PDA

View Full Version : A Video Replay and the First at Santa Anita (February 5th)

andymays
02-05-2010, 03:57 PM
The number 5 Fermelia has what I would consider a significant trip in his last race and is one I bet last time @ 20-1 (ran 2nd). I put him in stable alert and looking at the PP's for today he appears to be much the best considering the trip in his last race. Maybe the 4 Bettingonthefly can step up with a big one off a long layoff.

Video replays were one of my biggest assets on a Santa Anita dirt surface but since Pro Ride they don't mean nearly as much as they used to. The Trainer is a great radio show host but only gets 4% winners although I don't believe that he does much of the training. Usually when a low percentage trainer has a gelding like this they don't hold their form or reproduce big efforts.

The running lines don't show much and the comment doesn't indicate any significant trouble.

If you watch the video at www.calracing.com I would be curious to see what others think about the trip.

Not a big price today and is 7-2 with 4 minutes to post.

I'll put up the PP's of the first at Santa Anita after the first is over.

andymays
02-05-2010, 04:05 PM
3rd today with no excuse!

Stevecsd
02-06-2010, 05:37 PM
For me, that would have been a bad bet. You have an 8-5 power horse at 5# under 121. No contest.

Steven Currie