PDA

View Full Version : KY Derby Fantasy

Pell Mell
02-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Just happened to take a look at the Derby Fantasy game and was looking at the jocks listed.
They have jocks listed that would probably never get a ride in the derby and some who probably don't even have a nominated horse to ride.

However, they don't have D. Centeno listed at all. Just suppose he was to go all the way with Uptowncharlybrown, nobody would have the winning jock.

He's usually the leading rider at TAM and did very well in NJ. Is it just an oversight? :confused:

Force of One
02-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Good point....if I'm not mistaken though, the real contenders first Sat. in May are usually not listed to be drafted the first go around (Big Brown comes to mind?) Of course it could just be me in that it's just my stable that is so far off the Derby Trail :p

I agree with you, I think Uptowncharly could make some noise along the trail, and certainly be a solid horse for that contest, get some points along the way.

Did they do away with the $10/cash prize stable? I didn't see it as I browsed the site.

bisket
02-10-2010, 09:04 PM
any horse or jock from tampa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FPv2toi5og

sandpit
02-10-2010, 10:08 PM
Good point....if I'm not mistaken though, the real contenders first Sat. in May are usually not listed to be drafted the first go around (Big Brown comes to mind?) Of course it could just be me in that it's just my stable that is so far off the Derby Trail :p

I agree with you, I think Uptowncharly could make some noise along the trail, and certainly be a solid horse for that contest, get some points along the way.

Did they do away with the $10/cash prize stable? I didn't see it as I browsed the site.

The person that ran the pay to play part of the game no longer works for CD. Perhaps they couldn't find anyone to do the job.

I did notice that they added a new feature that will really increase overall scoring. Instead of having just 5 active horses per weekend, your entire stable is eligible to earn points each week. In addition, you can designate five "power horses" that are eligible for double points. At least that will ease the frustration of having a horse "on the bench" when he wins a race.