PDA

View Full Version : "This is not about me"

ArlJim78
02-05-2010, 06:06 PM
is what Obama always likes to say. and what better way to demonstrate that then to tell a story about a nameless woman who succumbed to cancer whose dying wish was to be buried in her Obama T-shirt? I guess that really brings it all home doesn't it. how truly selfless and compassionate. I guess I'm now leaning towards supporting Obamacare. I didnt' realize that dying people would want to be buried in their Obama t-shirts. this changes everything.

Obama: 'She insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt' (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Obama-She-insisted-shes-going-to-be-buried-in-an-Obama-t-shirt-83645132.html)

By: Byron York (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/bios/byron-york.html)
Chief Political Correspondent
02/05/10 11:42 AM EST

Yes, those are the words of the president, last night at the Democratic National Committee fundraiser in Washington. After listing his administration's accomplishments and vowing that "our most urgent task is job creation," Obama pledged to keep fighting for a national health care system. "We knew this was hard," Obama said. And then he described a letter he received from a campaign worker who suffered from breast cancer and has since died:

I got a letter -- I got a note today from one of my staff -- they forwarded it to me -- from a woman in St. Louis who had been part of our campaign, very active, who had passed away from breast cancer. She didn't have insurance. She couldn't afford it, so she had put off having the kind of exams that she needed. And she had fought a tough battle for four years. All through the campaign she was fighting it, but finally she succumbed to it. And she insisted she's going to be buried in an Obama t-shirt.

cj's dad
02-05-2010, 06:30 PM
B Hussein O - her name please !!

johnhannibalsmith
02-05-2010, 06:31 PM
And I want to have "Celebration" played at my funeral... but I never thought that Kool and the Gang were any redefinition of music.

46zilzal
02-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Person wants to be painted tiger stripped what does it matter, it is their wish?

cj's dad
02-05-2010, 06:47 PM
And I want to have "Celebration" played at my funeral... but I never thought that Kool and the Gang were any redefinition of music.

With the election of this a--hole, we have entered into an arena of complete and total insanity and we still have 3 more years to go-

GOD HELP US !!!

GameTheory
02-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Person wants to be painted tiger stripped what does it matter, it is their wish?Congrats!

With that, you have officially missed the point for the 10,000th time! Only a select few immortal posters can even DREAM of reaching such a plateau!

boxcar
02-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Person wants to be painted tiger stripped what does it matter, it is their wish?

Too bad she can't take him to the grave to be with her. They could have a grand ol' time discussing health care reform, and how unfairly life treated her. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
02-05-2010, 07:28 PM
With the election of this a--hole, we have entered into an arena of complete and total insanity and we still have 3 more years to go-

GOD HELP US !!!

chuckle... you forgot to post the part where he encouraged other loyalists to don Nike sneakers when heading to the deathbed...

I have no source to cite for this, but read it in an email and it pretty much sums up my reaction to the every instance of this great communicator deciding to deliver a monologue:

President BARACK OBAMA was invited to address a major gathering of the American Indian Nation in upstate New York .

He spoke for almost an hour about his plans for increasing every Native American’s present standard of living. He referred to his time as a U.S. Senator and how he had voted for every Native American issue that came to the floor of the Senate.

Although President Obama was vague about the details of his plans, he seemed most enthusiastic and spoke eloquently about his ideas for helping his “red sisters and brothers.”

At the conclusion of his speech, the Tribes presented Obama with a plaque inscribed with his new Indian name, “Walking Eagle.” The proud President then departed in his motorcade to a fundraiser, waving to the crowds..

A news reporter later asked the group of chiefs how they came to select the new name they had given to the President.

They explained that “Walking Eagle” is the name given to a bird so full of shit it can no longer fly.

ArlJim78
02-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Is been quite a week for our scholar-in-chief. Bowing to the mayor of Tampa, referring to military men as corpsemen, and now this pathetic act of narcissism regarding an Obama t-shirt. Even the liberal Ed Schultz was taken aback when he was given a chance to visit the White House, saying the place is like a shrine because of all the Obama pictures everywhere.

but as we all know by now "its not about him".

boxcar
02-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Is been quite a week for our scholar-in-chief. Bowing to the mayor of Tampa, referring to military men as corpsemen, and now this pathetic act of narcissism regarding an Obama t-shirt. Even the liberal Ed Schultz was taken aback when he was given a chance to visit the White House, saying the place is like a shrine because of all the Obama pictures everywhere.

but as we all know by now "its not about him".

With BO at the helm, the U.S. has all but become a banana republic. This type of adulation of a leader is what you expect to see in culturally and economically backward nations.

Boxcar
countries.

GaryG
02-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Even the liberal Ed Schultz was taken aback when he was given a chance to visit the White House, saying the place is like a shrine because of all the Obama pictures everywhere.It is similar to his Hussein brother who used to be the HMFIC in Iraq. He had pictures and statues of himself everywhere. Probably had T-shirts too. They might as well move the Capitol to Disneyland.