PDA

View Full Version : Who went Tea partying?

hcap
02-07-2010, 06:49 PM
I guess the PA off topic crowd did not attend.
I know because only 600 loyal Tea-ists showed along with 200 reporters.
That is 1 journalist for every 3 party goers. Not exactly a "movement" yet is it?

Maybe we can call it a loose movement?

If the PA entourage made it, there would have been over double that amount.
$500-600 bucks a pop sure thinned out the enthusiasm didn't it?
Is this another issue that will not die?
You guys need an energizer bunny.

The convention had gathered here to try to turn the activism of the Tea Party rallies over the last year into actual political power. Her speech was the keynote event of the convention, and the big draw for many of the 600 people who had paid $549 to attend -- another 500, organizers said, paid $349 just to see for her speech alone.-NYT

ElKabong
02-07-2010, 06:51 PM
Loose movement indeed. They shit all over Teddy Kennedy's would-be replacement.

Clean up on Aisle 60...

ArlJim78
02-07-2010, 07:00 PM
this was one faction of the movement deciding to hold a convention.
it was for leaders and coordinators to learn how to be more effective for the election this year. it wasn't a protest and i don't think they were expecting thousands of people to show up.

where were the 200 reporters last year when over 500,000 marched on Washington?

hcap
02-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Loose movement indeed. They shit all over Teddy Kennedy's would-be replacement.

Yeah, all 600 of em. I would have thought given all the publicity you guys could have mustered a better showing.
Also considering all the noise all the tea partying folks here have been making, more like many many thousands.

Hey box, maybe it was only the appearance of a few hundred?
Instead there were really millions? :cool:

boxcar
02-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Hey box, maybe it was only the appearance of a few hundred?
Instead there were really millions? :cool:

If libs were doing the counting, that might well be. You guys are infamous for making up stuff on the fly...

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
02-07-2010, 08:08 PM
I miss the point.

It seems to me that "The Tea Party Movement" isn't a club or a clique that people get a membership card to be a part of, but rather for most people, a way to describe the sense of frustration and outrage at the current political climate.

To be honest, I think that the more this group attempts to become a legitimate, well-defined faction, the more likely that it will splinter away into non-existence and irrelevance.

People wanted to demonstrate outrage with the current system and came together, that outrage as their most common bond. As it becomes more defined with exact goals and ideals and principals, it seems more likely to lose traction as the common bond of mere outrage becomes a less central theme.

Add in the desire to appoint Sarah Palin as the 'face' of the party and a sense that the group is seemingly headed towards integration with the GOP and a lot of folks, people like me that would otherwise welcome the notion of an alternative, I think the group is on the fast track to alienating the pulse of what spawned it.

jballscalls
02-07-2010, 08:36 PM
My buddy up in Washington joined an actual group called the Teabaggers and they get hats that say teabagger and have meetings and talk about how Obama is keeping them down.

It's good to see the downtrodden trying to work their way up!

in all seriousness, i think the tea parties have been a good thing. They have all gathered peacefully, there hasn't been violence, just the people speaking up for what they believe in, and that sounds pretty darn American to me!

Tom
02-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Most tea partiers were still tired from trouncing the MASS-ASS democrat! :lol:

hcap....keep talking - you make yourself look stupid. We like that.
You have no clue what the Tea Party people think and believe. Even with all the clue we have given you the past few elections. Grab your butt boy, it is going to get blistered come November.

Robert Goren
02-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Most tea party people could smell this money grubbing attempt to rip off of their movement a mile away.

dartman51
02-07-2010, 10:39 PM
My buddy up in Washington joined an actual group called the Teabaggers and they get hats that say teabagger and have meetings and talk about how Obama is keeping them down.

It's good to see the downtrodden trying to work their way up!

in all seriousness, i think the tea parties have been a good thing. They have all gathered peacefully, there hasn't been violence, just the people speaking up for what they believe in, and that sounds pretty darn American to me!

To me, being called a teabagger, would be offensive. I can't imagine anyone wearing a shirt or a hat, claiming to be one. :mad:

jonnielu
02-07-2010, 10:40 PM
I guess the PA off topic crowd did not attend.
I know because only 600 loyal Tea-ists showed along with 200 reporters.
That is 1 journalist for every 3 party goers. Not exactly a "movement" yet is it?

Maybe we can call it a loose movement?

If the PA entourage made it, there would have been over double that amount.
$500-600 bucks a pop sure thinned out the enthusiasm didn't it?
Is this another issue that will not die?
You guys need an energizer bunny.

I'm disappointed too. After attending a few tea parties last spring, I was thinking that maybe America was finally getting pissed off enough to actually do something about the Oligarchy that has been built in D.C. since 1913.

But, apparently many Americans think that they have something yet to lose and don't want to risk their place at the federal trough by rocking the boat. I find hope in the silliest thing that the teaparty movement engages in. Asking the federal jurisdiction to give them their Republic back.

Maybe if they will hang in with that nonsense long enough to notice that there is no one to ask, people will finally be ready to do something along the line of re-establishing the Republic. It has happened before, it could happen again. If it does, the Oligarchy could fall overnight, because the truth is that the Republic is in the same place as it always has been. And, it never was a house of cards in the first place.

jdl

rastajenk
02-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Most tea party people could smell this money grubbing attempt to rip off of their movement a mile away.How many tea party people did you canvass to come up with that assessment?

jballscalls
02-07-2010, 11:58 PM
To me, being called a teabagger, would be offensive. I can't imagine anyone wearing a shirt or a hat, claiming to be one. :mad:

Well i think it is them embracing the 'derogatory' term that the left has given them. I mean if you go to a liberal website they only say Teabagger to put down the tea partiers.

So i think the reason they are calling themselves teabaggers is their way of saying FU to the left.

kind of like how the right would always say Barack HUSSEIN Obama and it would annoy the left. where if they would have just embraced it, it would never have been a big deal

prospector
02-08-2010, 12:00 AM
i watched most of it on cspan saturday...
i searched tea party arizona and found a good club to join...i like that on their (now our) page they have a "wanted out in 2010" section with pictures and details for arizona congressmen..
hcap, i sure hope you keep thinking we're the uninformed, unwashed rednecks...tell your friends we're harmless..:)
i know i'm only a disabled vet with a degree in finance...but, i like larry the cable guy...that counts, right?
oh yea,
Only 268 days until the 2010 elections to the United States Senate!
see, i'm informed about one thing..and, i know where to vote..

bigmack
02-08-2010, 01:25 AM
hcap gets upset about anti-Obama sentiment but he can't get enough of trying to marginalize others.

He knows, & I know, & American people know that was a Tea Pary pow wow. Not the pow wow. How would you expect a grass roots movement to look on a local/regional level? Green is right.

How did the Lame Stream Media cover this regional jamboree?

- The media reported that a group of a National Tea Party Convention counter-protesters were going to flock to the Opryland Hotel for a showdown.
But only 4 people showed up.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/2_7_10_22_13_33.png

- Rachel Maddow on Friday referred to attendees of the National Tea Party convention in Nashville, Tennessee, as white-hooded racists.

Meanwhile, it's more than entertaining to see Leftoids trying to get a handle on this little 'movement'. I haven't the slightest clue what might take shape but to see the LuLuLeftions specoolate on who's in charge and what is the agenda is hilarious.

Couldn't be happier hcap has taken the bait. Now just a matter of how deep he took it and if the treble hook might have to be jerked out leaving his insides alfresco.

PaceAdvantage
02-08-2010, 02:01 AM
600 PAYING attendees, or delegates. Hcap fails to mention this while attempting to denegrate this convention (as are all the other left-wing bloggers out there).

Here is a news clipping:

Doris Gentry arrived in Nashville on Wednesday with little more than a pair of crossed fingers. She had flown in from Napa, Calif., to attend the National Tea Party Convention but did not have one of the 600 tickets for the sold-out event.Try again Hcap...try again...

PaceAdvantage
02-08-2010, 02:06 AM
I love how the media portrays this:The "delegates" here are overwhelmingly white, generally on the high side of middle-age and universally, and very deeply, fearful that their freedoms are threatened, that their grandchildren will be saddled with an incalculable debt and that their nation's best days are behind it. The mass media are nothing but a bunch of scumbag racists.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Politics/tea-party-convenes-nashville-speakers-assail-president-obama/story?id=9754751

THE UNITED STATES IS 75% (OVERWHELMINGLY) WHITE YOU RACIST BASTARDS.

Greyfox
02-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Tea Partiers fear that grand-children will be saddled with incalculable debt seems pretty realistic to me.

Check out this site http://www.pagetutor.com/trillion/index.html

to visualize what a trillion dollars looks like. Then multiply it because that is what Obama is doing.

boxcar
02-08-2010, 12:03 PM
I love how the media portrays this:The mass media are nothing but a bunch of scumbag racists.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Politics/tea-party-convenes-nashville-speakers-assail-president-obama/story?id=9754751

Let's turn this around a little, shall we? Suppose some conservative talk show host or Fox News (God forbid :rolleyes: ) reported that this nation's prisons are "overwhelmingly" populated by blacks and Hispanics, for example, the outcry that would go up from the libs would be heard around the entire world. Who ever made the remarks would be unmercifully lambasted for being racists for making those kinds of observations publicly.

These liberals are so thoroughly self-deceived they really believe they are not the racists in this country.

Boxcar

lsbets
02-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Just read this, seems to fit Hcap:

My point here is not to champion Republicans. It is not to champion democracy. My point is that the ones throwing the temper tantrum right now are the Progressives. They think that the 2008 election gave them the right to operate like China's autocracy, and they are lashing out hysterically at those they perceive as preventing them from doing so On the one hand, the villains are a small minority in the Senate. Or maybe the villains are the incoherent majority of the people.

The important point is that Progressives are never wrong. Top-down reform is the only way to fix the health care system. Anthropogenic global warming is scientifically proven, and its solution requires strenuous exercise of political control over individual behavior. Deficit spending is necessary and sufficient to create jobs. Technocrats can make banks too regulated to fail. Markets without technocratic control are like adolescents without adult supervision. Individual happiness can be improved by political authorities using scientific knowledge. Concentrated political power is the wave of the future, and it is good.

I am not a populist. I fear the mob. But how can I fear the Progressives any less?

http://econlog.econlib.org/archives/2010/02/progressives_vs.html

hcap
02-08-2010, 04:16 PM
Yeah we are delusional just like your messiah and all his blind followers.
But here is the difference.

'In 2004, George W. Bush won the narrowest re-election of a president since 1916. Earning just barely over half the vote, and just 286 electoral votes, Bush should have been humble. After all, if America had said anything in his two elections, it was that at least half of us didn’t trust him, didn’t like him, and didn’t want him in office.

A different man would have been circumspect, and worked to build bridges with his opponents. Bush, however, decided to govern as he had in the previous four years — with a slash-and-burn style aimed at punishing his enemies and rewarding his friends.

He made this clear in a press conference held just two days after the election, when he told the press, in no uncertain terms, that this was his country now, and the rest of us were just living in it:
You asked, do I feel free. Let me put it to you this way: I earned capital in the campaign, political capital, and now I intend to spend it. It is my style. That’s what happened in the — after the 2000 election, I earned some capital. I’ve earned capital in this election — and I’m going to spend it for what I told the people I’d spend it on, which is — you’ve heard the agenda: Social Security and tax reform, moving this economy forward, education, fighting and winning the war on terror.
Bush viewed his election as a ratification of all he had done — invading Iraq at the top of the list. He saw himself as ascendant, and was almost giddy with the possibilities."
.................................................. .........................

Compare electoral and popular votes. 2004 and Bush, with 2008 and Obama.
Obama’s decisive and overwhelming victory means he really does have a mandate.

No temper tantrums, Just very annoyed that the repugs always bring up the necessity of 60 vote and have blocked legislation 90% of the time. Yeah politicians suck, but repugs suck more and all the time. The Tea Partiers, and I do mean partiers are the ones throwing the tantrums. As well as most of you bitching here 24/7/365

johnhannibalsmith
02-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Twenty years from now is your argument for all that is wrong still going to center around George Bush?

We get it. Some of us even agree. But it does nothing to support or absolve the failures and flaws of the present governing.

boxcar
02-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Just read this, seems to fit Hcap:

My point here is not to champion Republicans. It is not to champion democracy. My point is that the ones throwing the temper tantrum right now are the Progressives. They think that the 2008 election gave them the right to operate like China's autocracy, and they are lashing out hysterically at those they perceive as preventing them from doing so On the one hand, the villains are a small minority in the Senate. Or maybe the villains are the incoherent majority of the people.

The important point is that Progressives are never wrong. Top-down reform is the only way to fix the health care system. Anthropogenic global warming is scientifically proven, and its solution requires strenuous exercise of political control over individual behavior. Deficit spending is necessary and sufficient to create jobs. Technocrats can make banks too regulated to fail. Markets without technocratic control are like adolescents without adult supervision. Individual happiness can be improved by political authorities using scientific knowledge. Concentrated political power is the wave of the future, and it is good.

I am not a populist. I fear the mob. But how can I fear the Progressives any less?

http://econlog.econlib.org/archives/2010/02/progressives_vs.html

What's refreshing about this delusional individual is that this is a Commie who has come out of his Closet, unlike 'cap, Mosty, NJ, Sec, etc. At least he's honest enough to admit it. (I bet he would have no problem in drafting a State Bill of Rights.)

The scary thing, however, is that I'm also afraid this guy is right. Centralized and concentrated government power will be the wave of the future. This does not bode well for freedom lovers.

Boxcar

hcap
02-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Box, do you post here using crib notes scribbled on your palm?
Damn talk about teleprompters!

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/archives/193773.asp

Ex-Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin was the hands-down hit at the National Tea Party convention, with a speech that mocked President Obama for using a TelePrompter when he speaks.

A close look reveals, however, that Palin had pen-written crib notes inside of her hand. She also read her speech from a script in front of her.

Ed Reinke of The Associated Press took what's sure to be one of the year's memorable political photos, which showed the scrawled words "Energy," "budget," tax" on an extended left hand.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/library/palin-detail_1574326c.jpg

46zilzal
02-08-2010, 05:11 PM
commies

funny stuff

PaceAdvantage
02-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Box, do you post here using crib notes scribbled on your palm?
Damn talk about teleprompters!

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/archives/193773.asp

Ex-Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin was the hands-down hit at the National Tea Party convention, with a speech that mocked President Obama for using a TelePrompter when he speaks.

A close look reveals, however, that Palin had pen-written crib notes inside of her hand. She also read her speech from a script in front of her.

Ed Reinke of The Associated Press took what's sure to be one of the year's memorable political photos, which showed the scrawled words "Energy," "budget," tax" on an extended left hand.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlepolitics/library/palin-detail_1574326c.jpgIf she had a script in front of her, what would be the need to write anything on her hand? How genuine is this photo anyway? Probably as genuine as that birth certificate Obama likes to point to...:lol:

hcap
02-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Yeah she was reading from a script. And the palm reading was just the topper.
And you guys talk about teleprompters :lol: :rolleyes: :bang:

boxcar
02-08-2010, 05:55 PM

Comparing a few scribbled notes on hand to a fully-scripted teleprompter is even a stretch for you, 'cap. (Has anyone ever told you that you're shot!?) :rolleyes:

Boxcar

boxcar
02-08-2010, 06:00 PM
commies

funny stuff

What do you think totalitarianism is, if it isn't centralized and concentrated political power residing in the state? Enlighten us, Dr. No, will ya? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
02-08-2010, 06:04 PM
She's a FOX News commentator and failed VP candidate. He's the leader of the free world. I'm not sure that I'd be instigating comparisons if I were defending the latter.

hcap
02-08-2010, 06:06 PM
She was reading from a script AND the crib notes on her hand.
So it was a fully scripted performance with the hand job as well.
What's next for Palin, a bunch of her folks calling out answers in case she is still stumped.
Or maybe a call to someone. A "lifeline".

I don't normally admit to a dimmer public figure than bush....however
Rutabaga is a SMART vegetable in comparison :D

boxcar
02-08-2010, 06:09 PM
What's next for Palin, a bunch of her folks calling out answers in case she is still stumped.

And your CORPSman is dummer than dirt. In fact, I think he's so stupid that it would be safe to characterize him as a corpse on the basis of him being brain-dead.

Boxcar

prospector
02-08-2010, 06:12 PM

how can you compare 1 or 2 reminder notes on the hand to a whole teleprompter full of lies...who's dimmer? a few notes or a whole teleprompter..

Robert Goren
02-08-2010, 06:12 PM
The governor of New York nevers uses a teleprompter or scribbles on his hand.:lol:

GaryG
02-08-2010, 06:14 PM
She's a FOX News commentator and failed VP candidate. He's the leader of the free world. I'm not sure that I'd be instigating comparisons if I were defending the latter.He can't defend the latter.....that is why all the name calling and attacks on the former. Those Tea Baggers have struck a nerve for sure.

bigmack
02-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Again, hcap has so little to say these days that any opportunity to ridicule someone gets him as excited as it does Olbermann.

They continue to try and make these little events into major happenings.

Those of his ilk will be drilling this writing on a hand for months while any normal person barely pays any attention. Watch KO & Maddow make this into another LouisianaGate. Last I checked they said O'Keefe was going to do 20 years! :lol: Tonight they'll have on a handwriting expert to prove the originator of the scribble. Hard news over there.

hcap
02-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Tea Baggers is not politically correct.
That's why I used Tea Partier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teabagging

PaceAdvantage
02-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Tea Baggers is not politically correct.
That's why I used Tea Partier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TeabaggingMan, if hcap weren't around, who would educate us rubes?

PaceAdvantage
02-08-2010, 06:30 PM
She was reading from a script AND the crib notes on her hand.If she had a script, why would she need to write on or consult her palm? Why not write it on the script?

This whole thing makes little sense, from both a practical and political "gotcha" perspective.

You guys must really be nervous...:lol:

PS. Who authenticated this alleged photo?

hcap
02-08-2010, 06:33 PM
They continue to try and make these little events into major happenings.

Holy crap BM. Exactlty what you and the rest of the loonies HERE have done

24/7/365 anti Obama. Could not have described any clearer than the above. Congratulations!

hcap
02-08-2010, 06:41 PM
If she had a script, why would she need to write on or consult her palm? Why not write it on the script?

This whole thing makes little sense, from both a practical and political "gotcha" perspective.

You guys must really be nervous...:lol:

PS. Who authenticated this alleged photo?
Who authenticated the Hitler Youth application form that you guys babbled about for days?
Who authenticated the bullshit bogus documents claiming Obama was born in Kenya?
Or the other nonsense that was blown up into the second coming of Karl Marx?

The video shows Palin reading from her palm.
Palin was palming.

PaceAdvantage
02-08-2010, 06:45 PM
The video shows Palin reading from her palm.
Palin was palming.I haven't seen any video...I suppose I'm not that obsessed.

Why write on your hand if you've got a script in front of you? Why not write on the script?

And if she has a script in front of her, who cares if she wrote on her hand? Isn't it the same thing?

Lots of people write on their hand every day in this country...it's not very aesthetic, but it gets the job done...

hcap
02-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Man, if hcap weren't around, who would educate us rubes?
For one thing stop exposing yourselves to Faux Noos and other propaganda. And no matter what Karl Rove or Rush L says......

Do not drink !

http://www.alternet.org/images/managed/storyimages_koolaidmanglass_1265590263.jpg_640x578 _310x220

boxcar
02-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Man, if hcap weren't around, who would educate us rubes?

It would default to ZilZil.

Boxcar

bigmack
Who authenticated the Hitler Youth application form that you guys babbled about for days?
Who authenticated the bullshit bogus documents claiming Obama was born in Kenya?
Or the other nonsense that was blown up into the second coming of Karl Marx?

You're doing a hell of a job. Remember to bend at the knees.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/300.jpg

PaceAdvantage
For one thing stop exposing yourselves to Faux Noos and other propaganda.The day I start taking lessons from a guy who championed Barack Obama in 2008, is the day I hang up my keyboard.

Some savior/uniter/healer/all around smart guy:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_total_approval_graphics/february_2010/obama_total_approval_february_8_2010/285763-1-eng-US/obama_total_approval_february_8_2010.jpg (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll)

johnhannibalsmith
02-08-2010, 06:57 PM
Perhaps people wouldn't watch so much FOX News if other pundits were willing to deal with contemporary politics instead of re-hashing the eight years that they supposedly hated so much. I'm beginning to believe that most of you are actually disappointed to have gotten what you thought you wanted and can no longer merely point fingers and mock others. You are now wearing the other shoe and truth be told, it's much more fun on the other side when you know good and well that nobody is ever actually right, but it's truly fun to point out when you see wrong.

hcap
02-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Recapping the The National Tea Party Convention....

• Joseph Farah, the publisher of the right-wing website WorldNetDaily.com, drew cheers from the crowd by questioning whether President Obama was born in the U.S. "The media, the politicians ... all say, no, it's all been settled," said Farah. "I say, if it's been settled show us the birth certificate. Simple."

• Tom Tancredo, the former Colorado Republican congressman, declared that the president was elected because "we do not have a civics, literacy test before people can vote."

• Roy Moore, the former Chief Justice of the Alabama Supreme Court charged that by proclaiming a gay pride month, Obama "has elevated immorality to a new level."

hcap
02-08-2010, 07:07 PM
Speaking of Faux Noos...

"On Fox & Friends this morning, the hosts defended their colleague’s Telepalmer notes. Carlson suggested that it was a brilliantly clever plot to draw attention to Obama’s use of a teleprompter:

CARLSON: I think she did it on purpose. I think she did it on purpose, yeah. Because it’s an exact opposite of reading off the teleprompter with a script written for you with every word in a sentence and here’s she’s just taking crib notes on her hand. It makes her look like she can just talk off the cuff and she just jotted down a few couple notes before she went out to give a big long speech.

DOOCY: I think she did it because she probably does it a lot. I do that all the time. [...]

KILMEADE: But to sit there and look at, and do the interview and look down at her hand, I think that is — like you said before, Gretchen — folksy, absolutely, down-to-earth, I can identify. But if you’re going to write on your hand, why not just say, ’staffer, hand me a card.’ And then it would be okay.

CARLSON: Nah, like I said, I think it was on purpose. But anyway, we we may never know."

Have some more guys...

http://www.alternet.org/images/managed/storyimages_koolaidmanglass_1265590263.jpg_640x578 _310x220

johnhannibalsmith
02-08-2010, 07:15 PM
You mock people for watching FOX and you have transcripts? :rolleyes:

Wow.

I guess this FOX/Palin/TeaParty thing must really scare you to death to have joined the rank and file of those that elevate their own stature by tearing others down using the guilt by loose association theories.

bigmack
02-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Have some more guys..
You want a really good laugh? Drink in your comrades from a few years ago. :lol:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/44-3.jpg

boxcar
02-08-2010, 07:26 PM
Nice hairdo on that one flag carrier. Put that 'do with the face on girly man's avatar, and we'd have the makings for an exciting horror movie.

Boxcar

Tom
02-08-2010, 09:48 PM

hcap, most all good speakers use notes - Reagen used index cards. There is a huge diff between notes and SCRIPTED speak.
Please, refer to post #8...you are making a total ASS of yourself in this thread. I hate to see it.

Tom
02-08-2010, 09:49 PM
The governor of New York nevers uses a teleprompter or scribbles on his hand.:lol:

Bingo! :lol:

Tom
02-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Recapping the The National Tea Party Convention....

Now why do you assume the NTP speaks for or represents the millions of Tea Party people out here? Are you that scared?

PS....even I don't have transcripts of Fox. :lol:

NJ Stinks
02-09-2010, 02:52 AM
In my wildest dreams I can't imagine any group paying Palin $100 to speak let alone $100,000. Everybody there should have been given ear plugs with their admission tickets.

The above is not a political statement. The woman grates. Plain and simple.

Tom
02-09-2010, 07:32 AM
Obviously, some don't agree.
No one makes you listen to her.......Biden seems more your speed anyway.

GaryG
02-09-2010, 09:38 AM
I looked in on Madcow for about 30 seconds. They were trying to discredit the Tea Partiers as racists. Showed a clip of LBJ from 1965 concerning voting rights. Those damn teabaggers are disenfranchising minorities and they hate gays!

prospector
02-09-2010, 11:21 AM
wow, what a surprise..those who disagree with the liberal view are racists and hate gays.....who knew?

and where is the birth certificate? seems like a valid question to me...unless he wants the controversy to discredit his critics as kooks..

mountainman
02-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Some liberal magazine writer ate O'Reilly's lunch last night on the topic of civilian trials for terrorists. The guest who preceded him refused to be bullied by Billo as well. They then trotted out one of his blonde sycophants who marveled predictably about how 'tough and mean' O'Reilly had been when conducting the prior interviews. I look for the Factor to stop booking such combative guests, or at least line up some pushovers to get Billo back in the win column.

By the way, was anyone else disappointed that O'Reilly didn't address Sarah Palin's hypocrisy in attempting to justify Rush Limbaugh's repeated use of the same term(retarded..retardo) that compelled her to call for the resignation of an Obama aid????? As the father of a mentally challenged child, I gained some respect for Palin when she first took umbrage at the word, but felt completely betrayed when she strained to excuse the mean -spirited Limbaugh's similar sin as 'satire.' To so politicize mental disability is shameful on her part. And, on the topic of Palin, since when can the de facto leader of an entire political movement, a person actively campaigning for president no less, be passed of as an objective 'political analyst' ? Her employment makes a complete mockery of Fox's 'fair and balanced' motto.

Rookies
02-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Can Lady Sarah now be considered a Palm Sister ? :lol:

Greyfox
02-09-2010, 11:56 AM
The Tea Partiers represent a reaction to the wreckless and feckless spending that has been running rampant in Washington.
They are looking for increased liberty, increased national security, lower taxes and more fiscal responsibility. Which makes sense to me.

They are tired of Barack Obama, Wall Street Bailouts, and kissing ass to Middle East Oil producers. Black female Angela McGlowan received several standing ovations at last weeks conference.

In my opinion though, they are making a huge mistake:
1. hitching their star to Sarah Palin
2. paying an enormous speakers fee to Sarah Palin

If Palin got the type of money that is rumored to have been given to her as a speakers fee, then The Tea Partiers lose tons of credibility with the likes of me. She's sexy, attractive, and has some ideas, but Palin will never be President. Throwing thousands of dollars $$$ in her direction is fiscal stupidity and cancels the message that needs to be sent to Washington.

Rookies
02-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Here's the fundamental issue Greyfox, not just for Palin, not for incumbent pols of either stripe, but for democracy itself.

Democracy has become one huge whore house, where those elected by the people are full pedal out for themselves and themselves only. The recent Supreme Court ruling in the U.S. will only exacerbate that down hill momentum. It's why important issue like the Health Bill, become Capone like payola for interests that won't and can't do anything on principle.

So, how do the Tea Baggers or any mirror movement on the left move from ideas to implementation ? Of course, they don't and can't. Because at one juncture on the continuum, those with the pure fixation on ideas have to swallow their pride and allow the paid off to represent them.

It is so bad, that the most vile opponents of democracy in the forms of despots, tyrants and the Taliban can only observe and laugh at what it has
now become. How can enslaved or subservient peoples be persuaded that there is a better option ?

Greyfox
02-09-2010, 12:27 PM
So, how do the Tea Baggers or any mirror movement on the left move from ideas to implementation ? Of course, they don't and can't. Because at one juncture on the continuum, those with the pure fixation on ideas have to swallow their pride and allow the paid off to represent them.

There's some truth to what you say, but I don't think it's as impossible as you make it out to be....or hopefully not. At the very least the Tea Partiers are getting the pols attention and in an election year some will be sweating.

GaryG
02-09-2010, 12:40 PM
At the very least the Tea Partiers are getting the pols attention and in an election year some will be sweating.They certainly have got the attention of the liberal media. If you didn't know which party was in power you would certainly not think it was the democrats. The Nov elections will drastically change the political landscape

Tom
02-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Here is what I like about Sara.

No shot at getting the nomination
No intention of getting the nomination
Lots of public support
Not afraid to say most anything
Not beholding to any republicans
Likely to be the center attraction in any debates

And that can be here role - force the issues, move the debates, challenge the legitimate candidates.

I am looking forward to a lot of good TV coming up.
A pretty face, big mouth, and the right message can do a lot.

The only debate last year that were of any substance were the ones the third party candidates had.

Go Kodiac on 'em, girl! Woo Hoo!

Sailwolf
02-09-2010, 01:12 PM
I

White persons not Hispanic, percent, 2008

Not according to the Census Bureau

65.6%

Soon to be lower than 50% by 2040.

boxcar
02-09-2010, 01:29 PM

65.6%

Soon to be lower than 50% by 2040.

Even the lower fig is good enough for a super majority. ;)

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
02-09-2010, 02:19 PM
The Tea Partiers represent a reaction to the wreckless and feckless spending that has been running rampant in Washington.
They are looking for increased liberty, increased national security, lower taxes and more fiscal responsibility. Which makes sense to me.

They are tired of Barack Obama, Wall Street Bailouts, and kissing ass to Middle East Oil producers. Black female Angela McGlowan received several standing ovations at last weeks conference.

In my opinion though, they are making a huge mistake:
1. hitching their star to Sarah Palin
2. paying an enormous speakers fee to Sarah Palin

If Palin got the type of money that is rumored to have been given to her as a speakers fee, then The Tea Partiers lose tons of credibility with the likes of me. She's sexy, attractive, and has some ideas, but Palin will never be President. Throwing thousands of dollars $$$ in her direction is fiscal stupidity and cancels the message that needs to be sent to Washington.

I agree with most of this. Personally, I find Palin to be grating as one other poster stated, so I'm a little unfair to her based upon the 'annoyance factor'. But she strikes me a politician, through and through, repeating vague mantras of conservatism without specifically addressing tough issues with solutions or at least giving the impression that she's a deep thinker on some matter. And she can even hold Rahm Emmanuel to an entirely different standard than a radio host that make or break her with millions of listeners over the word "retard", a position that is far more revealing than her hand notes, in my opinion.

I don't disagree with a whole lot that she does say, but I yearn for more insight and ideas from her - spend less, tax less, etc etc... - it's easy to say - and ripping on the President is fun and gets laughs from supporters, but it isn't a vision. She just seems really, really light on depth to me and my worst fear is she finds her way into a leadership role and under the microscope of constant scrutiny she becomes a 'gaffe a minute' and something of a... joke... a la GWB... and now Obama...

ArlJim78
02-09-2010, 03:20 PM
I know plenty about Palin already. Sure there are better options, but for me even if the choice next time is between Obama and randomly drawing a name from a hat, I'd go for the hat option in a heartbeat. It would be a longshot to come up with someone more destructive and dangerous to the country.

johnhannibalsmith
02-09-2010, 03:51 PM
I know plenty about Palin already. Sure there are better options, but for me even if the choice next time is between Obama and randomly drawing a name from a hat, I'd go for the hat option in a heartbeat. It would be a longshot to come up with someone more destructive and dangerous to the country.

Can't disagree... maybe we'd get lucky and draw the name 'FIDO'... woof, woof, woof... just don't bow wow...

JustRalph
02-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Here is what I like about Sara.

No shot at getting the nomination
No intention of getting the nomination
Lots of public support
Not afraid to say most anything
Not beholding to any republicans
Likely to be the center attraction in any debates

And that can be here role - force the issues, move the debates, challenge the legitimate candidates.

Tom, you slipped in a Gem there. Forcing the issues and moving the debate forward is exactly what she is doing. I don't want her to run for Prez but I love that she is out there doing what she is doing and whomever she stands next to during the primaries gets a huge boost. Not to mention the mid terms etc. How so many women can be against her is beyond me. The more air and coverage she gets from the press........the less artillery they have to use against other candidates. And not being beholden to anybody, she can go cut-throat on them.

bigmack
02-09-2010, 09:08 PM
It's a odd world. Leftoids are so neurotic about Palin/Tea Party it's a gas to watch them get kerfuffled.

Between BO & Company & MSNBC I don't know who is more pathetic in reacting to every Palin move.

They chuckle and assume the rest of the country chuckles along. They simply give Palin more credit by making fools of themselves obsessed with discredit.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/2_9_10_17_59_25.png

johnhannibalsmith
02-09-2010, 09:32 PM
I wonder which "journalists" stood up for the next query and identified himself/herself as part of the press "corpse" curious if Gibb will advise Obama to do the same in future speeches. I mean, hell, the White House is just a clubhouse for ultra-sensitive, juvenile twits apparently. Surely, someone in that room had to return the volley.

Anything to stay off the topic of how much they suck and how little focus they really have on their actual jobs, huh smug pie faced smirking egg headed comedian. This is what they have to offer the country? A SNL skit? They want to minimize relevant, important stuff to take time to mock Sarah Palin as though it's befitting the office of the Presidency? Or funny?

What will it take for these guys to realize that this exactly the sort of stupidity that has people running away from them? Luckily, the die-hards that want to buried in Obama shirts will cackle and clap and call the people that they alienate racist, woman haters.

NJ Stinks
02-09-2010, 10:18 PM
I wonder which "journalists" stood up for the next query and identified himself/herself as part of the press "corpse" curious if Gibb will advise Obama to do the same in future speeches. I mean, hell, the White House is just a clubhouse for ultra-sensitive, juvenile twits apparently. Surely, someone in that room had to return the volley.

Anything to stay off the topic of how much they suck and how little focus they really have on their actual jobs, huh smug pie faced smirking egg headed comedian. This is what they have to offer the country? A SNL skit? They want to minimize relevant, important stuff to take time to mock Sarah Palin as though it's befitting the office of the Presidency? Or funny?

What will it take for these guys to realize that this exactly the sort of stupidity that has people running away from them? Luckily, the die-hards that want to buried in Obama shirts will cackle and clap and call the people that they alienate racist, woman haters.

Whatever you do, John, don't lose your sense of humor. :p

PaceAdvantage
02-10-2010, 01:58 AM

65.6%

Soon to be lower than 50% by 2040.I believe the number I was using was circa 2005. Three years and down almost 10%? Can that be right? Do you want to revise your 2040 number? :lol:

PaceAdvantage
02-10-2010, 02:09 AM
It's a odd world. Leftoids are so neurotic about Palin/Tea Party it's a gas to watch them get kerfuffled.

Between BO & Company & MSNBC I don't know who is more pathetic in reacting to every Palin move.

They chuckle and assume the rest of the country chuckles along. They simply give Palin more credit by making fools of themselves obsessed with discredit.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/2_9_10_17_59_25.pngHow many years did the left-wing of PaceAdvantage.com off-topic continually remind us all how Bush once joked about searching for WMDs in Iraq by looking under chairs, tables, etc.?

What's the over/under on how many years these same, ultra-caring left-wingers will continue to remind us all that despite all the economic hardship, pain and turmoil American families continue to endure under this administration's failed economic policies, the press secretary for the POTUS has nothing better to do with his time than deliver mockery and stand-up comedy from behind that podium inside the White House.

If people weren't convinced up until this point, that this administration has been nothing but a disgraceful sham, then this little dog and pony show by Gibbs should be the event that puts them over the top for almost anyone with a lick of common sense and decency.

PaceAdvantage
02-10-2010, 02:12 AM
"Miss Me Yet?" INDEED!

newtothegame
02-10-2010, 05:15 AM
Hcap...for what you deemed as 600, those six hundred have alot of people worried. how else would you explain this report that unions are trying to destroy them....(all 600 I would presume lol)

Anti-Tea Party Web Site Part of Scheme to Funnel Funds

By Joseph Abrams

- FOXNews.com

A new Web site targeting the tea parties is a part of a complex network of money flowing from the mountainous coffers of the country's biggest labor unions and trickling slowly into political slush funds for Democratic activists.

A seemingly grassroots organization that's mounted an online campaign to counter the tea party movement is actually the front end of an elaborate scheme that funnels funds -- including sizable labor union contributions -- through the offices of a prominent Democratic party lawyer.

A Web site popped up in January dedicated to preventing the tea party's "radical" and "dangerous" ideas from "gaining legislative traction," targeting GOP candidates in Illinois for the firing squad.

"This movement is a fad," proclaims TheTeaPartyIsOver.org (http://www.theteapartyisover.org/), which was established by the American Public Policy Center (APPC), a D.C.-based campaign shop that few people have ever heard of.

But a close look reveals the APPC's place in a complex network of money flowing from the mountainous coffers of the country's biggest labor unions into political slush funds for Democratic activists.

Here's how it works: What appears like a local groundswell is in fact the creation of two men -- Craig Varoga and George Rakis, Democratic Party strategists who have set up a number of so-called 527 groups, the non-profit election organizations that hammer on contentious issues (think Swift Boats, for example).

Varoga and Rakis keep a central mailing address in Washington, pulling in soft money contributions from unions and other well-padded sources to engage in what amounts to a legal laundering system. The money -- tens of millions of dollars -- gets circulated around to different states by the 527s, which pay for TV ads, Internet campaigns and lobbyist salaries, all while keeping the hands of the unions clean -- for the most part.

The system helps hide the true sources of funding, giving the appearance of locally bred opposition in states from Oklahoma to New Jersey, or in the case of the Tea Party Web site, in Illinois.

And this whitewash is entirely legal, say election law experts, who told FoxNews.com that this arrangement more or less the norm in Washington.

"It's not illegal but it is, I think, dishonest on the part of the organizations," said Paul Ryan, a legal counsel at the Campaign Legal Center. "And there's a reason they do it: they know voters don't like outsiders coming in to sway the vote."

more at the link...
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/02/09/anti-tea-party-web-site-scheme-funnel-funds/?test=latestnews

oh wait...its faux noos?? Its got to be false right Cap? :lol:

GaryG
02-10-2010, 09:46 AM
I believe the number I was using was circa 2005. Three years and down almost 10%? Can that be right? Do you want to revise your 2040 number? :lol:Still 99 and 44/100 percent out this way....well, not quite.