PDA

View Full Version : "Republican's, shut your mouth"...

newtothegame
02-05-2010, 04:44 AM
Quite funny actually......
Here's a thought Mary, I am telling everyone who will listen to vote against your bribery taking behind!!!!!!

Landrieu Says Republicans Should 'Shut Their Mouth'

ABC News' Z. Byron Wolf reports: Don’t mess with Mary Landrieu.

The Democratic Senator from Louisiana has had about enough of people criticizing the clause she helped put into the Senate version of health care reform and she took to the Senate floor today, giving a fiery defense of special funding for Louisiana that Republicans have derisively nicknamed “the Louisiana Purchase” – implying the language was put in to buy Landrieu’s vote.

Today on the Senate floor, Landrieu her naysayers to “keep their mouth shut.”

She pointed out that Republicans in Louisiana, including Governor Bobby Jindal and a good number of Republican Congressmen, have all asked publicly for Louisiana to be given the extra money to meet its Medicaid commitments. Read more here. (http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2010/02/landrieu-says-republicans-should-shut-their-mouth.html)

http://www.thefoxnation.com/sen-mary-landrieu/2010/02/04/landrieu-says-republicans-should-shut-their-mouth

DJofSD
02-05-2010, 08:44 AM
If she can't stand the heat she should get out of the kitchen.

newtothegame
02-05-2010, 08:58 AM
If she can't stand the heat she should get out of the kitchen.

EXACTLY...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time for a bunch of them in DC to go!!!!

Robert Goren
02-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Nothing new here. Republicans talking out of both sides of their mouths. Then when they get called on it, instead of trying to defend their words, they go after the person calling them out. In fairness I have seen some Democrats do the same thing, but the Republicans have it down to a science.

DJofSD
02-05-2010, 09:23 AM
Nothing new here. Republicans talking out of both sides of their mouths. Then when they get called on it, instead of trying to defend their words, they go after the person calling them out. In fairness I have seen some Democrats do the same thing, but the Republicans have it down to a science.
Well, that's all well and good. However, we're not talking about R's v. D's, were pointing out the fact an elected offical can not tolerate being called out.

Robert Goren
02-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Well, that's all well and good. However, we're not talking about R's v. D's, were pointing out the fact an elected offical can not tolerate being called out. I assuming you are talking about Bobby Jindal since it was he that Mary Landrieu was calling out. She is the taking the heat for doing trying to do something he wants. It is time for Gov Jindal to step up and either tell Sen Landrieu to stop or back her.

DJofSD
02-05-2010, 10:17 AM
I assuming you are talking about Bobby Jindal since it was he that Mary Landrieu was calling out. She is the taking the heat for doing trying to do something he wants. It is time for Gov Jindal to step up and either tell Sen Landrieu to stop or back her.
You have a point.

The video presented on the ABC web site leaves a lot to be desired. There's at least two edits. Additionally, it is a tight shot. Dollars to donuts, she's speaking to an empty chamber. It all comes off as protesting too much.

ArlJim78
02-05-2010, 10:56 AM
I heard Jindal comment on this this morning. There is an issue about Medicaid and Katrina and the formulae that were used by the Feds to actually bill LA a bunch of money, in his words unjustifiably. He has spoken out about it and did want it corrected on behalf of LA.

HOWEVER, he does not in any way support the healthcare bill that was proposed and voted on by Landrieu.

so yes, there was a medicaid issue that La was working on, but not as part of the healthbill, its a separate matter of business.

So it's Landrieu alone that has to answer for her vote. She's the one who voted yes with this sweetener for LA included. She is the one who miscalculated thinking that the Louisiana purchase would be popular because of all the good things it did for LA, even though the price tag included government run healthcare for the nation.

sorry lady, take your whining somewhere else. We're all stocked up here.

Robert Goren
02-05-2010, 11:14 AM
It not going to happen, if it is not part of something else. Jindal knows that or at least he should. It is case of saying one thing and wanting another. His fellow Republican using this as a reason for voting against the health care bill. He should stand up say if this reason they voting against it, then they are wrong. Then again Landrieu is grandstanding too. It will hidden away in another bill and no one will say anything about it.

ArlJim78
02-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Landrieu is being completely disingenuous. No Republicans supported the health care bill, period.

HUSKER55
02-05-2010, 01:58 PM
YOU ARE JOKING, RIGHT? WITH ALL THAT NEEDS TO GET DONE THE BEST SHE CAN DO IS NAME CALL AND OTHER KITTY BOX BS??

Tom
02-05-2010, 04:37 PM
FAIR AND BALANCED....

Great coverage this morning by Fox. The interview with Jindal was spot on and professional. Int he end, Jindal was exposed for what he is - a lying SOB who can't answer a simple question, no balls, no nothing. An empty suit full of hot air. Call him Bobby SPINdal from no won. He gets no support from me, ever, periond., We need to purge this low-level scum from the scene.

HEY LEFTIES...... I AM GOING AGAINST RUSH HERE.

For your notebooks.:D

chickenhead
02-05-2010, 04:42 PM
she should have gone with "shut your pie hole" or "shut your tater trap".

No reason this can't be fun.

Tom
02-05-2010, 04:49 PM
I'm drafting you to run, Chick! :D
Can you just imagine someone yelling at Obama at a town hall meeting "Shut your pie hole!"

newtothegame
02-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Doesnt matter if she was attempting to do what she thought the GOV or the people of the state needed. Under the 'appearance" of a bribe vote for healthcare, it ALL LOOKS BAD!!!

ArlJim78
02-05-2010, 04:58 PM
just once I want to hear someone on the house floor tell another member to shut their damn pie hole. is that asking too much?