PDA

View Full Version : What happened?

cj
02-06-2010, 05:38 PM
There is a link on the home page to this story:

"Take the Points Scores GP Turf Handicap

By Jason Shandler (http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/author/jason-shandler)
Updated: Saturday, February 6, 2010 5:30 PM
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2010 5:13 PM

Starlight Partners’ Take the Points (http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/thoroughbred/take-the-points/2006?source=BHonline) earned his third grade I victory Feb. 6 when he pulled away in the stretch to win the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap at Gulfstream Park

"

But when I check the results Court Vision won and Take the Points isn't on the board.

Tom
02-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Taken down.
I bet him.
:(:mad::(:bang:

Didn't see why....they just mentioned it on HRTV.

jognlope
02-06-2010, 05:40 PM
I was rooting for Court Vision, back to 5th, that's yucks.

PaceAdvantage
02-06-2010, 05:42 PM
I guess writer Jason Shandler didn't stick around long enough to see Take the Points was DQ'd from 1st to 5th....:eek:

Kind of embarrassing...at least it's a very short story...I'm sure it will be revised shortly...

Starlight Partners’ Take the Points (http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/thoroughbred/take-the-points/2006?source=BHonline) earned his third grade I victory Feb. 6 when he pulled away in the stretch to win the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap at Gulfstream Park.

Relwob Owner
02-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Came over pretty good on the two, I believe and I think it was on Kent D....

bisket
02-06-2010, 05:44 PM
well i had yates!!!! :bang: :faint:

Relwob Owner
02-06-2010, 05:45 PM

That sucks....I didnt watch the replay but watched the race the first time....didnt he look like he had a good shot without the 5 coming over on him?

Spalding No!
02-06-2010, 05:45 PM
There is a link on the home page to this story:

"Take the Points Scores GP Turf Handicap

By Jason Shandler (http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/author/jason-shandler)
Updated: Saturday, February 6, 2010 5:30 PM
Posted: Saturday, February 6, 2010 5:13 PM

Starlight Partners’ Take the Points (http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/thoroughbred/take-the-points/2006?source=BHonline) earned his third grade I victory Feb. 6 when he pulled away in the stretch to win the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Turf Handicap at Gulfstream Park

"

But when I check the results Court Vision won and Take the Points isn't on the board.

How in the hell is it still up there?

They already ran the Donn.

only11
02-06-2010, 05:50 PM
I had a huge win bet on yates ...dont know if he wouldve won, :mad:

joanied
02-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Take the Points came over and Kent's horse clipped and nealry went down...don't know how Kent stayed on...

toussaud
02-06-2010, 06:06 PM
i got screwed over

worst part about it is, he was MUCH the best.

onefast99
02-06-2010, 07:10 PM
i got screwed over

worst part about it is, he was MUCH the best.
It looked as if Take the Points was clear but the horse lugged in a bit and the horse on the rail the 1 came over a bit and almost took the 2 down, it didn't look like Take the Points was the culprit here, but I will go by the stewards decision to take him down as the 2 almost went down and it seems as if that is almost an automatic DQ everytime a horse almost goes down or does go down.

cj's dad
02-06-2010, 08:27 PM
The #5 came over 3 paths left into the #2 who was making a move and they clipped heels (or so it appeared), amazing the horse regrouped and stayed up and that Kent D. stayed on. I think the 2 would have ran 2nd.

Looked like a fair call to me.

joanied
02-06-2010, 08:32 PM
The #5 came over 3 paths left into the #2 who was making a move and they clipped heels (or so it appeared), amazing the horse regrouped and stayed up and that Kent D. stayed on. I think the 2 would have ran 2nd.

Me too...
hey cj's dad...been wondering 'bout you...and now, here you are:jump:

point given
02-06-2010, 08:34 PM
It looked as if Take the Points was clear but the horse lugged in a bit and the horse on the rail the 1 came over a bit and almost took the 2 down, it didn't look like Take the Points was the culprit here, but I will go by the stewards decision to take him down as the 2 almost went down and it seems as if that is almost an automatic DQ everytime a horse almost goes down or does go down.

thats about how I saw it; TTP was just clear and kent went for a hole that closed up as TTP cameover . Don't know how kent avoided getting dropped and his horse got back on stride.TG

onefast99
02-06-2010, 08:37 PM

Pletcher will lodge an appeal and I wouldn't be surprised if he won. I have race replays on DRF and it is quite interesting that there is no head on available for that race. Both the 1 and the 5 were coming together a bit but the 2 ran up on the heels of the 5 take the points, who cleared all involved and crossed the wire first.

bisket
02-06-2010, 08:56 PM
they showed the head on replay at the twin spires website. although i must admit i was pulling your leg a bit ;) :liar: i had yates in an exacta with adagio so it wouldn't have helped me if yates got up because adagio faded. :blush: i was more or less wagering against court vision. it just doesn't seem to matter to him if he finishes first, second, or third. it was a calculated gamble that adagio would improve enough to finish second, and with help first.
in response to relwob owner
yates was definately moving faster than that hole. he would have been there at the end no doubt. although its hard to say exactly whether first or second.

RXB
02-06-2010, 10:04 PM
Pletcher will lodge an appeal and I wouldn't be surprised if he won. I have race replays on DRF and it is quite interesting that there is no head on available for that race. Both the 1 and the 5 were coming together a bit but the 2 ran up on the heels of the 5 take the points, who cleared all involved and crossed the wire first.

Take The Points wasn't more than 1/2 - 3/4 length in front of the #2-- who had established a path toward a sizable hole-- when he started to drift inward about two paths. The #1 did herd the #2 a bit from the rail, too, but that was a pretty easy DQ. Desormeaux had some words for Prado as they galloped out.

I'd be shocked if they got that DQ overturned.

WinterTriangle
02-07-2010, 02:33 AM
A wager is a wager...eh.....I am glad to know the jocks and horses are safe and not dead or hurt.

Happy ending, win/win.

onefast99
02-07-2010, 09:33 AM
Take The Points wasn't more than 1/2 - 3/4 length in front of the #2-- who had established a path toward a sizable hole-- when he started to drift inward about two paths. The #1 did herd the #2 a bit from the rail, too, but that was a pretty easy DQ. Desormeaux had some words for Prado as they galloped out.

I'd be shocked if they got that DQ overturned.
I just saw the head on and TTP did bother the 2, the stewards made the right call based on the head on as TTP came over at least two paths while the 1 came out about 1 path but not enough to bother the 2.

cj's dad
02-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Me too...
hey cj's dad...been wondering 'bout you...and now, here you are:jump:

Trust me Joanie, lots of folks have wondered about me.;)

joanied
02-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Trust me Joanie, lots of folks have wondered about me.;)

Well, of course they did :) ...when a good person vanishes off the board...we wonder why and hope for the best...at least I do.

Just way good to have you back:jump: :jump: :jump: