02-13-2010, 12:40 PM
our center is only 6-9 but we're gonna take it dem dukeys today :jump:

cj's dad
02-13-2010, 03:44 PM
]our center is only 6-9[/b] but we're gonna take it dem dukeys today :jump:

He had no answer for Zoukov today.

bisket
02-13-2010, 08:34 PM
maybe when we playem at our house. although we're not gonna be any taller. ;)

cj's dad
02-14-2010, 12:29 AM
Speaking of the U of Md, Juan Dixon, the hero of Maryland's 2002 NCAA mens basketball championship has tested positive for steroid use while playing in the Spanish Pro league-

Say it ain't so Juan.

bisket
02-22-2010, 08:15 PM
i guees he got tired of being a twerp... ;) first his aunt and now him. bad year for the dixon family. wonder if he's good with computers ;) if he is he missed the boat. the giveways from the city government have ended.

bisket
03-03-2010, 11:11 AM
can the terps run and gun their way past the dukeys tonight? if they can their tied for 1st in the acc. i can't believe the terps aren't ranked??

46zilzal
03-03-2010, 12:59 PM
THE finest basketball one sees any time throughout the year will be the next several weeks. Some fantastic underdog stories and astounding play...College basketball is miles better than the NBA.

cj's dad
03-03-2010, 07:20 PM
can the terps run and gun their way past the dukeys tonight? if they can their tied for 1st in the acc. i can't believe the terps aren't ranked??

Number 22 or 23 depending what poll you look at !!

terps will lose by 5-8 points tonight - although that is not my wish - I simply think that they cannot handle Zubov 7'2" center - I hope I am wrong

skate
03-03-2010, 08:43 PM
I think lots of good teams are going smaller in size these days.

JustRalph
03-03-2010, 08:51 PM
I LOVED GARY WILLIAMS WHEN HE WAS AT OHIO STATE

I ALWAYS CHEER FOR HIM AND THE TERPS

DAD, WHAT AM I GONNA DO NOW ? :lol: :lol:

cj's dad
03-03-2010, 08:55 PM
I LOVED GARY WILLIAMS WHEN HE WAS AT OHIO STATE

I ALWAYS CHEER FOR HIM AND THE TERPS

DAD, WHAT AM I GONNA DO NOW ? :lol: :lol:

Cheer on bro - I will be - I just don't think they will win !!

If this were a horse race Md. would be a lock to win what with me touting the Dukies.

BTW- I'm getting so damn old I remember when he played at Md. and Jim Boehiem played at the 'Cuse.

JustRalph
03-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Great Win!!

bisket
03-04-2010, 04:03 AM
had to watch the replay. working nights this week. :jump: :jump: great game!!! duke will probably blow them out in the acc final now, but i'll enjoy this win today. :ThmbUp:

cj
03-04-2010, 04:02 PM
What a great game. Vasquez is a winner, no doubt about that.

Speaking of winners, you guys are off base about Dixon. He did test positive, but it really does seem an honest mistake and not like was a roid user.

cj's dad
03-04-2010, 05:57 PM
What a great game. Vasquez is a winner, no doubt about that.

Speaking of winners, you guys are off base about Dixon. He did test positive, but it really does seem an honest mistake and not like he was a roid user.

that's a relief, seeing as he went to the same school I attended.

Hope he makes it back to the NBA !!

OTM Al
03-04-2010, 06:51 PM
It was a good win and will help my Boilers claw their way up the rankings again a bit. Never thought they would win the whole thing but they would have been #1 for a week or so, which would have been nice. Can't see them going real far now though with Hummel out. His loss as an all around player was really felt in the Mich St. game. Had he been healthy they would have destroyed that team.

bisket
03-05-2010, 03:25 AM
i've been a terps fan since the albert king and buck williams team. it was tough being a fan then. i watched the games on a little black white tv on the uhf channel 45. reynolds wrap on the aerial and all it was still hard to make out was happening sometimes. in those days lefty would always find a way to lose the big games to carolina and duke. gary has found a way to stick it to them on occassion. i had a feeling about this game. senior night and gary had the we get no respect to inspire the team. you have to know when gary has that working for him his teams don't lose. he probably tossed that suit in the trash after the game. if we make it to the acc tourney final we should be a 2 seed :ThmbUp: . if we don't get that seed the terps to the great 8 ;) because gary's gonna pull out the rodney dangerfield act again.
as far as juan dixon thats good news because he was always my favorite from the time he played at the "hall" through his terps career. how can you not root for a guy like that.

cj
03-06-2010, 08:45 PM
They have come a long way since the William and Mary debacle. Even the a win by Carolina tonight gives the Terps the outright title, I'm not sure I can ever root for the Tar Heels (dumbest nickname in college sports!)

bisket
03-20-2010, 07:52 PM
bye bye kansas. who would have ever thought the twerps could dominate a team inside. houston= lightweights. we get past mich state, and badda bing badda boom we're in the great 8. what happened to the big east..... overated.

bisket
03-21-2010, 07:17 PM
tough loss. although they had no business still being in the game with a few seconds left off that performance. one common factor in their losses is they seem to sleep walk through the first 10 minutes of many of them.

cj's dad
03-21-2010, 08:12 PM
6.6 seconds to play - all the Terps have to do is play some defense and no one but I mean no one EVER contests the ball !! Watch the replays, it's awful.

This would have been one of the greatest comebacks in any NCAA tourney and the Terps sleepwalked through the last seconds of the game !!

bisket
03-21-2010, 10:24 PM
6.6 seconds to play - all the Terps have to do is play some defense and no one but I mean no one EVER contests the ball !! Watch the replays, it's awful.

This would have been one of the greatest comebacks in any NCAA tourney and the Terps sleepwalked through the last seconds of the game !!
yeah i agree. these exact thoughts were running through my head after the game. the mich center stood outside dribbling and didn't have a clue what to do. that guard walked to the three point line and received the pass and shot. no one came out to meet him :confused: . there wasn't another mich player around at the time. just those two mich players in a position to take a shot, and five terps standing there watching them :bang:
vapor lock?