PDA

View Full Version : 3 things make me cry, weddings, funerals, and great horse racing.

Zippy Chippy
02-12-2010, 11:04 AM
I just checked Caesarspalace.com and you have to bet $1,000,000 to make $1 if you bet on me to sob at Oaklawn when I see Rachel/Zenyatta. Why do i put myself through this????? Its the greatest sport in the world, but why does it have to tug on my heartstrings so much? I dont know if its a gift or a curse that the sport has me by the b*lls.

joanied
02-12-2010, 11:38 AM
I just checked Caesarspalace.com and you have to bet $1,000,000 to make $1 if you bet on me to sob at Oaklawn when I see Rachel/Zenyatta. Why do i put myself through this????? Its the greatest sport in the world, but why does it have to tug on my heartstrings so much? I dont know if its a gift or a curse that the sport has me by the b*lls.

We can share a box of tissues:ThmbUp:
I would think 90% of bets places on the Apple Blossom will never be cashed...
it tugs at your heart strings because it's the greatest sport...and the athletes are beautiful, courageous...power and poetry...hell, sometimes just thinking about a great race I've seen will choke me up...
there may not be any crying in baseball...but it's allowed in horse racing:jump:

PhantomOnTour
02-12-2010, 11:44 AM
Zippy, Vegas needs to be more imaginative with your crying line.
Perhaps 4-5 on 'cry me a river'
2-5 on an 'audible sob'
8-5 on 'out n out bawlin'
and my favorite (i do it a lot at big races too) the 'teary cheer' where you are smiling and hollering but with glassy eyes and semi runny nose. Vegas is only offering a measly 1-9 on the 'teary cheer'.

Have fun Zippy

46zilzal
02-12-2010, 11:48 AM
I have many totes that have the ID code "MATCH" from the Typecast/Convenience match race at Hollywood

johnhannibalsmith
02-12-2010, 01:33 PM
I always cry at the end of the show "Intervention" on A&E... errr... carry on...

ZephyrHawk
02-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Well, I don't cry at weddings or funerals, but I hear you about option number 3. I have issues with Secretariat's Belmont especially. There's no way I can watch that clip without crying. I can't even read those pages in my Secretariat: The Making of a Champion book without crying (that book and Where the Red Fern Grows are the only books I have this problem with). And yes, sometimes just thinking about it makes me tear up...it's especially embarrassing in the car. You can put short odds on me this spring too, when they start up My Old Kentucky Home.

TJDave
02-12-2010, 04:08 PM
there may not be any crying in baseball...

You obviously don't know any Cub fans.

Skanoochies
02-12-2010, 04:14 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: You obviously don't know any Cub fans.

Grits
02-12-2010, 04:18 PM
The swing from thread to thread here is worse than a Bipolar patient requiring several meds daily. One thread has the manic euphoria of "they make me cry, I love 'em so" to the drudgery of another thread feeling little emotion in "I don't know 'em, I don't care to know 'em." None the less, if the latter has cashed in the last five minutes, the euphoria becomes as sure as the former's. LOL

Bettowin
02-12-2010, 04:40 PM
3 things that make me cry................

- slicing onions

- having a pet or loved one die

- getting kicked in the gonads............. OUCH!

No horseracing related stuff on the list but I am a big fan:)