PDA

View Full Version : Gasoline or Horses Please?

BlueShoe
02-04-2010, 08:04 PM
I think that I may have watched one too many horse races. In fact, may have watched way too many horse races. Either that, or I am finally so old that I am starting to have senior moments. Am quite sure that none of you have ever done something like this. Heres why. This is not a joke, it, I am embarrassed to say, happened. A couple of hours ago went out to get Fridays form and do a couple of errands. Did not look at the form and was not thinking about the track, at least not consciously. Last stop was to get gas. Walked up to the cashier and handed him a 20 dollar bill, and then, in a clear, calm voice, said "twenty to win on number one please". When the kid gave me a puzzled look, realized what I had said and corrected myself. If I am so far gone that I mistake gas stations for otb sites and try to get a bet down on a gasoline pump, then perhaps something is telling me that it could be time to find another pastime, and take a break from the track, maybe a very long break.

Mineshaft
02-04-2010, 08:07 PM
I think that I may have watched one too many horse races. In fact, may have watched way too many horse races. Either that, or I am finally so old that I am starting to have senior moments. Am quite sure that none of you have ever done something like this. Heres why. This is not a joke, it, I am embarrassed to say, happened. A couple of hours ago went out to get Fridays form and do a couple of errands. Did not look at the form and was not thinking about the track, at least not consciously. Last stop was to get gas. Walked up to the cashier and handed him a 20 dollar bill, and then, in a clear, calm voice, said "twenty to win on number one please". When the kid gave me a puzzled look, realized what I had said and corrected myself. If I am so far gone that I mistake gas stations for otb sites and try to get a bet down on a gasoline pump, then perhaps something is telling me that it could be time to find another pastime, and take a break from the track, maybe a very long break.

Classic..........

Horseplayersbet.com
02-04-2010, 08:26 PM
Well at least you didn't do what Rip Torn just did:
QL3KAPIJbgY

joanied
02-04-2010, 08:26 PM
blueshoe.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

letswastemoney
02-04-2010, 08:30 PM
Take up golf for a while?

andymays
02-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Don't be embarrassed as long as you bet the one pump to win. :cool: :ThmbUp:

If you would have bet the one pump to show then you should be embarrassed. :blush:

elhelmete
02-04-2010, 08:46 PM
Was this a Shell station? My car ran a 103 Beyer after using their gasoline.

Relwob Owner
02-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Thank you for making my evening....that is awesome

JustRalph
02-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Let me guess.........an hour later

You walked up to a clerk at the track and handed him a 20 and said

" 20 on pump 11"

Steve 'StatMan'
02-04-2010, 10:33 PM
I often do that to clerks at stores and even people I know selling coupon books at church, sometimes I get a laugh or a smile from them, half the time nope. Did it tonight, bought a gift card at the store and had given him the amount, and then repeated it with $200 to Win on Gift Card. He must have had a long day. Guy reminded me of the Bathroom Attendant in Let It Ride, only bushed and a bit overwhelmed. I'da thought he'd have smiled. Oh well. Tomorrow's another day.

tzipi
02-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Let me guess.........an hour later

You walked up to a clerk at the track and handed him a 20 and said

" 20 on pump 11"

:lol:

BlueShoe
02-04-2010, 11:50 PM
Don't be embarrassed as long as you bet the one pump to win.
Funny you mentioned that. Have been wondering the rest of the day how it did. Anyone have todays results from Arco Downs, or know where they are posted? As for quitting, well, I did have have a perfectly good brand new form, and I could hardly throw it away without taking at least a little peek, now could I?