PDA

View Full Version : Sam F. Davis (Tampa Saturday)

Robert Fischer
02-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Decent race. "Fun" race with some contenders that people like.

UPTOWNCHARLYBROWN comes in with a lot of fanfare. Race will be more interesting if he is very heavily backed here. I'm not that impressed although he is a decent animal. Needs to improve if he is going to win any decent route races in the stretch.

RULE is ok and he is fairly game so far. May get an advantage of setting the pace in what at least statistically this meet hasn't been a bad thing for this distance. Although he has won 3 in a row wire to wire, I like that he asserted that running style as he stretched out. At 7 Furlongs he ran a decent race just off the pace without quitting.

SCHOOLYARD DREAMS is a horse I am rooting for as a fan. You can kind of tell the trainer has this one just now peaking. He ran a decent race to deny African Moon of a dream trip. The blinkers should help him as he enters the stretch. This year's Musket Man? He will have to run a lifetime best here but I don't see it as impossible. Not a fan of Velasquez picking up the mount.

MIDDLE OF THE NITE ok horse, he has some tactical speed, probably needs a fluke to win but more interesting if he takes on Rule early.

Space Monkey
02-11-2010, 07:55 PM
I'll be there Saturday. I just downloaded the #'s. Haven't looked at a form yet. So if you believe in #'s,

Rule is a standout. Has the speed and the late pace to dominate this race.

Middle of the Nite and Uptowncharlybrown are close. I don't see either one of them beating Rule.

Schoolyard Dreams is the X factor. If he runs back, or improves off his maiden win hes a contender. Last race over this track was poor.

Silver Craft is an underneath (3-4) play if you're betting a super.

bisket
02-11-2010, 08:22 PM
i'll be betting to beat rule. i haven't looked at the pps yet, but its been my plan since watching the delta to bet against rule. charley will be one of my plays, but i'll have to see the pps. i just hope chuck switches leads out of the turn this time.

nijinski
02-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Rule and Middle Of The Nite.

Bobby Seller
02-12-2010, 11:05 AM
i'll be betting to beat rule. i haven't looked at the pps yet, but its been my plan since watching the delta to bet against rule. charley will be one of my plays, but i'll have to see the pps. i just hope chuck switches leads out of the turn this time.

anything in particular negative w/ Rule that caught your eye in the Delta Jackpot?

Uh Oh Bango certainly wasn't much worse, and for that matter Oak Motte wasn't either - he didn't exactly sit a garden trip

entering the stretch Velazquez even felt the need to stick lefty and veer out a little...

However, it was also harder for me to judge because I'm not familiar with that track. It's a 6 furlong track "Bullring!", and you've got jockey's in commanding position asking like crazy and whipping before and on the turn routinely, and add the sloppy sealed track to that :confused:

thanks

PhantomOnTour
02-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Uptowncharleybrown may just win the Sam Davis, but his major problem is that he doesnt have a Ky Derby winning name. Sound foolish and a lil too Zen for ya? I understand, but aint no horse named Uptown...brown winning the Kentucky Derby. There have been a few odd names win the Derby but by and large these silly names dont get it done. Sorry for the thread drift.

bisket
02-12-2010, 01:34 PM
anything in particular negative w/ Rule that caught your eye in the Delta Jackpot?

Uh Oh Bango certainly wasn't much worse, and for that matter Oak Motte wasn't either - he didn't exactly sit a garden trip

entering the stretch Velazquez even felt the need to stick lefty and veer out a little...

However, it was also harder for me to judge because I'm not familiar with that track. It's a 6 furlong track "Bullring!", and you've got jockey's in commanding position asking like crazy and whipping before and on the turn routinely, and add the sloppy sealed track to that :confused:

thanks
i have a low opinion when a race involves two on the front from start to finish on a sealed surface. it basically takes the pace aspect out of the race, and the times was slow even for a 6 fur track. the only time rule has beat the variant is his 1 mile race. which says to me he'll back up to much going past that distance.

GaryG
02-12-2010, 03:03 PM
I see Rule dusting them.

Cat Thief
02-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Well there was a Jones that won it and also a Brown so could be a Chuck Brown, someone likes these names

Space Monkey
02-12-2010, 07:59 PM
After going over the form, I think Schoolyard Dreams has a big chance to upset as the probable 4th choice. Ryan has added blinkers and SD has put up 3 excellent works since his last race. It appears that this horse is improving and the equipment change is a positive. SD's # 2 back is the best of Rule's challengers. I think Rule and Schoolyard will run 1,2.

bisket
02-12-2010, 08:05 PM
school yard and chuck exacta. :ThmbUp:

Pell Mell
02-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Ain't nobody beating Chucky tomorrow.

And here's a trivia for you.....The Devil says Chucky wins, at least that's what my wife says. Why?

I figured it out but only because my wife is into religion. ;)

Robert Fischer
02-13-2010, 06:56 PM
RULE continues his run...

nice effort by the less physically talented SCHOOLYARD dreams racing wide.

lamboguy
02-13-2010, 07:06 PM
the group that owned uptown charlie brown were offered $1.5million before the race and did not sell. that was their dream and they were having alot of fun. my friends cousin picked out the horse in TIMONIUM for $60k. i wish those people luck. i never have the chance for the big money, i always sell cheap and someone else makes the horse into something.

Pell Mell
02-13-2010, 08:42 PM
I may be wrong, and usually am, but it still looks like Chucky has trouble getting in gear. It also looks like he may want more distance.

Space Monkey
02-13-2010, 09:15 PM
In Chucky's first 2 races, which were sprints, he was only 1 and 3 1/2 lengths off the first call pace and less than 2 lengths at the second call. He can get going. What I believe is that Seeald wanted him to settle, rate, come off the pace and finish strong. He did that. He was going fastest of all at the end and galloped out the best. I loved his race. It was just what he needed. This sets him up perfectly. My daughter got to go back to the barn after his race and told me he was in great shape. He wasn't tired at all. Shes not a bettor, but she put $10 down on Charley at 50-1 in the Future pool. I'm not saying hes a favorite to win the Derby, but I think getting 50-1 on him is a good wager. Even though he ran 3rd, if I was making the future line, I would drop him down a little after todays race.

bisket
02-13-2010, 09:33 PM
he needs more distance, but he's still green. he's a big horse, and just isn't that smooth coming out of the turn. one of the tiring horses pushed him wide on the turn. although i think the jock should have gone inside those two horses on the turn, but that might not be possible because of how green the horse is. the lane was there. i still don't think he changed leads, but i really haven't watched the replay to look for that yet. to win the derby with the way he breaks; he's going to need to be capable of going between horses. he's not gonna be able to get away with that kinda stuff against graded competition. although he's 3 and they can make big improvements from one race to the next. one things for sure, the ability is there.