PDA

View Full Version : Column Definitions

douglasw32
02-13-2010, 11:42 PM
LR= Days since last raced.
CL= Class (Average of last 5 winners speed ratings)
DS= Distance (Combination of speed figure and pedigree Rating)
EP= Early Pace (Average 1/4m Bris Pace figure)
RT= Running Type (Bris)
LP= Late Pace (Average Bris LP figure)
RS= Running Style (H,M,L based on Early Speed points...High, Medium, Low)
FM= Form Points (based on points for factors like 5f work last 15 days, Best last race, improved speed figures, and a bunch of other crap I look at, not really sure what all is coded in there)
PC= Performance Class (Loosely based on William Scotts' Performace Class Rating)
AW/TF/MY/DT= Surface (all Weather,Turf,Mud,Dirt) Combination of speed figure and pedigree rating.
FAST= A weighted average of all factors
TR= Trainer %
JK= Jockey %
ML= published Morning Line odds
S3/S2/S1= Speed Figure (bris) last race=s1, 2nd back=s2, 3rd back=s3

C-C= class-consistency
P-S= pace-speed
PWR= Power rating

The C-C, P-S, and PWR are modified versions of the class-consistency, pace-speed, and power ratings found in Mitchell's Winning Thoroughbred Strategies book.

The C-C rating is based on EPS, Win%, and ITM%;

P-S is a combined early pace and final speed rating. They are both based on 60 (low) to 100 (high) scale, and only compare the horses running in that particular race. In other words, a 90 rating in one race is NOT comparable to a 90 (or a 75 or 93) in another.

The PWR rating is simply a weighted combination of the C-C and P-S ratings based on race distance.

BIG HIT
02-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Very good i can see had alot of mis interpetion's

fasjack
02-14-2010, 03:08 PM
Thanks Doug, This helps a lot when assigning each column points.

headhawg
02-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Houndog put together a collection of posts about Fast/Handifast into a .doc file. You can find it in post #200 of the Handi-Fast thread. It's a little out of date but there is still some good stuff in there for newcomers to our little program.