PDA

View Full Version : Short Track Skating

chickenhead
02-18-2010, 01:15 AM
I like the short track speed skating, the wipeouts and speed and tight turns and passing, but the Olympics always amaze with the little things - like why is Korea so good at short track speed skating? It's there event, they love it, it's huge there. Long track? Nope, that's us and the Europeans. Short track -- they DOMINATE.

Strange things. I understand the kimchi Korea, its tasty with some barbq. But the short track skating fetish and skills I do not.

skate
02-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Now just look at that, i understand 'short track' ,but Man that Kimci... that's one food i could do without.

Greyfox
02-18-2010, 09:22 PM
Short track is exciting....particularly the team relays. Wow. What timing they need.

46zilzal
02-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Gold medal yesterday from the Richmond oval

Short track and figure skating is why about 10 friend who work at the Hastings simulcast site had to eat 6 weeks salary!

sandpit
02-22-2010, 10:00 PM
It's my favorite winter olympic sport, and I like a lot of them. Look for 21-year-old Katherine Reutter, who is a great girl with a wonderful personality, earn a medal before the games are over.

The gal from China, Wang Meng, is awesome in the shorter races, but has a tougher time as the distances stretch out.