright rancor - Olbermann paints his with strokes of charity.

At the end of the day, one needs to ask oneself which is worse....or if "worse" is even relevant. :liar:

Rush 13.9 MILLION listeners per week (as of 2008) while Keith O. draws 268,000 viewers per month

Yeah professor, that KO sure is fashionable.

BluegrassProf
02-19-2010, 10:12 AM
Rush 13.9 MILLION listeners per week (as of 2008) while Keith O. draws 268,000 viewers per month

Yeah professor, that KO sure is fashionable.
:D

Have you seen these two guys? You know I was talking about actual fashion, right?

Audience size does not a fashionable pundit make. Designer glasses do.

:faint:

cj's dad
02-19-2010, 10:28 AM

Have you seen these two guys? You know I was talking about actual fashion, right?

:faint:

Your professorial satire sailed over my poorly educated head !!

PaceAdvantage
02-19-2010, 09:44 PM

:faint:Are we talking Countdown or Queer Eye? I'm getting confused here...