PDA

View Full Version : Ever since Scott Brown and his 41st vote came to be...

PaceAdvantage
02-11-2010, 11:06 AM
...the US dollar has been going UP, UP and UP....

Gee...the 41st vote will block that bloated, budget-busting, debt ballooning thing of a health care bill those foolish Dems want passed....

And ever since election night, when Scott Brown won in Mass., the dollar has been like a rocket to the moon....

Funny how that happens...

Thank you Massachusetts...you're not so silly after all...

lamboguy
02-11-2010, 01:05 PM

Gee...the 41st vote will block that bloated, budget-busting, debt ballooning thing of a health care bill those foolish Dems want passed....

And ever since election night, when Scott Brown won in Mass., the dollar has been like a rocket to the moon....

when bill clinton left office in 2000 the dollar was at 122. when bush left office the dollar was 76. today the dollar is 80.18.

the health care plan that obama was pushing was the exact same plan that romney a consevetive republican stuck mass. with. obama simply copied it from romney, i don't think this one got anything to do with republicans and democrats, it has to do with how much money they can lift out of your pockets before you revolt.

andymays
02-11-2010, 01:17 PM
when bill clinton left office in 2000 the dollar was at 122. when bush left office the dollar was 76. today the dollar is 80.18.

the health care plan that obama was pushing was the exact same plan that romney a consevetive republican stuck mass. with. obama simply copied it from romney, i don't think this one got anything to do with republicans and democrats, it has to do with how much money they can lift out of your pockets before you revolt.

When Bush left office the price of a gallon of gas was _____. :eek:

Since Obama got in office the price has gone up to _______ . :eek:

Obama must be helping his buddies in the oil business. :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good for the Scott Brown effect! :ThmbUp:

boxcar
02-11-2010, 01:43 PM

Romney a "conservative"!? Shirely U. Jest. A "Republican", yes. A RINO, emphatically yes. But a conservative? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boxcar

lamboguy
02-11-2010, 01:53 PM
When Bush left office the price of a gallon of gas was _____. :eek:

Since Obama got in office the price has gone up to _______ . :eek:

Obama must be helping his buddies in the oil business. :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good for the Scott Brown effect! :ThmbUp:
i didn't follow the price of gas at the end of the bush admininstration, but i remember paying $4.39 one day during his term, i just spent $2.53 today for the same regular gas.

i don't like any pollition, to me they are all the same republicans and the democrats. i said that wrong, i don't like the political parties and what they represent. i actully like a few guys like lieberman, michelle bachman, and ron paul sometimes.i really like mccaine and huckeby. pardon the spelling.

Robert Goren
02-11-2010, 02:58 PM

Thank you Massachusetts...you're not so silly after all...And the Dow has gone down like the Titanic. Just when what is left of my 401k was showing signs of life. Thank you Massachusetts. Actually anyone who follows this knows it all the weakness of the EURO and the PIIGS.

RaceBookJoe
02-11-2010, 02:59 PM
I actually believe that the rising $ and the drop in gold is a much more scary thing than most realize, for the long-term outlook...and i think it is China that is pulling all the strings right now.

Robert Goren
02-11-2010, 03:25 PM
The drop in the price of gold has been caused by the stoppage of India's buying of large amounts. When or If they start buying again the price will go back. They seem not to want pay more than 1100 right now. I can not out guess my government going to do let a lone that of a emerging nation like India.

cj's dad
02-11-2010, 03:28 PM
Romney a "conservative"!? Shirely U. Jest. A "Republican", yes. A RINO, emphatically yes. But a conservative? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boxcar

I'm afraid that we will disconer that Scott brown is also a RINO !!

And please stop calling me Shirley. Sorry, had to get that in somehow !!

Robert Goren
02-11-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm afraid that we will disconer that Scott brown is also a RINO !!

And please stop calling me Shirley. Sorry, had to get that in somehow !!Scott Brown never was a a Conservative and never claimed to be one. He is Giuliani republican. It was wishful thinking on the part of the tea party folks that he was one of them even though he stated over and over again he wasn't a tea partier.

lamboguy
02-11-2010, 03:57 PM
where did you guys get the price of gold going down. gold is going to $1650 an ounce,more than likely by the end of the year. and the dollar is on its way to hell. scott brown or no scott brown.

Robert Goren
02-11-2010, 04:10 PM
where did you guys get the price of gold going down. gold is going to $1650 an ounce,more than likely by the end of the year. and the dollar is on its way to hell. scott brown or no scott brown.Gold may or not go to $1650 and the dollar may or may not be on its way to hell, But the two are not really connected all that much. If you want to bet against the dollar, there are a lot better ways to do so.

lamboguy
02-11-2010, 04:22 PM
Gold may or not go to $1650 and the dollar may or may not be on its way to hell, But the two are not really connected all that much. If you want to bet against the dollar, there are a lot better ways to do so.
i bet on gold, and i am not a johnnie come lately to the party

Robert Goren
02-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Good for you. If you got in about 5 years ago, you have made a lot of money.

lamboguy
02-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Good for you. If you got in about 5 years ago, you have made a lot of money.i have been in and out of it since gold has been $248 the ounce. all i have done is build up a larger position in the metal.the thing about fiat currencies is that there will be a constant battle with gold. fiat currency is just another form of govenments trying to fool and control you. gold is a true form of wealth in this world. it has been for the past 5000 years and i suspect it will be for the next 5000 years.

don't let democrats and republicans fool you, they are both the same when it comes down to it, they just have a different way of getting to the same place.

Jake
02-11-2010, 06:04 PM

Mike,

Do you think it might have some to do with flows relative to the Euro, given the Greece/Spain debt load issues? As much as you enjoy making political analogies, do you really believe this is even remotely true? Serious question here, not giving you a hard time....

Jake

bigmack
02-11-2010, 06:14 PM
It was wishful thinking on the part of the tea party folks that he was one of them even though he stated over and over again he wasn't a tea partier.
You're funny. It was MSNBC that non-stop aligned him with the TP.

Take your fearless leader - Please

5h-gMOWbpdM

BenDiesel26
02-11-2010, 06:17 PM
And the Dow has gone down like the Titanic. Just when what is left of my 401k was showing signs of life. Thank you Massachusetts. Actually anyone who follows this knows it all the weakness of the EURO and the PIIGS.

Wouldn't this have something to do with the dollar going up? You can always change to Zimbabwe currency if you're worried about the number.

lamboguy
02-11-2010, 09:12 PM
today was the first time the federal reserve had a problem selling their 30 year bonds. there is CERTAINLY some problems in the horizen for any paper currency in this world.

Valuist
02-11-2010, 11:14 PM
I would have to think the strength of the dollar is due to the problems in Europe with Greece, Portugal and others. If the Germans are going to bail out Greece, who will be next? The Euro is in trouble and the dollar is benefitting.

RaceBookJoe
02-12-2010, 10:07 AM
where did you guys get the price of gold going down. gold is going to $1650 an ounce,more than likely by the end of the year. and the dollar is on its way to hell. scott brown or no scott brown.

I meant gold going down more in the current " pullback in a longer term uptrend". I agree with you that gold will be going up..maybe $1650 +...and i also agree that the dollar is going to drop. But here is my thinking, and i touched on it in post #7....i realy feel that somehow China is running the show. They have massive amounts of paper that i believe they want to replace with gold. The best way to do that is to use a strong dollar to buy a lower-priced gold. With almost $3T, China is most likely wanting to get rid of it before it drops like you say, and again i agree with you.
Maybe a "China-watch" thread should be started. I think it is going to be the biggest profit opportunity we will ever see, with obviously gold and energy/oil. Just a heads-up on china, for those who dont follow it...they have 97 airports planned with a dozen or so as large as LAX, and they are building thousands of miles of highway...so their infrastructure is an area that neeeds to be studied to find the right areas of investment. Lots more to say but will stop there for now. Thanks for your insights on gold/dollar. rbj

lamboguy
02-12-2010, 11:08 AM
I meant gold going down more in the current " pullback in a longer term uptrend". I agree with you that gold will be going up..maybe $1650 +...and i also agree that the dollar is going to drop. But here is my thinking, and i touched on it in post #7....i realy feel that somehow China is running the show. They have massive amounts of paper that i believe they want to replace with gold. The best way to do that is to use a strong dollar to buy a lower-priced gold. With almost $3T, China is most likely wanting to get rid of it before it drops like you say, and again i agree with you.
Maybe a "China-watch" thread should be started. I think it is going to be the biggest profit opportunity we will ever see, with obviously gold and energy/oil. Just a heads-up on china, for those who dont follow it...they have 97 airports planned with a dozen or so as large as LAX, and they are building thousands of miles of highway...so their infrastructure is an area that neeeds to be studied to find the right areas of investment. Lots more to say but will stop there for now. Thanks for your insights on gold/dollar. rbjno question alot of the things you say are very correct. they have over a billion people that live there and they also manufacture things unlike the usa. they are in the growing stage right now. even though during the clinton era the dollar did strengthen, he also gave away the farm with allowing the republicans to push through NAFTA. then bush came around and gave the corporations the green light and destroyed the dollar in the process. that being said, the one thing china can't do is feed their population with the food they have there. that is what has been holding them back from becoming the worlds largest and strongest power of all time. eventually they will get that part right too, they always do.

RaceBookJoe
02-12-2010, 11:35 AM
no question alot of the things you say are very correct. they have over a billion people that live there and they also manufacture things unlike the usa. they are in the growing stage right now. even though during the clinton era the dollar did strengthen, he also gave away the farm with allowing the republicans to push through NAFTA. then bush came around and gave the corporations the green light and destroyed the dollar in the process. that being said, the one thing china can't do is feed their population with the food they have there. that is what has been holding them back from becoming the worlds largest and strongest power of all time. eventually they will get that part right too, they always do.

Correct again !! You are right, China WILL figure out how to feed its people, until then they are goign to keep buying up as much gold and oil/oil sector investments. I will not bet against them...but i WILL play "follow the leader". I am not sure if you read the Form 13F of the China Investment Corp ( CIC )....but they are pouring massive amounts of money into certain companies ( just under $10B total in 2009 ). Again, i like the saying.." if you are looking for elephants, follow the elephant tracks ".

Robert Goren
02-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Take your fearless leader - Please

Since you asked nicely, here he is.

http://www.ss-peterandpaul.net/images/Fearless_Leader_300.gif

Robert Goren
02-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Correct again !! You are right, China WILL figure out how to feed its people, until then they are goign to keep buying up as much gold and oil/oil sector investments. I will not bet against them...but i WILL play "follow the leader". I am not sure if you read the Form 13F of the China Investment Corp ( CIC )....but they are pouring massive amounts of money into certain companies ( just under $10B total in 2009 ). Again, i like the saying.." if you are looking for elephants, follow the elephant tracks ". China is not buying up large amounts of gold.

jonnielu
02-12-2010, 11:54 AM
i have been in and out of it since gold has been $248 the ounce. all i have done is build up a larger position in the metal.the thing about fiat currencies is that there will be a constant battle with gold. fiat currency is just another form of govenments trying to fool and control you. gold is a true form of wealth in this world. it has been for the past 5000 years and i suspect it will be for the next 5000 years.

don't let democrats and republicans fool you, they are both the same when it comes down to it, they just have a different way of getting to the same place.

They both work for the fed in looting America with the biggest swindle known to mankind.

jdl

lamboguy
02-12-2010, 12:49 PM
China is not buying up large amounts of gold.
they aren't going to be buying large amounts, just massive amounts, they have to they are already undersized by about 13% of what they are supposed to have by IMF agreement. india beat them to gate at the last run

Greyfox
02-12-2010, 12:58 PM
Ever since the dollar started going UP, UP, UP, the snow has been falling DOWN, DOWN, DOWN.

RaceBookJoe
02-12-2010, 03:39 PM
China is not buying up large amounts of gold.

They will be, and also iron ore and steel for all of the planned infrastructure they will be doing....plans to spend $400B by years end. China wants to be top dog, but the only way is to get out from under a mountain of paper dollars and build up a bigger stash of gold than they have. Then they jut have to figure out a way to feed everyone....again, i wouldnt bet against them. They have a growing service sector...creating over 7M jobs in 2009, a little bit different than over here. And forget the almost $3T in cash they saved up for a rainy day. :)
rbj

ranchwest
02-12-2010, 05:12 PM
Ever since the dollar started going UP, UP, UP, the snow has been falling DOWN, DOWN, DOWN.

Love it.

46zilzal
02-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Haven't you noticed, it is the dead of Winter? Earth tilts UPWARD so that the SOUTHERN hemisphere gets the majority of the sunshine?

Tom
02-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Global cooling.

bigmack
02-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Global cooling.
The perfect solution to address the WarmMongers. Start a movement, backed by scientists naturally, proving a Global Cooling scenario.

How tough can it be? These dolts rolled hockey sticks outta tree rings.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/smile.gif

BillW
02-12-2010, 08:21 PM
The perfect solution to address the WarmMongers. Start a movement, backed by scientists naturally, proving a Global Cooling scenario.

How tough can it be? These dolts rolled hockey sticks outta tree rings.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/smile.gif

Too late Mack ... http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,944914,00.html

Greyfox
02-12-2010, 08:26 PM
Haven't you noticed, it is the dead of Winter? Earth tilts UPWARD so that the SOUTHERN hemisphere gets the majority of the sunshine?

Dang. I'd a never thunk o' that one. Good on you. I thought the earth was flat.
But you say that the EARTH tilts UPWARD.
What if I told you that the EARTH always has the same tilt. So if you think it's tilting upward, your implying that sometimes it tilts downward.
The tilt never changes. With the tilt always the same, it is either towards or away from the sun.
It never tilts upward or downward.

Of course my point was about correlation and causality, not necessarily about snow coming down, while the dollar is rising. Dang. Next I suppose that you'll tell me that the earth goes around the sun.

boxcar
02-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Too late Mack ... http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,944914,00.html

This is exactly what Hannity was saying today on his show. Temp cools down? It's due to global warming. Temp heats up? It's due to global warming. Floods occur? It's due to global warming. Droughts occur? It's due to global warming. Volcanoes happen? It's due to global warming. Earthquakes rock cities? It's due to global warming (bad pun intended, btw). In short...any crisis or disaster that might occur anywhere on the earth will be blamed on man-made global warming --- a/k/a "climate change". How convenient. "Science" has all its bases covered. :rolleyes:

And then those of us that mock and ridicule this kind of duplicity wind up being ridiculed. I guess we're not supposed to see through this tax scam. Unbelievable! :bang: :bang:

Boxcar

bigmack
02-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Too late Mack ...
Dynamite!

I'm gonna laminate that article, get a clipboard and stand outside Whole Foods and get signatures. I might even work in a specialty item with Stop Global Cooling printed on it. Hey, look at the loot it brought Gore. :rolleyes:

och8QvELxA8

boxcar
02-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Dang. I'd a never thunk o' that one. Good on you. I thought the earth was flat.
But you say that the EARTH tilts UPWARD.
What if I told you that the EARTH always has the same tilt. So if you think it's tilting upward, your implying that sometimes it tilts downward.
The tilt never changes. With the tilt always the same, it is either towards or away from the sun.
It never tilts upward or downward.

Of course my point was about correlation and causality, not necessarily about snow coming down, while the dollar is rising. Dang. Next I suppose that you'll tell me that the earth goes around the sun.

Now you have gone and ruined his day! :lol:

Boxcar

Greyfox
02-12-2010, 08:40 PM
Now you have gone and ruined his day! :lol:

Boxcar

Well...I wasn't going to respond to the Zil's comment, except I didn't want all of these natural disasters and whatever tied to Scott Brown's election. But come to think of it....hmm???

GaryG
02-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Maybe a folk song, on the lines of John Henry. That Scott Brown he's a mighty man mmm hmmmm. He cooled off the global warming, torpedoed the health care caper and helps little old ladies across the street. He drives a pickemup truck mmm hmmmm!

boxcar
02-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Maybe a folk song, on the lines of John Henry. That Scott Brown he's a mighty man mmm hmmmm. He cooled off the global warming, torpedoed the health care caper and helps little old ladies across the street. He drives a pickemup truck mmm hmmmm!

You might have missed your calling in life. :D

Boxcar

Tom
02-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Maybe a folk song, on the lines of John Henry. That Scott Brown he's a mighty man mmm hmmmm. He cooled off the global warming, torpedoed the health care caper and helps little old ladies across the street. He drives a pickemup truck mmm hmmmm!\

Not only that, since he was elected...I...I...I can WALK!

Greyfox
02-12-2010, 10:44 PM
:lol: :lol:
I wonder if Dr. Stranzilove will point out that spinal cord injuries of that type
only improve with a correlation of diminished swelling.

PaceAdvantage
02-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Mike,

Do you think it might have some to do with flows relative to the Euro, given the Greece/Spain debt load issues? As much as you enjoy making political analogies, do you really believe this is even remotely true? Serious question here, not giving you a hard time....

JakeI didn't say it was the only thing...but it was certainly a nice little catalyst.

Look at a chart of the US DOllar Index and you will see a significant GAP on the 5 minute chart between 8:15pm and 8:20pm eastern time on January 19 (when did the polls close in Mass?). This gap has yet to be closed...the dollar has run away ever since...

Brown's victory certainly isn't the only cause...I never claimed it was...but it was the spark that ignited this most recent leg up from 77 to 80.5....

PaceAdvantage
02-12-2010, 11:28 PM
Perhaps a chart will illustrate my point:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/images/DXH10.jpg

ArlJim78
02-12-2010, 11:37 PM
hard to argue with that.
gee, what was it that might have caused a spike after 8 pm on election night? hmm. I wonder.:lol:

newtothegame
02-12-2010, 11:50 PM
hard to argue with that.
gee, what was it that might have caused a spike after 8 pm on election night? hmm. I wonder.:lol:

OMG...global warming??? lmao

By the way pace...you keep putting up nice colored graphs and charts, I am gonna think you and HCap are releated somehow lol..jk :)

Greyfox
02-12-2010, 11:57 PM
Brown's victory certainly isn't the only cause...I never claimed it was..

In fact you never claimed Brown's victory was a cause at all. You simply pointed out... Dollar UP...after Brown won. Interesting.

(In the meanwhile Zilly is pointing out that the sun is brightening the Southern Hemisphere. We learn something every day from him. That is a relationship between causality and our Winter.)

Jake
02-13-2010, 02:42 AM
Mike,

I actually thought you were being tongue in cheek here. I should have known better. Great call. Hard to argue with that kind of stone cold logic. Enjoy the ride.

Jake