PDA

View Full Version : How can this keep going on....

only11
02-11-2010, 08:49 PM
The 5th race @ Delta Joyful Friend was 9/1 when the gate open,had $60 win he made a SILKY SULLIVAN move around the turn and won going away...wait a minute.....13.40 win price///
How can this possibly happen..even when you win..you lose

cees with dees
02-11-2010, 08:58 PM
I understand the frustration but if I can reassure they aren't cheating, it's the truth.
The vast majority of Delta's handle is off track and a lot of that money though in on time, doesn't hit the pools before the race goes.
Not a bad thing at all to have a nice win bet on a $13 horse.
Keep it up.
Ben

only11
02-11-2010, 09:05 PM
I understand the frustration but if I can reassure they aren't cheating, it's the truth.
The vast majority of Delta's handle is off track and a lot of that money though in on time, doesn't hit the pools before the race goes.
Not a bad thing at all to have a nice win bet on a $13 horse.
Keep it up.
Ben
I know there not cheating..the moment bettors make there wagers thats the odds the they should get...
oh well...its part of the game,live with it

Horseplayersbet.com
02-11-2010, 09:13 PM
I know there not cheating..the moment bettors make there wagers thats the odds the they should get...
oh well...its part of the game,live with it
Lets not forget, when a horse's odds drop like that, the odds of others go up. People rarely say boo when their horse was 6-1 going into the gate and then wins and pays 8-1. But it does happen.

only11
02-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Lets not forget, when a horse's odds drop like that, the odds of others go up. People rarely say boo when their horse was 6-1 going into the gate and then wins and pays 8-1. But it does happen.
Good point..do you think it will ever change?

lamboguy
02-11-2010, 09:21 PM
i had one the other day @ a b-track canadien harness, the trotter i bet was 2-5, he broke stride and went all the way back to last and he wound up circling the field, got up and won and paid $8.00 for the win

Dave Schwartz
02-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Lambo, now that sounds like a past post to me.

Horseplayersbet.com
02-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Lambo, now that sounds like a past post to me.
Sounds more like a few big bets were canceled on track.

Stillriledup
02-11-2010, 09:57 PM

This happens in the Thoroughbreds too. There was a race recently at Golden Gate where Russel Baze was on a horse who was 8-5 heading into the gate, the camera showed a closeup of him loading and he was soaked, had a very noticible white foam dripping off his neck......the horse actually ended up racing well finishing 2nd, but he was 2-1 as the final price. Russel Baze NEVER goes from 8-5 to 2-1 in the very last cycle, so people are watching and cancelling.

Dave Schwartz
02-11-2010, 10:06 PM

Yes, that is actually what I meant.

Horseplayersbet.com
02-11-2010, 10:35 PM
Yes, that is actually what I meant.
Without knowing the race, it could also have been someone who bet the other contender large once he saw the fave break. It depends when the break occurred too.

lamboguy
02-11-2010, 10:45 PM
i know guys that play harness into the bigger pools, and they call the bets right before the actual race starts, they sit around and wait for big favorites to break before the start. many harness tracks do not have recalls. not only these guys can tell before the start which horses are going to leave. these guys are premier type harness players that i personally know beat the game with a big rebate. these guys pay the racetracks for the tellers that punch the tickets for them.

these guys do all their business before the bell.

OTM Al
02-12-2010, 03:49 PM
You want someone to blame, then maybe guys like this explain a lot

http://www.news.com.au/national/hes-a-billionaire-an-aussie-and-the-worlds-biggest-punter-exclusive-special-report/story-e6frfkvr-1225829896682

46zilzal
02-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Get someone to take you into the bowels and see for yourself how the money comes through decoders. It takes time like the ticker tape machines at the stock market.

keithw84
02-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Good point..do you think it will ever change?
No. That would only work if odds were created by bookmakers. In parimutuel betting, payouts are determined by the total amount in the pot split among the winners. If the payout odds were guaranteed, you would need to separate blocks of money somehow.

Moyers Pond
02-13-2010, 12:26 PM
They could solve this problem by closing betting 1 minute before post. For some reason though they don't want to fix this problem, which makes me wonder what is really going on.

Small tracks also have small pools so a large wager could knock the price down quite a bit, and often somebody that has "inside" information will wait until the last minute to put a large bet down.