PDA

View Full Version : Independents have lost hope.

ArlJim78
02-08-2010, 04:03 PM
Obamas job approval continues to spiral down, dropping like a stone, with independents leaving in droves. Very soon he'll have only the rapid progressive kooks and the ever loyal government/union worker base.
Once again, this too must be Bush's fault. Or maybe because Obama has not been able to get his message out.:rolleyes:
__________________________________________________ ______

Obama Job-Performance Rating Drops Among Independents (Update1) (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a6580.gnX.1c)
By Chris Dolmetsch
Feb. 8 (Bloomberg) -- More than half of U.S. voters who describe themselves as independents disapprove of President Barack Obama’s (http://search.bloomberg.com/search?q=Barack+Obama%3Fs&site=wnews&client=wnews&proxystylesheet=wnews&output=xml_no_dtd&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&filter=p&getfields=wnnis&sort=date:D:S:d1) job performance for the first time since he took office in January 2009, according to a poll released today.

The Marist Poll found that 57 percent of independent voters have a negative view of Obama’s job performance, up from 44 percent in a Dec. 8 survey (http://maristpoll.marist.edu/128-obamas-hope-to-unite-falls-short/). Twenty-nine percent of independents approve, down from 41 percent, and 14 percent said they were unsure.

boxcar
02-08-2010, 04:51 PM
It'll be interesting to see the outcome of the special election to replace Murtha.
If a conservative wins that, I can't even begin to imagine the spin that would come out of the MM, not to mention from Mosty's and NJ's pen. (KO might even go into cardiac arrest. :rolleyes: )

Boxcar

GaryG
02-08-2010, 05:12 PM
It'll be interesting to see the outcome of the special election to replace Murtha.
If a conservative wins that, I can't even begin to imagine the spin that would come out of the MM, not to mention from Mosty's and NJ's pen. (KO might even go into cardiac arrest. :rolleyes: )

BoxcarThe dem candidate will probably tell Pres Obie the corpse-man to stay home.

boxcar
02-08-2010, 06:12 PM
The dem candidate will probably tell Pres Obie the corpse-man to stay home.

:lol: :lol: :lol: This is true. He's surely the kiss of the death. Also, look what happened yesterday after he picked the Colts to win. :lol:

Boxcar

Robert Goren
02-08-2010, 06:36 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: This is true. He's surely the kiss of the death. Also, look what happened yesterday after he picked the Colts to win. :lol:

Boxcar Like a true politician, he said he was rooting for the Saints, but picking the Colts.:lol:

boxcar
02-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Like a true politician, he said he was rooting for the Saints, but picking the Colts.:lol:

Now, that's funny! Libs always want it both ways. I think it's called CYA :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

ElKabong
02-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Obamas job approval continues to spiral down, dropping like a stone, with independents leaving in droves. Very soon he'll have only the rapid progressive kooks and the ever loyal government/union worker base.
Once again, this too must be Bush's fault. Or maybe because Obama has not been able to get his message out.:rolleyes:
__________________________________________________ ______

Obama Job-Performance Rating Drops Among Independents (Update1) (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a6580.gnX.1c)
By Chris Dolmetsch
Feb. 8 (Bloomberg) -- More than half of U.S. voters who describe themselves as independents disapprove of President Barack Obama’s (http://search.bloomberg.com/search?q=Barack+Obama%3Fs&site=wnews&client=wnews&proxystylesheet=wnews&output=xml_no_dtd&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&filter=p&getfields=wnnis&sort=date:D:S:d1) job performance for the first time since he took office in January 2009, according to a poll released today.

The Marist Poll found that 57 percent of independent voters have a negative view of Obama’s job performance, up from 44 percent in a Dec. 8 survey (http://maristpoll.marist.edu/128-obamas-hope-to-unite-falls-short/). Twenty-nine percent of independents approve, down from 41 percent, and 14 percent said they were unsure.

29% of Independants "approve" of Assclown? He's toast then. 57% are off the wagon & the #s won't be going back.

I'm just hoping there's not a 3rd candidate running in 2012. That's his only hope, something that put Clinton & Bush in. W/o the 3rd runner, neither would have won (but I think both w/h won in the following elections).

GaryG
02-08-2010, 08:11 PM
I hope Rep. Murtha rests in peace. I am also anxiously waiting to see who will be running to fill his seat. You know how it is when you get a taste of blood....you wand MORE! Progressive commie blood!

price
02-08-2010, 08:42 PM
I don't have any hope of either party doing a thing for the middle class. Welfare types and affirmative action fans have the dims and the wealthy/big business folks have the rips. What does the middle class have? Nothing. Neither party represents me and it makes me sick to see middle class people supporting either of the 2 major parties. They use us as a pawn and a punchline during campaign season and then go to work with the influence peddlers in DC to screw us.

Tom
02-08-2010, 10:27 PM
What would qualify someone to fill Murtha's seat?

Hmmmm.

Not calling our brave troops murderers with out evidence would be nice.

After that, not much.

Robert Goren
02-09-2010, 12:01 AM
What would qualify someone to fill Murtha's seat?

Hmmmm.

Not calling our brave troops murderers with out evidence would be nice.

After that, not much. Maybe actually having been one of those brave troops like Murtha. But then some republican who never served a day would question his patriotism. I sure there enough fools out there who believe words speak louder than actions and vote the that low life republican in.

ElKabong
02-09-2010, 01:04 AM
As a Veteran, I questioned not only his lack of patriotism, but his judgement. You don't treat people that risk their lives on a day to day basis for us all like he did. It shows how out of touch he was.

When we send troops overseas and they're risking life and limb, they deserve our full, 100% support. Turning a situation for these brave men and women into a political football was wrong. If deep down he didn't feel like an ingrate, then he was completely out of touch.

I'll give Murtha the benefit of the doubt and say deep down he felt like a traitor for his comments. "I took one for the team, pelosi".

Other than that? RIP.

pandy
02-09-2010, 07:11 AM
I don't have any hope of either party doing a thing for the middle class. Welfare types and affirmative action fans have the dims and the wealthy/big business folks have the rips. What does the middle class have? Nothing. Neither party represents me and it makes me sick to see middle class people supporting either of the 2 major parties. They use us as a pawn and a punchline during campaign season and then go to work with the influence peddlers in DC to screw us.

Unfortunately, you're right.

lsbets
02-09-2010, 07:45 AM
Maybe actually having been one of those brave troops like Murtha. But then some republican who never served a day would question his patriotism. I sure there enough fools out there who believe words speak louder than actions and vote the that low life republican in.

Here are the words of someone who served. Murtha was once an honorable man. He was corrupted by power and became a filthy, disgusting shell of his former self. Losing him in the House is a gain for our nation. His comments about our troops while I was serving overseas in combat rated him as a class a douchebag. But, he got an airport named after him, and lots of graft money for his brother, so to him I guess it was worth it. Sorry, I am not going to lionize a man who epitomizes what is wrong with our political class just because he once served his country with honor.

JustRalph
02-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Here are the words of someone who served. Murtha was once an honorable man. He was corrupted by power and became a filthy, disgusting shell of his former self. Losing him in the House is a gain for our nation. His comments about our troops while I was serving overseas in combat rated him as a class a douchebag. But, he got an airport named after him, and lots of graft money for his brother, so to him I guess it was worth it. Sorry, I am not going to lionize a man who epitomizes what is wrong with our political class just because he once served his country with honor.

sounds right to me...........good post....... :ThmbUp:

Robert Goren
02-09-2010, 08:40 AM
It is so strange that ever did I hear one of you say anything about the low life Cheney. He not only did not serve a day, but he as defense secretary for Bush 41 called the veterans of the first Iraqi war with gulf war syndrome fakers. :bang:

dartman51
02-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Maybe actually having been one of those brave troops like Murtha. But then some republican who never served a day would question his patriotism. I sure there enough fools out there who believe words speak louder than actions and vote the that low life republican in.

There absolutely are. How do you think Obama got elected?? Certainly not by any actions. You preferred to overlook any ACTIONS, and believe his WORDS. :confused:

GaryG
02-09-2010, 09:25 AM
There absolutely are. How do you think Obama got elected?? Certainly not by any actions. You preferred to overlook any ACTIONS, and believe his WORDS. :confused:It is like a house built on sand, it will only last for a season. That season is about over and only his hard core left wing constituency is still with him. Not all of the Americans that voted for, as we say, a pig in a poke. The Cubans thought Batista was bad....hello Fidel.

ElKabong
02-09-2010, 08:21 PM
on the way home i heard that a recent poll found that 75% of Americans said they were "angry" at DC politicians. Sounds about right. When one party controls both houses of congress and the WH they never listen to anyone outside their inner circle & ignore the masses (thus tea party gatherings and town hall chaos).

Independant voters are going to turnover the power in DC once again. Hopefully we'll get better leadership in soon

NJ Stinks
02-09-2010, 10:24 PM
It is so strange that ever did I hear one of you say anything about the low life Cheney. He not only did not serve a day, but he as defense secretary for Bush 41 called the veterans of the first Iraqi war with gulf war syndrome fakers. :bang:

Hopefully, Isbets will take a shot at this one. But I'm not holding my breathe.

Rookies
02-09-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm still waiting for those THREE things the right disagreed with Bush about.

And especially, anywhere from 2001-2008.

I was told there were many... :lol: :rolleyes:

ElKabong
02-10-2010, 01:07 AM

Perfectly said

plainolebill
02-10-2010, 01:13 AM

+1

PaceAdvantage
02-10-2010, 02:49 AM
It is so strange that ever did I hear one of you say anything about the low life Cheney. He not only did not serve a day, but he as defense secretary for Bush 41 called the veterans of the first Iraqi war with gulf war syndrome fakers. :bang: Man, that was a reach....

lsbets
02-10-2010, 06:22 AM
Hopefully, Isbets will take a shot at this one. But I'm not holding my breathe.

Take a shot at what? His deflection away from the matter being discussed. It just proves once again that the left is unable to defend itself and has to deflect. If he had addressed anything that I said, I would respond, but I don't have time for nonsense.

Tom
02-10-2010, 08:56 AM
I'm still waiting for those THREE things the right disagreed with Bush about.

And especially, anywhere from 2001-2008.

I was told there were many... :lol: :rolleyes:

Your SEARCH button broken?
If you can't keep up, keep quiet. :lol: