PDA

View Full Version : Oaklawn Park show prices

Stillriledup
02-15-2010, 12:55 AM
I could have sworn Rachel Alexandra paid 2.20 to place last year with an 800k place bet on her. Today, there was a horse that paid 2.10 to show. I don't get it. Anyone know if Equibase might have made a mistake?

lamboguy
02-15-2010, 02:30 AM
I could have sworn Rachel Alexandra paid 2.20 to place last year with an 800k place bet on her. Today, there was a horse that paid 2.10 to show. I don't get it. Anyone know if Equibase might have made a mistake?after20 years of going to the state legislature to change the payoffs down to 2.10 they finally succeeded in 2009 in changing the law. i remember when it got changed in new york. that put an end to an era where there were a few very good bridgejumpers that made a good living at it got stopped. there is a thread somewhere here that talks about the chances of winning at the game. this was one of the only ones i knew and the door got slammed shut on this one.

Stillriledup
02-15-2010, 11:23 PM
after20 years of going to the state legislature to change the payoffs down to 2.10 they finally succeeded in 2009 in changing the law. i remember when it got changed in new york. that put an end to an era where there were a few very good bridgejumpers that made a good living at it got stopped. there is a thread somewhere here that talks about the chances of winning at the game. this was one of the only ones i knew and the door got slammed shut on this one.

Ugh, thats terrible news. I made a monster place bet on Rachel last year....my only bet at Oaklawn for the entire meet. I won't play oaklawn, but if they're gonna give me 2.20 on Rachel to place vs a bunch of donkeys, i'm all in.

lamboguy
02-16-2010, 04:10 AM
Ugh, thats terrible news. I made a monster place bet on Rachel last year....my only bet at Oaklawn for the entire meet. I won't play oaklawn, but if they're gonna give me 2.20 on Rachel to place vs a bunch of donkeys, i'm all in.i am going to give you some great news, you can focus your attention still to the west virgina tracks, they still offer the same 2.20 for third. they have some good races there with stickouts there too, only thing is you won't find that many of them in older stakes races, you have to go searching down the ranks for what you want. also you better know how those tracks are playing on the particular day that those horses show up, mountaineer is located near a river and things change during the night after it gets dark.

Robert Goren
02-16-2010, 08:53 AM
mountaineer is located near a river and things change during the night after it gets dark. That may well be the biggest understatement in the history of this board.

Stillriledup
02-16-2010, 09:56 AM
i am going to give you some great news, you can focus your attention still to the west virgina tracks, they still offer the same 2.20 for third. they have some good races there with stickouts there too, only thing is you won't find that many of them in older stakes races, you have to go searching down the ranks for what you want. also you better know how those tracks are playing on the particular day that those horses show up, mountaineer is located near a river and things change during the night after it gets dark.

Thanks Lambo.

SMOO
02-19-2010, 04:32 PM
So if I am correct that just leaves Mass. (Suffolk) & West Virginia (Mountaineer) as 2.20 minimum states?

:2: :20:

Leonard
02-19-2010, 04:37 PM
That may well be the biggest understatement in the history of this board.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: