PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone going to be staying in little Rock hotels and driving to Oaklawn 4/9?

adwplayingfool
02-14-2010, 03:12 PM
I am unable to rent a car but will be staying in little rock most likely. If anyone is going to be in the city anyways and driving out to Oaklawn and wants to make some extra $ to bet on your favorite horse let me know as I would like to not have to pay $500 or so for a limo company when I could hitch a ride with a fellow fan to and from the track and give them some $ for their time. feel free to PM me with an offer or details if you are going to be around. Thanks.

tanner12oz
02-15-2010, 12:24 PM
what time did you wanna get to the track??? are you looking for a one way or roundtrip ride?

adwplayingfool
02-15-2010, 02:35 PM
To be honest I am laid back and very negotiable, preferably round trip as I won't have another means of transport unless I get a seperate ride back than in, I would like to be up there by first post but again earlier or a bit later is negotiable as well.

Bettowin
02-15-2010, 03:20 PM
You might send the people at Oaklawn a quick e-mail asking them if they know of or have any shuttles or buses coming from and going to Little Rock. I looked online and there are shuttle and bus services and I would bet there is something going back and forth that weekend. Where are you flying in from?

adwplayingfool
02-15-2010, 03:35 PM
The plan is to fly in from DC connecting through Atlanta right now, just firming up some stuff to make sure its a 100% go but it is looking promising, the shuttle idea is a good idea. Never crossed my mind.

Saratoga_Mike
02-15-2010, 03:41 PM
You didn't ask, but there are nonstop flights on Southwest out of BWI into Little Rock. They are about $275 roundtrip. I can't imagine you'll get anything much cheaper than that, and you won't have to fly through Hartsfield.

adwplayingfool
02-15-2010, 03:46 PM
More good info. Thanks Mike, I definitley prefer nonstops especially for such a short flight. Was going to fly out of national but the flight with a stop is more than from BWI nonstop. Definitley a better deal.

toussaud
02-15-2010, 03:53 PM
I live in LR

I can take someone with me to hot springs wtih me that day if you dont' mind riding in a sports car

Saratoga_Mike
02-15-2010, 03:55 PM
More good info. Thanks Mike, I definitley prefer nonstops especially for such a short flight. Was going to fly out of national but the flight with a stop is more than from BWI nonstop. Definitley a better deal.

Better hurry - I suspect the cheap fares will go quickly. Once they're gone, I think you're looking at a $600+ roundtrip ticket.

Bettowin
02-15-2010, 04:19 PM
I live in LR

I can take someone with me to hot springs wtih me that day if you dont' mind riding in a sports car

Depends how you drive:) Most of the roads around Hot Springs could spell the end if someone flew off the road at high speed:)

toussaud
02-15-2010, 04:28 PM
perfect driving record. i'm a grandma.

Bettowin
02-15-2010, 04:35 PM
perfect driving record. i'm a grandma.

Never would have thought that. Amazing the picture one's mind paints of posters on websites:)

michiken
02-15-2010, 04:38 PM
Have you considered posting an ad on craigslist rideshare (http://littlerock.craigslist.org/rid/) ? I bet you could offer 20 bucks roundtrip and find a willing driver.

kroebuck67
02-15-2010, 07:32 PM
No one will be speeding on the road to Hot Springs from Little Rock on April 9th, I assure you. Highway 70 is a 2-lane state highway, and it's nut-to-butt crowded (I'd say average speed is 25-30 all the way to the Spa City) on big race days.

If the only thing you want to see is the big race, it might be okay to leave Little Rock around Noonish; but if you want to make the first race, I'd recommend leaving before 9:30 a.m., so you can get a place in line when the gates open at 11:00 a.m. First post is usually 1:05 a.m.

kroebuck67
02-15-2010, 07:34 PM
No one will be speeding on the road to Hot Springs from Little Rock on April 9th, I assure you. Highway 70 is a 2-lane state highway, and it's nut-to-butt crowded (I'd say average speed is 25-30 all the way to the Spa City) on big race days.

If the only thing you want to see is the big race, it might be okay to leave Little Rock around Noonish; but if you want to make the first race, I'd recommend leaving before 9:30 a.m., so you can get a place in line when the gates open at 11:00 a.m. First post is usually 1:05 a.m.

Oh, I forgot to mention there will be State Troopers on that highway every 1/2 mile or so.