PDA

View Full Version : We're All Right-Wing Bastards Now!

andymays
02-12-2010, 04:11 PM
We’re All Right-Wing Bastards Now by Larry Sand

—that is, if the NEA’s logic is to be believed.

http://www.city-journal.org/2010/20_1_snd-nea.html

Excerpt:

On the final day of the National Education Association’s convention last summer, its outgoing general counsel, Bob Chanin, gave a speech for the ages. After sharing fond recollections of his 41 years as the NEA’s top lawyer, he switched gears and started lobbing grenades at “conservative and right-wing bastards,” including Fox News, the Wall Street Journal, and Forbes. The NEA and its affiliates, by contrast, were “the nation’s leading advocates for public education and the type of liberal social and economic agenda that these groups find objectionable.” Chanin’s glowing portrait of the NEA was wildly wrong, of course, but so was his characterization of the union’s opponents. People of all political stripes—not just right-wing “bastards”—are starting to realize that the single biggest impediment to education reform is the NEA itself.

Excerpt:

That Democratic leaders and poor African-Americans in Washington have found common cause with the Wall Street Journal and Fox News shows that school reform is neither a liberal nor a conservative issue. While Chanin champions the power of an entrenched union and belittles those who oppose it, people of goodwill across the political spectrum fight back for real education reform.

Larry Sand is the president of the California Teachers Empowerment Network.

http://www.city-journal.org/2010/20_1_snd-nea.html

skate
02-12-2010, 04:30 PM
So many tangents, makes it very tough to cut thru...

But, about twenty years ago, i tried telling people about the pay scale of teachers in Bucks county Pa. (the other PA). It was at that time, $90,000/yr, not to start, but a few years, and you made the $90,000.

I stopped trying to keep up with this sort...:bang:

Now, money is tight and things come to light.

Dave Schwartz
02-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Skate,

$90k?

In Nevada that pays for 3.5 teachers.

Of course, since their math is so weak, THEY think it is a lot of money. <G>

Dave

HUSKER55
02-12-2010, 06:35 PM
DAVE,

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THEIR FUZZY MATH

THEY PRACTICE WHAT THEY TEACH:D

GaryG
02-12-2010, 06:44 PM
This is yet another example of the double standard that is used by the MSM. It is perfectly acceptable in their eyes for one of "theirs" to call someone or some group a Right Wing Bastard(s). Now, how would it go if a conservative voice was to call a group of them Left Wing Bastards. There would be righteous indignation beyond belief. Such is the world we live in. Somewhere Ted Kennedy is still pissed.

TiznowfaninNY
02-12-2010, 08:38 PM
I'd rather be a right wing bastard than a lefty lowlife scumbag any day of the week.

jballscalls
02-12-2010, 09:29 PM
I'd rather be a right wing bastard than a lefty lowlife scumbag any day of the week.

i think i'm more of a conservative lowlife than a liberal basterd, but it's close

skate
02-13-2010, 01:36 PM
Skate,

$90k?

In Nevada that pays for 3.5 teachers.

Of course, since their math is so weak, THEY think it is a lot of money. <G>

Dave

got ya.:D
It's funny you say that, back in the 80s i called my niece and told her about the GREAT opportunity to teach in Vegas, since the start of the influx.

She tells me, they were roughly 50% higher to start. What did i know, getting my info from the Media.