PDA

View Full Version : Toga Trip

Suff
07-01-2003, 09:16 AM
Most members have seen something about my trip to Saratoga this Summer. For those that have'nt and to refresh those that did.

Today is July 1st. On or about July 23 rd (3 weeks) I'm going to ask anyone and everyone to give me Thier HARD iternary.

If your LIKELY to come by for an afternoon, a day, a weekend, a week,,,I'd like to know by July 23rd.

The quick skinny is this.

I have a few cottages a few Minutes from Saratoga for August 23rd to Sept 1st.

I made a semi-open invitation to PA members that if they would like to come for a day or few they were welcome.

So Far I have 5 for the entire week. I have another 10-15 that have said they are coming for a Day or two or three,

Thats all well and Good and it looks like the trip will be a ton of fun. But I need to make sure one or two things DO NOT HAPPEN.

1. I have more people than beds.
2. I have empty beds.

So I'm setting an Arbritary DEADLINE of July 23rd. I've had ONE DROP off and One I Have'nt heard from in two months. (not included in the 5).

I have 3 cottages,,If I can get away with two. I can do one of two things. I can invite more local people to Join me or I could rent the third for $1000.00 a week and use the money.

I'd Like to see as MANY PA people as possible. It is a rare Opportunity outside of seminars to meet people that you talk horses with all year. Additionally, the crowd I have lined up is a great mix of Tremendous Horse players and Mature enjoyable people.

Also, The place we are staying has 900 feet of Private Beach on the Hudson river. Fishing, Boating, swimming, horseshoes, et al...

Nothing is Required....its free. They'll be soda and Hamburg/hotdog type food in abundance. Bring some $$'s for the windows and a little for entertainment and you should be all set.

The large % of guys going are 40+ , hard working, hard handicapping, pure horse players. We are all there to enjoy the trip and track. They'll be no Funny Business. SUFF has a PHD from the Univ. of Hard Knocks. If you want to drink 2 cases of beer and fall down face first in the river? Good luck to you, I'll be at the track.

If you'd like to come...The invitation is Genuine and I garauntee you'll enjoy yourself.

This is a general idea of who I am expecting to see, as they have committed and given me an idea of when.

Bill Weaver
RocaJack
Cj Milkowski
Irisladstabel
JOTB
Irishladstable
WINMANWIN
Dave Schwartz
K. Klien
PA
Reid Meclennan (purple Power)

Theres a few more, doing this from memory.

Day Trip?

You know that BIG red and white tent at the end of the Clubhouse? Its right beside the dirt Path the horses use coming from the paddock? I'm trying to Finagle a Table for 20 in there for August 26th or 27th. It comes with a seat, table, lunch buffet, program. Its usually $50 a head. I may have that for ZIPPO for one day for LUNCH for PA's crowd. If you'd like to come for the day, we could all pile in there for the afternoon.

I need to get PA's exact dates he will be there for this. I'm going to Saratoga on July 26th with a PA member and friend. I'll know then if I can pull it off.

If you'd like to come to either , please drop me a line by July 23 rd.

mdudley.boston@comcast.net

Note,,,Comcast Bought ATT,,,effective yesterday I'm at Comcast.net. Not attbi.com

Suff
07-04-2003, 05:43 PM
I did get another handful of People that took me up on the invitation to stay a few days or the week. I have the e-mails. I read them Briefly. I'm 80% sure all the iternaries that were requested or suggested can be accommodatted. Actually ,, closer to 99% now that we unfortunately lost CJ.

I got the e-mails out of town.. I printed them. I have them. I'll get back to you guys in a few days.

Thanks for agreeing to come . Its going to be enjoyable.

pat
07-04-2003, 08:03 PM
hi suff
wish u hung out an extra day cashed a few for the 4TH of july it was great meeting you your a good guy

pat

Suff
07-04-2003, 08:23 PM
Same to you Pat. I enjoyed it. I'll see you next month upstate.

Great Trip. Enjoyed myself.

Suff
07-07-2003, 04:10 PM
lil bump up for a Friendy Reminder......or those that missed it.

TriJack
Cumverland blues
sam I am

Your all set ... Make your plans... Your in.

I'll get back to you as 7/23-03 gets closer.

Suff
07-15-2003, 08:05 AM
The Trips sold out.

I'll carve out ONE spot for late arrival or decison maker.

Other than that. The ship has left port.

Total combined PA people 17

Non-PA 9.

another 8-10 with own accommadations dropped me a note that they'd like to join us at the track only for a few days.

Good solid group......

we are going to HAVE a Blast......

Bubbles
07-15-2003, 09:51 AM
Hey Suff...

You might already know this, but I'm going up Aug. 25th. Only an hour and a half south of the track, so it isn't bad of a drive up. Looking forward to meeting you all there!

BillW
07-15-2003, 11:32 AM
Sitting here in the backwash of this damned hurricane, it isn't hard to be looking forward to this trip. :eek: I'm ready to leave tomorrow.

Bill

Suff
07-15-2003, 12:41 PM
For the Folks coming for a day trip....or considering coming up for a day. Don't be afraid to pack an overnight bag if you think you might want to hang out for a day or two..

Still got a month to go and anything could happen as far as people "not" actually coming.

but in fairness, for most people...backing out now would cost them an airplane ticket. Might have a few people not show due to life issues....but i don't expect many "mind changers"...Most of the people that have said they are coming..are pretty solidly locked in......But shit happens and if theres a spot...Your welcome to it.

By the same token, if there isn't a spot....you gotta take it like a champ...

PaceAdvantage
07-15-2003, 04:42 PM
You do have me as one of the one's with "other accomodations", correct??

Suff
07-15-2003, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
You do have me as one of the one's with "other accomodations", correct??

Yuppers...

btw. In case you "did'nt know";)

http://www.drf.com/news/article/48132.html