PDA

View Full Version : $1 billion a year bet???

Bettowin
02-12-2010, 01:32 PM
And who says you can't make money at this game?

"Once the overseas betting turnover of his 24-hour, seven-day-a-week operation is taken into account, his total annual betting spend globally is believed to be well over $1 billion."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/you-can-bet-on-the-joker/story-e6frf7jo-1225829867674

BillW
02-12-2010, 01:37 PM
"If he stopped betting today, Australia's three TABs would be seriously affected, and Betfair (a global betting giant) would be in dire straits. He's that big a player.

Wanna bet the U.S. pools have nothing to worry about? :rolleyes:

skate
02-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Years back, while working with figures, if i remember, in order to take home $10,000, i'd need to play about $50,000.

That take home would include "being at the top of my game".

" opportunity" came along with "change" and i never met my figures.

Doen't mean they don't exist, just not lately.:confused:

takeout
02-12-2010, 07:43 PM
[snip]
His computers are said to be linked to totes wherever he bets globally. This enables him to bet at the last minute before a race: stopping average punters from following his tips and pushing down the odds.
[snip]

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/taking-a-gamble-just-a-numbers-game/story-e6frf7jo-1225829865406

Stillriledup
02-12-2010, 11:03 PM
[snip]
His computers are said to be linked to totes wherever he bets globally. This enables him to bet at the last minute before a race: stopping average punters from following his tips and pushing down the odds.
[snip]

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/taking-a-gamble-just-a-numbers-game/story-e6frf7jo-1225829865406

He's only able to bet this big because of large rebates. He's also not a handicapper, he's just spreading money around the pools just trying to break even or lose a few percent. As far as 'following his tips' he doesn't have any tips. in order to risk that kind of money, he's spreading all around on many different combinations.

Its a good gig if you can get it.

Valuist
02-14-2010, 05:21 PM
He's only able to bet this big because of large rebates. He's also not a handicapper, he's just spreading money around the pools just trying to break even or lose a few percent. As far as 'following his tips' he doesn't have any tips. in order to risk that kind of money, he's spreading all around on many different combinations.

Its a good gig if you can get it.

He may not be a handicapper but he employs a number of them, according to the article. You couldn't break even, or even come close, with a 10 percent rebate, simply by "spreading money around pools."

Stillriledup
02-14-2010, 08:57 PM
He may not be a handicapper but he employs a number of them, according to the article. You couldn't break even, or even come close, with a 10 percent rebate, simply by "spreading money around pools."

True. He's got to be pretty good at handicapping and betting in order to spread it around and lose 5%. When you're betting massive amounts, you're crushing your own prices so much that you really have to be spectacular just to only lose 5 pct (and win for the year with the rebate)