PDA

View Full Version : New Showvivor Contest at Santa Anita

dutzman
02-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Santa Anita's new Showvivor II starts tomorrow, Sat. Feb 13th.

Here is the sign-up link for those interested.

http://showvivor.santaanita.com/ (http://showvivor.santaanita.com/)

Good Luck!

Jay Trotter
02-15-2010, 12:31 PM
I'm out!

Missed the entry deadline. :bang: :bang:

dutzman
02-19-2010, 09:18 PM
I can't find this anywhere in the Contest Rules, but I selected a horse that was in a dead heat for 3rd today...the #6 in the 5th race. I was assuming I was still alive, but SA's contest shows I am out. Tried to find an explanation in the rules but came up with nothing. You would think if you dead heat for 3rd you finish 3rd....right? At least the contest rules should specify what happens in a dead heat.

Rutgers
02-20-2010, 12:30 AM
I once had a similar problem in an other survival game. I would e-mail them about it.

It could be a problem with the software. Normally, only three horses are winners, but in this case their were four, and the software may not be able to handle it so they may need to "score" to properly by hand. (Or at least that's what they told me.)

Good luck!

dutzman
02-20-2010, 10:02 AM
Around 300 players were knocked out yesterday....probably a lot from the same race I would imagine.

miesque
02-20-2010, 10:08 AM
I agree with Rutgers that you should e-mail them pronto because that seems like a quirk in the software. I actually happened to also have my selection finish third yesterday but it was not a dead heat. If it had been and I was deemed out I would be pretty annoyed I will admit.

dutzman
02-20-2010, 10:42 AM
I found an e-mail for the Showvivor Webmaster in the contest rules. I asked nicely for an explanation. Hopefully I get a response before the deadline today one way or the other. I can't be the only one though. Their Winvivor starts again next Saturday, and if someone were to be knocked out in that on with a Dead Heat it would be crazy...since it is much tougher.

dutzman
02-20-2010, 11:53 AM
You all were right! Glitch in the system. I'm back in!! Thanks for convincing me to send an e-mail!