PDA

View Full Version : Jockey stats question

pontifor
02-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Hi,

In the past performance, there is if often something called Jockey on Turf Label, sometimes it's 'Sprints' and sometimes 'Routes'. I don't understand the difference between these and don't know why sometimes it lists one or the other.. Any insight from the esteem readers of this post would be greatly appreciated.. :)

thanks!
P

Greyfox
02-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Hi,

In the past performance, there is if often something called Jockey on Turf Label, sometimes it's 'Sprints' and sometimes 'Routes'. I don't understand the difference between these and don't know why sometimes it lists one or the other.. Any insight from the esteem readers of this post would be greatly appreciated.. :)

thanks!
P

I buy the Daily Racing Form. My paper doesn't seem to have that information. It lists jockey mounts, in the money, and win percentages.
I suspect that Jockey on Turf probably refers to his/her win % on Turf or win % in sprints and routes.

therussmeister
02-05-2010, 12:48 PM
I would assume it lists sprint data if the race is a sprint, and route data for route races.

pontifor
02-05-2010, 01:13 PM
Ah of course! Thanks, sorry for the newbie question, but is there a track distance that determines if a race is a sprint or route? I feel like the blind guy, hey you've got an eye! :jump:

Overlay
02-05-2010, 01:41 PM
As far as I'm aware, regardless of what track you're talking about, or how the track is laid out, or what surface the race is being run on, a sprint is defined as a race of less than one mile, and a route is a race of one mile or more. (One mile = eight furlongs.)

pontifor
02-05-2010, 02:07 PM
got it, thanks again