PDA

View Full Version : ljb this is spin

Show Me the Wire
06-26-2003, 08:43 PM
Ljb:
This is what is called spin
Article from DRF
“Mystery' explained
The Illinois Racing Board issued a statement Thursday concerning the situation that arose here Saturday, when the horse Mystery Giver was pulled from the post parade and returned to the paddock to have weight taken from his saddle.
Mystery Giver, the heavy favorite for the Cardinal Handicap, finished second in the race, but was disqualified to ninth.
Mystery Giver's connections, owner Team Block and trainer Chris Block, were upset that Mystery Giver's pre-race routine was thrown off, and Arlington stewards launched an investigation to determine how the weight mix-up occurred. But the IRB release found no evidence of any wrongdoing.
The release said that two riders for the race after the Cardinal weighed in four pounds underweight just as the Cardinal field was headed to the racetrack.
When Mystery Giver's rider, Rene Douglas, had weighed in for the Cardinal, he needed to add four pounds. Arlington's clerk of scales realized that the scale had somehow been thrown out of balance, called the stewards, and Mystery Giver was returned to the paddock.”

If his is true meaning the scale was off 4 pounds, then every horse in Mystery Giver’s race was weighted with an additional 4 pounds. Removing 4 pounds from Mystery Giver actually gave him a 4-pound advantage, so Chris Block should be fined for complaining about his horse carrying less weight than officially listed. The nerve of him.

It also took the stewards 5 days to come to this conclusion. If the scale was truly incorrect, this simple explanation should have been explained within hours and not days,

Ljb this is truly spin covering up the actual facts, with a lame reason. I opine the weights were intentionally manipulated to have Mystery Giver carry 128 pounds, but someone squealed about the plot. The reason I believe someone squealed, to the stewards, because Block is a big name trainer and he trains for Mr. D himself. Too much clout to try chicanery against.

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

Perception is reality

Show Me the Wire
06-27-2003, 08:59 AM
Something does not smell right

More facts being reported about Mystery’s mystery. In a convoluted way the investigation admits the balancing arm was out of kilter. However, they cannot prove it was intentional, probably nobody saw anything, but they are confident the scale was correct for everyone else as Rene was the last rider on the scale. However, the State has implemented more safe guards, such as installing a mechanical guard to protect tampering with the balancing arm and that the clerk of scales has to be more observant.

What I find most intriguing is the combination of the weight fiasco and the ride by Rene. If there was chicanery in the air, Rene found a way to lose the race while carrying the “correct” weight. He was DQd for multiple infractions and this took place on his first day of riding after serving a three-day suspension. Mystery Giver broke straight enough Rene baby guided him into the trouble. All I can say the whole scenario does not pass the smell test and further investigation is necessary.

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

Perception is reality

Show Me the Wire
06-27-2003, 09:43 AM
Seems like trainer Block is not happy with the explanation either.

www.suntimes.com/output/horse/cst-spt-odnt27.html

Guys, gals and tweeners:

This situation should not be taken lightly. Arlington Park management should hear from all serious handicappers about the questionable integrity of their live product.

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

Perception is reality