PDA

View Full Version : fountain of youth saturday 2/20

bisket
02-17-2010, 07:38 PM
who do you think win this race? i have to work saturday, but will hopefully be home in time to bet. i may just call my wager in though. going into this race i have it my mind to give jackson bend a good look. until i look at the pps i won't pick for sure just yet.

only11
02-17-2010, 08:03 PM
who do you think win this race? i have to work saturday, but will hopefully be home in time to bet. i may just call my wager in though. going into this race i have it my mind to give jackson bend a good look. until i look at the pps i won't pick for sure just yet.
Better race to watch,i do like the southwest @oaklawn.in your opinion are any of the fountain of youth runners serious derby contenders?IMO i see pretenders not contenders for the first SAT in may.

bisket
02-17-2010, 08:45 PM
theres two in this race that merit further scrutinity. i'm curious to see how jackson bend does in this race. he was a little short fitness wise for the holy bull. although that also might mean he won't run his best here either. i'm hoping for a good pace here to see how buddy's saint reacts to it. the remson has a bad history for derby horses. i just don't think a 1 1/8 mile race for 2 year oldsn will give you a picture of a horses ability. lets see how he does with a good pace. although he couldn't have drew any better post wise. so to answer your question i think there are two horses that could be in the trifecta on derby day in this race. although alot can change between now and derby time.

WinterTriangle
02-18-2010, 12:11 AM
No pps yet, but I'm just gonna watch this race.
I'm rooting for Pulsion, Prince Will I Am, Buddy's Saint and Lost Aptitude.

Hoping Aikenite will get up for a piece since it's only 1 1/16th mile.

Willy Wonka
02-18-2010, 08:47 PM

Hoping Aikenite will get up for a piece since it's only 1 1/16th mile.

Thats gonna be news to Frank Stronach. When he razed the facility for the Comedy Hallandale has now he reconfigured the track to 9 panels. An 8.5 Panel race would start on the turn.

Ponce de León

lamboguy
02-18-2010, 09:01 PM
the hutchinson stakes is what happens when a horse can't go two turns. i am going for WILDCAT FRANKIE in the race.

bisket
02-19-2010, 10:09 PM
i like jackson bend in this race. i think he's gonna be a good valu in comparison to buddy's saint; who many are already draping in roses. i don't see jackson gettiong cooked the first 1/2 mile like the holy bull.

PhantomOnTour
02-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Any love for Prince Will I Am or an improving and bred for distance Ice Box?

1GCFAN
02-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Well I don't know about Buddy being the favorite. Not one of the selectors in the DRF picked him on top. Most writers are drinking at Nick's Kool Aid Stand.

jonnielu
02-19-2010, 10:56 PM
i like jackson bend in this race. i think he's gonna be a good valu in comparison to buddy's saint; who many are already draping in roses. i don't see jackson gettiong cooked the first 1/2 mile like the holy bull.

Unfortunately, there is only one horse here that has the proper credentials, and that is Buddy's Saint. It would be difficult to bet against him at any rate, much less with another low priced horse.

Prince Will I Am has the ability to win, and probably won't attract an amount of play that is equal to that ability. The stable however may not be equal to the task. Then Lost Aptitude could find the wire with one of those turf-style stretch runs, #9 is a pretty good dirt number too, as long as there are 2 turns.

jdl

Robert Fischer
02-20-2010, 12:02 AM
buddy's saint by 5

WinterTriangle
02-20-2010, 04:12 AM
the hutchinson stakes is what happens when a horse can't go two turns. i am going for WILDCAT FRANKIE in the race.

I'll be on A Little Warm or D'Funnybone

W2G
02-20-2010, 12:00 PM
I have a hunch one of the longer prices may crash this party based on recency and fitness, and perhaps developing talent. Pleasant Prince is an intriguing sleeper in this field.

Mineshaft
02-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Eskendereya by 3

PhantomOnTour
02-20-2010, 12:10 PM
The more I look the more I like Prince Will I Am. He should get his pace behind Buddy, Jack Bend, Pos Split , and the turfer Lost Aptitude. Any way you carve up the numbers he is a player. Yeah, others have proven their class already, but he will prove his today. I think this race is before the Risen Star at FG so a Drosselmeyer win will not hurt Prince's price. There, think this write up will hurt his price?

What about Aikenite??? Why the show of speed last out knowing the tough E types he was up against? His figs say 'no', but I've seen a speed prep before a big race work very well (see Baffert and Silver Charm). His price will warrant inclusion on my tix, but he could go either way here. My gut says he isn't as good as the others, but improvement can happen suddenly with 3yr olds.

harleyjoe13
02-20-2010, 12:23 PM
I really like Eskendereya

douglasw32
02-20-2010, 12:27 PM
buddy's saint by 5

Agree

lamboguy
02-20-2010, 12:30 PM
i amgoing with LOST APTITUDE

Johnny V
02-20-2010, 03:10 PM
My pick in here is Buddy's Saint. He's done nothing wrong yet (except for the DQ) and he has won at the distance as a 2 yo. First race back as a 3 yo and I think he should run well today.

Rise Over Run
02-20-2010, 03:18 PM
I really like Eskendereya

Same here. TP needs to have this one cranked today to start accumulating graded earnings. Already made the wager at the OTB and will stay home to watch. My wife doesn't think too kindly of me throwing tickets on the floor, so I better win.

Tee
02-20-2010, 05:39 PM
#3 Pulsion

DeanT
02-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Will the Toddster complain about the speed bias this year?

Nice pick boys.

Rise Over Run
02-20-2010, 05:46 PM
Same here. TP needs to have this one cranked today to start accumulating graded earnings. Already made the wager at the OTB and will stay home to watch. My wife doesn't think too kindly of me throwing tickets on the floor, so I better win.

The floors remain clean and the wallet becomes FULL!

lamboguy
02-20-2010, 05:49 PM
I really like Eskendereyacongradulations great pick

Tom
02-20-2010, 06:04 PM

I like that! :D:ThmbUp:

Watcher
02-20-2010, 06:12 PM
f3mWtDU-rig

WinterTriangle
02-20-2010, 06:20 PM
I'll be on A Little Warm or D'Funnybone

Exacta. :jump:

I didn't see Iboyee though, he seems to have dropped off my radar, but i remember liking him in the past

tribecaagent
02-20-2010, 06:36 PM

.....the mind, body & soul will become cleansed.

CincyHorseplayer
02-20-2010, 07:31 PM
I like that! :D:ThmbUp:

I 2nd that.I can't wait to use that in real life.Its in the archives!!!:cool:

Robert Fischer
02-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Eskendereya ran great.
He probably crushes Buddy's Saint even if the latter gets the trip he was "supposed to get".

Wow another runner that has put on 100+ lbs for Pletcher. He is really getting them to eat up the feed. :ThmbUp:
He actualy had Rule looking really muscular last out, now Eskendereya has flourished physically to an alltime high.

across the board, Pletch has been unabashed with much of his stock

Pletcher paraded a 4yo first time starter a couple weeks ago, a real blue-blood, couple million pricetag, obviously late to the track for a reason... he ran up the track- but he then benchpressed the winner right out of the winners circle, threw him all the way back to Kentucky, and started flinging 90lb plates around the gym in a fit of roid rage. Supposedly he's going to work his price tag off by pimping cheap supplements and protein powder to young horses who think they can get huge naturally. ;)

bisket
02-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Eskendereya ran great.
He probably crushes Buddy's Saint even if the latter gets the trip he was "supposed to get".

Wow another runner that has put on 100+ lbs for Pletcher. He is really getting them to eat up the feed. :ThmbUp:
He actualy had Rule looking really muscular last out, now Eskendereya has flourished physically to an alltime high.

across the board, Pletch has been unabashed with much of his stock

Pletcher paraded a 4yo first time starter a couple weeks ago, a real blue-blood, couple million pricetag, obviously late to the track for a reason... he ran up the track- but he then benchpressed the winner right out of the winners circle, threw him all the way back to Kentucky, and started flinging 90lb plates around the gym in a fit of roid rage. Supposedly he's going to work his price tag off by pimping cheap supplements and protein powder to young horses who think they can get huge naturally. ;)
pletchers horses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygQvB6OjHOU

PhantomOnTour
02-21-2010, 12:50 AM
Outstanding run by Eskendereya today. My longshots Prince Will I Am and Ice Box failed to make an impact, although the latter put in a nice wide run to get 5th or so, not bad. He may be one to watch as his ped is pure distance and he's improving with each race...Ice Box.
Only consolation is my future bet on Eskendereya (still an underlay at 22-1), but even that's a long way off.

Robert Fischer
03-11-2010, 02:48 PM

wins by 9 @ 3-5 today's 4th at gulfstream