PDA

View Full Version : Road to the Roses

ZephyrHawk
02-14-2010, 10:24 AM
So here I was thinking I'm so awesome because two of my stable horses came in this weekend, another was in the money, and I've got the favorite for Monday's Southwest Stakes and what do I find? The darn game doesn't start keeping score until next week! Arrgghhh!!!!

Anyone else play this?

sandpit
02-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Have played it in the past, but didn't sign up yet this year. I thought it started this weekend as well, so I might have been just as frustrated as you right about now.

I am playing the Derby Fantasy game on winstar.com. Much easier to sign up and not as much of a hassle to maintain once the game starts.

Rialto
02-14-2010, 11:24 PM
But I am not finalizing my stables til this coming thursday or friday

Hanover1
02-21-2010, 03:15 PM
One of my stables hit all five preps and put me in the hunt, however Im sure I will fade as I usually do... :p

Zenyatta To Crush
02-21-2010, 04:00 PM
I don't like how you can have 3 stables now. I'm sure some people don't mind it but I feel like the winning stable will consist of horses, jockeys and trainers that people probably wouldn't have added if they only had one stable. I guess Pletcher will be the exception to this theory.

WinterTriangle
02-21-2010, 07:05 PM
I noticed that people who had the highest points after the weekend were ones that seemed to design a stable specifically around these preps.

I try to design a stable for the long term.

I did put pletcher in........just to get points along the way :D

There's a coupla contests that actually pay $$....I'm going to concentrate on those.

ZephyrHawk
02-22-2010, 12:55 PM
My husband challenged me to put together a stable for him of all the horses I thought were "overrated" because he says a sure way to get a horse to win the KD is for me not to like them. Well, I did, and he had 5 horses (technically 6) running this weekend to my 4 (2 of which were in an unscored race). So what happens? He gets one 1st, 1 second, 1 third (which with that amount of horses running, they could easiuly have tripped over) and some no shows. My two horses in the unscored race finish 1-2 and the other horses come in just under the placings in the other races. So, of course, he's kicking my behind.

Ah, screw it. My earlybird picks of Caracortado and Conveyance still rock!!! Wish I had gone with Eskendereya, though, he was #11 on my list.