PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Prospectus team win projections

Valuist
02-16-2010, 08:07 PM
They have the AL Central as a 3 way tie for the win between the White Sox, Tigers and Twins........at records of 80-82. I don't think there's ever been a sub .500 division winner. Almost impossible to do, given the high number of divisional games.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/fantasy/dc/

headhawg
02-16-2010, 08:25 PM
The White Sox have a pretty good starting five: Peavy, Buehrle, Danks, Floyd, and Garcia. (Ok, Garcia is weak but he's the 5th starter). Not a lot of power but a nice team. Kind of old, though. A lot of their success will be based on how well Quentin and Rios do this season. Should be interesting but I think that they will finish above .500. And with any luck maybe even 90 wins.

Or, no one will hit and they'll win 75.

Valuist
02-16-2010, 10:34 PM
I thought the number seemed low but I also thought their Cubs win number (79) was low by about 8-10. The Sox still have a decent nucleus with 4 of the starters you mentioned and Jenks. I thought Ramirez was a bit of a disappointment last year and I expect him to be better this year. Beckham is very solid. Konerko should at least be able to hit for power and Quentin will IF he doesn't get hurt. I like the Pierre acquisition to add speed, which they need. I know a couple Tigers fans and they are not optimistic about their team this year. The Twins get a new stadium but I think that really hurts them. The Metrodome was a great home field advantage for them over the years.

But the Baseball Prospectus projections have been pretty good. A couple years ago, the guys on the Score were ripping on them for predicting 72 wins for the White Sox. They ended up with exactly 72 wins.