PDA

View Full Version : MCP FIles and Handifast

lsosa54
02-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Who is using .mcp files in either HHXv2.1 or Handi 6 successfully? Myself and at least one other user can't get them to work. I can use them with the BRIS PP Generator and what seems to be added in are the RR and CR.

HHXv2.1 only shows Race 1 in the menu and it's not even fully visible. Choose Race 1 and it immediately errors out.

Handi 6 shows Race and Race 1 in the menu. Choose Race 1 with default setting and the scratch box comes up with as many horses in sequence from all races it can fit in a strange font. Click on close and you basically get gibberish for all those horses - looks like horses from Race 1, Race 2, and part of Race 3 combined. If I go back and select the "Race" option, it immediately errors out.

I use Win XP Media Center SP3. I have no problems with the $1 BRIS file. I also have the same issues with .mcp when I use my Win 7 Ultimate partition. Changing the file extension to .drf does not solve the problem - don't think the file is even readable then.

The only program that I can successfully use the MCP files with is WR. What am I missing?

Thanks for the help.

headhawg
02-15-2010, 10:59 AM
I know of a couple of users that have had no problems. I have used them during testing and haven't had any issues. Does this problem happen after you put them into the PP generator? Maybe that program causes the files to become corrupt.

lsosa54
02-15-2010, 11:19 AM
HH: If you've had no issues, then maybe it's the files I've used that have been the problem. I did try them before I put them in the PP Generator. Since I don't normally use these files, I've tried a couple (around 5 different ones) that were sent to me for research and maybe they were somehow corrupt, although they did work in the BRIS PP generator after not working in both Handis.

I guess I should spend the $5 and download one to confirm for myself. Thanks for the feedback.

mmdorn
02-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Who is using .mcp files in either HHXv2.1 or Handi 6 successfully? Myself and at least one other user can't get them to work. I can use them with the BRIS PP Generator and what seems to be added in are the RR and CR.

HHXv2.1 only shows Race 1 in the menu and it's not even fully visible. Choose Race 1 and it immediately errors out.

Handi 6 shows Race and Race 1 in the menu. Choose Race 1 with default setting and the scratch box comes up with as many horses in sequence from all races it can fit in a strange font. Click on close and you basically get gibberish for all those horses - looks like horses from Race 1, Race 2, and part of Race 3 combined. If I go back and select the "Race" option, it immediately errors out.

I use Win XP Media Center SP3. I have no problems with the $1 BRIS file. I also have the same issues with .mcp when I use my Win 7 Ultimate partition. Changing the file extension to .drf does not solve the problem - don't think the file is even readable then.

The only program that I can successfully use the MCP files with is WR. What am I missing?

Thanks for the help.

Hi,

I just downloaded the the sample MCP Datafile from Bris and was able to use it with no problem with the Handi-Multi Track Version. My operating system is Win XP Home Edition SP3.

Mike

lsosa54
02-15-2010, 11:50 AM
Hi,

I just downloaded the the sample MCP Datafile from Bris and was able to use it with no problem with the Handi-Multi Track Version. My operating system is Win XP Home Edition SP3.

Mike

Thanks Mike - completely forgot about the sample available. That seals it - my source was somehow corrupted for the Handis, which however doesn't seem to affect the PP Generator.

lsosa54
02-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Just tried an old AP .mcp file from 2008 and it worked absolutely fine in both Handi6 and HHXv2.1. Those other source files I tried were somehow corrupted but they did work in the pp generator.

I ran the AP file through the pp generator to produce pp's and then tried it again in both Handis, and it worked just fine again. Go figure.

dartman51
02-15-2010, 05:58 PM
I use MCP files exclusively and have not had the first issue with Handifast, any version.

raybo
02-15-2010, 07:58 PM
Yeah, I've used both .mcp and .drf in handi and MT6, no problems.