PDA

View Full Version : Musket Man

SmartyLane
02-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Boy I was sure happy to see him run so well today. He did so good in the first two triple crown races. What an overchiever, and boy does he try hard.

Good job MM!!

lamboguy
02-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Boy I was sure happy to see him run so well today. He did so good in the first two triple crown races. What an overchiever, and boy does he try hard.

Good job MM!!
me too! i had about 500 good reasons

Moyers Pond
02-06-2010, 05:29 PM
I don't think very highly of him, but the older horse division is just awful. He might find a grade 1 he can win somewhere by default.

joanied
02-06-2010, 06:08 PM
I don't think very highly of him, but the older horse division is just awful. He might find a grade 1 he can win somewhere by default.

First of all....way to go :jump: Musket Man...I think very highly :ThmbUp: of this hunk of a horse...
the older horse division is awful...yeah...so awful Quality Road won by 12 and broke the record...
maybe it's a little early to be saying the older horses are awful:)

Jasonm921
02-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Older division is awful? This may be one of the better handicap divisions in years.

Relwob Owner
02-06-2010, 06:42 PM

You say the older division is awful, yet started a thread about how Quality Road can beat Zenyatta or RA....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

joanied
02-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Older division is awful? This may be one of the better handicap divisions in years.

I think so too...

joanied
02-06-2010, 07:13 PM
You say the older division is awful, yet started a thread about how Quality Road can beat Zenyatta or RA....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Yeah...kinda confusing :confused: don't ya think;)

46zilzal
02-06-2010, 07:14 PM
At his best Quality Road flies by RA. His FLA Derby was one of the most impressive performances of all last year.

tucker6
02-06-2010, 07:42 PM
At his best Quality Road flies by RA. His FLA Derby was one of the most impressive performances of all last year.
I like both QR and RA, but what makes you believe he can "fly" by RA?? I don't believe anyone flies by her at 9 panels. That's her wheelhouse. I believe his is a mile. Could be wrong though

joanied
02-06-2010, 07:47 PM
I like both QR and RA, but what makes you believe he can "fly" by RA?? I don't believe anyone flies by her at 9 panels. That's her wheelhouse. I believe his is a mile. Could be wrong though

And, zilly...the FL Derby was last year...fuhgetabowtit...doesn't mean much now...
I beleive tucker6 is right....but I aslo beleive if QR & RA hook up...it's gonna be a battle royal down the stretch...I also beleive QR is more than a mile horse...

Relwob Owner
02-06-2010, 09:57 PM

Really? Lets see----Quality Road, couldnt "fly by" Summer Bird, a horse that RA trounced. How do you explain this???????????

tribecaagent
02-06-2010, 10:05 PM

Mr. Zal, you might want to step back, take a deep breath, and think this over....."fly by Rachel"???

Let's see Quality Road duplicate his brilliance outside of south Florida first.

Dahoss9698
02-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Mr. Zal, you might want to step back, take a deep breath, and think this over....."fly by Rachel"???

Let's see Quality Road duplicate his brilliance outside of south Florida first.

He ran a pretty fast race at Saratoga also. But, he clearly excels at Gulfstream. Can he reproduce it somewhere else? Maybe, but if the Quality Road that ran today shows up, Rachel and Zenyatta are running for second.

Saratoga_Mike
02-06-2010, 10:30 PM
He ran a pretty fast race at Saratoga also. But, he clearly excels at Gulfstream. Can he reproduce it somewhere else? Maybe, but if the Quality Road that ran today shows up, Rachel and Zenyatta are running for second.

Why? What type of Beyer do you think he earned?

Dahoss9698
02-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Why? What type of Beyer do you think he earned?

He earned a 122

Saratoga_Mike
02-06-2010, 10:41 PM
He earned a 122

Is that definitive? I was estimating 118. I look forward to CJ's take on that. It was a hard number to come up with given there was only one other two-turn race on the day.

Dahoss9698
02-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Is that definitive? I was estimating 118. I look forward to CJ's take on that. It was a hard number to come up with given there was only one other two-turn race on the day.

Yes, I saw it on DRF.

tribecaagent
02-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Wow...

I'm curious as to CJ's opinion as well.

Saratoga_Mike
02-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Yes, I saw it on DRF.

Do you have a link to where they show it? It must be in an obscure section, at least I can't find it. Thanks.

Dahoss9698
02-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Do you have a link to where they show it? It must be in an obscure section, at least I can't find it. Thanks.

No link yet. If you have DRF Formulator, look in charts, it's on there. Quality Road got a 122, Dry martini a 101 and Delightful Kiss, Mambo Meister and Helsinki all got 99's.

Dahoss9698
02-07-2010, 12:56 AM

http://cristblog.drf.com/crist/

WinterTriangle
02-07-2010, 01:53 AM
I don't think very highly of him.

Then you really aren't acquainted with Musket Man. :rolleyes:

He's 9-6-0-3 and has outrun his pedigree substantially. He was 5 for 6 entering the Derby last year.....and was ITM in every TC races he ran in. He's earned
$923,600 ( and was $15,000 as a yearling at Keenland. )

BTW, who were your TC horses last year? :D

Would be curious what you base your negative opinion on, since it makes no sense to me at all.