PDA

View Full Version : A 'genuine' breeze for RA

joanied
02-03-2010, 02:17 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/55125/rachel-alexandra-has-first-breeze-at-fg?&utm_source=WeekInReviewNewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20100203&uid=481BA219-D701-4446-AE71-89DFF153213F

I asume most have seen this...by the way, IMO, she looks wonderful, in fine condition, in the photo...looks like she's filled out since last Sept.

I was going to post this in the thread about Z & RA...'will you be there'... but decided maybe a new thread was best so this news doesn't go un noticed within that thread...

anyway...the main reason I posted this is that it might put to rest the speculation I have read about her condition...
in other words.... she's baaaaaack:jump:

Kimsus
02-03-2010, 03:04 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/55125/rachel-alexandra-has-first-breeze-at-fg?&utm_source=WeekInReviewNewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20100203&uid=481BA219-D701-4446-AE71-89DFF153213F

I asume most have seen this...by the way, IMO, she looks wonderful, in fine condition, in the photo...looks like she's filled out since last Sept.

I was going to post this in the thread about Z & RA...'will you be there'... but decided maybe a new thread was best so this news doesn't go un noticed within that thread...

anyway...the main reason I posted this is that it might put to rest the speculation I have read about her condition...
in other words.... she's baaaaaack:jump:

Joanied, I don't think anyone is questioning her condition per say...however what is being questioned is what her competitive state will be off of a probable 8-9 month layoff? Granted no one knows if she has actually improved from ages 3-4 or perhaps even regressed, I think we can both agree after the year she had last year, the expectations will be high and when expectations are high, usually horses fail to live up to those expectations. It is simply unrealistic to deduce this from 1 picture on bloodhorse.com.

tzipi
02-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Joanied, I don't think anyone is questioning her condition per say...however what is being questioned is what her competitive state will be off of a probable 8-9 month layoff?

So now you know Rachel Alexander will work out for 5 months before racing in June? Ha cmon. June you say?

Did you post like crazy when Zenyatta was off for 7 months last year? Rachel has only been off for 5 months during the winter. Hmmm

PaceAdvantage
02-03-2010, 03:21 PM
So now you know Rachel Alexander will work out for 5 months before racing in June? Ha cmon. June you say?

Did you post like crazy when Zenyatta was off for 7 months last year? Rachel has only been off for 5 months during the winter. HmmmSeriously...chill...there was no need for this kind of aggressive, confrontational response...enough...

Do we seriously need another thread where you go back and forth with Kimsus? I know I don't need it...so take that as a hint.

tzipi
02-03-2010, 03:36 PM
Seriously...chill...there was no need for this kind of aggressive, confrontational response...enough...

Do we seriously need another thread where you go back and forth with Kimsus? I know I don't need it...so take that as a hint.

I wasn't being confrontational. Aggressive? Don't tell me how I am I posting. That's insane. Oh you know I'm all mad in front of my comp now typing agressively at Kimsus?? I wasn't. I was just having a bit of fun with Kimsus. WE HAVE BOTH talked about our debates. I don't dislike Kimsus at all and have said that. I just disagree with the RA posts. Where was I being mean? I just get on Kimsus because he picks on Rachels workout and time off.
He also goes at me. I always had a bit of fun debating. Guess no more.
Kimsus pointed out that she will not run till about June. First time I've hard him say that. I was saying now you know you are saying she wont run till June? Geez. Sorry I wrote a horrible aggresive post attacking someone.

Ok for now on I wont have a little fun and debate with Kimsus on things or especially on RA. Also PA why jus this thread. TONS of posters go back and forth on recent threads and I haven't seen you call them out. Just me,ok.
Again sorry about the post back to Kimsus. Will not respond to anymore or debate any more posts of his.

"Chill" I was chill!

tzipi
02-03-2010, 03:50 PM
To Kimsus. If my post was aggressive or mean,etc I apologize. I dont know how it was? I wasn't mad at all or even remotely being aggresive in front of my computer. As I have said to you before, I enjoy the debates and the fun. Just disagree on most things with RA :) Much respect.

So I will say this. If you know RA will not run till June, ok cool. Hey you can say she will not run till Sept this year. Wont get a debate on it out of me :D
Have a good one Kimsus. Again I apologize for my post above to you.

TJDave
02-03-2010, 05:46 PM
"Rachel Alexandra’s training had been compromised due to the wet weather in New Orleans, according to majority owner Jess Jackson, and a possible showdown against Zenyatta in the April 3 Apple Blossom (gr. I) at Oaklawn seems highly unlikely at this point."

Two months. Don't know why Asmussen couldn't have her ready.

Kimsus
02-03-2010, 05:48 PM
To Kimsus. If my post was aggressive or mean,etc I apologize. I dont know how it was? I wasn't mad at all or even remotely being aggresive in front of my computer. As I have said to you before, I enjoy the debates and the fun. Just disagree on most things with RA :) Much respect.

So I will say this. If you know RA will not run till June, ok cool. Hey you can say she will not run till Sept this year. Wont get a debate on it out of me :D
Have a good one Kimsus. Again I apologize for my post above to you.

Tzipi, I appreciate the explanation. Knowing our previous exchanges I didn't take it in a negative manner. We simply don't agree and that's okay, I think PA is trying to keep the discussions civil here and not knowing that we know each others style of writing may have thought we were just being idiots...Really I have no ill feelings to anyone here, even with Fencedbored and his completely opposite viewpoints than mine that I think may try to provoke discussion. It's all good...By the way let me clarify one point of contention, I never said Rachel will start racing in June, but she may reappear in a 8-9 month layoff, she last raced on Sept 5 which means she will have been away 6 months on Feb 5th. Do the quick math and that is Apr-May.

Kimsus
02-03-2010, 05:52 PM
"Rachel Alexandra’s training had been compromised due to the wet weather in New Orleans, according to majority owner Jess Jackson, and a possible showdown against Zenyatta in the April 3 Apple Blossom (gr. I) at Oaklawn seems highly unlikely at this point."

Two months. Don't know why Asmussen couldn't have her ready.

Is this a surprise?

PaceAdvantage
02-03-2010, 07:49 PM
This was supposed to be a thread about Rachel's work...not another tzipi vs. kimsus show....

PaceAdvantage
02-03-2010, 07:57 PM
I wasn't being confrontational.Yes you were.Aggressive?Yes.Don't tell me how I am I posting.I most certainly will when I feel it appropriate.That's insane.No it's not.Oh you know I'm all mad in front of my comp now typing agressively at Kimsus??What are you, five-years-old?I was just having a bit of fun with Kimsus.Your kind of fun once or twice is cool. Repeated a million times = not so fun anymore.I just disagree with the RA posts.You've made that abundantly clear.Where was I being mean?Never said you were mean.Guess no more.Right. That's what I typed. No more debate. Is that what I typed? Again, what are you, five-years-old?Kimsus pointed out that she will not run till about June.He said 8-9 months. Eight months from last September is April. I expect RA to start no earlier than April as well.Ok for now on I wont have a little fun and debate with Kimsus on things or especially on RA. Also PA why jus this thread. TONS of posters go back and forth on recent threads and I haven't seen you call them out. Just me,ok.
Again sorry about the post back to Kimsus. Will not respond to anymore or debate any more posts of his.:rolleyes:

tzipi
02-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Yes you were.Yes.I most certainly will when I feel it appropriate.No it's not.What are you, five-years-old?Your kind of fun once or twice is cool. Repeated a million times = not so fun anymore.You've made that abundantly clear.Never said you were mean.Right. That's what I typed. No more debate. Is that what I typed? Again, what are you, five-years-old?He said 8-9 months. Eight months from last September is April. I expect RA to start no earlier than April as well.:rolleyes:

"What are you five years old?" "I dont need this...take this as a hint" What? What did I say or do??? That's pretty rude.
I have no idea what your problem is with me. In ONE thread me and Kimsus had a debate back and forth or Rachel. There was:
1)No cursing eachother out
2)No hurtful words

Just playful debating in which we said at the end good debate. Hey no hard feelings. We disgaree and it was fun. I saw he said Rachel will probably not run for 8 or 9 months(June)I was counting off from Oct. I totally disagree and said that in a non curse,non threatning post. What the big deal??
Funny there's a thread here were guys are going back an forth for PAGES and there was CURSING and people telling eachother to "SHOVE IT!" You said nothing to them like I just got but a delete and said hey hey guys play nice. But I get called out on the board as a "child" for one debate in a thread with someone that I have fun debates with and with no curses or threatning posts. Why no call outs on the other million back and forth threads and some with curses and harsh words?

Sorry I questioned Kimsus on RA first start. It was a new thing he said the 8-9 months. Again, I am sorry I had a bit of a debate on here.
So I apologize for having a back and forth debate. I apologize for bothering you with having to read it. I apologize for being" a five yr old" etc. That's all I can say. Just seems so weird. But whatever.

Also sorry to Joanied for kinda screwing up your thread. Wasn't my intention at all. :)

tzipi
02-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Tzipi, I appreciate the explanation. Knowing our previous exchanges I didn't take it in a negative manner. We simply don't agree and that's okay, I think PA is trying to keep the discussions civil here and not knowing that we know each others style of writing may have thought we were just being idiots...Really I have no ill feelings to anyone here, even with Fencedbored and his completely opposite viewpoints than mine that I think may try to provoke discussion. It's all good...By the way let me clarify one point of contention, I never said Rachel will start racing in June, but she may reappear in a 8-9 month layoff, she last raced on Sept 5 which means she will have been away 6 months on Feb 5th. Do the quick math and that is Apr-May.

I'm sorry about May you said. I was just counting into off of Sept into Oct then 9 months on. Hey if it's late April orMay,that's cool. I hope a little earlier like early April,but hey I'll prob be wrong :) I'll just leave it with I hope she runs well and stays safe. Have a great one ;)

PaceAdvantage
02-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Maybe it's me. Maybe I just suck-ass as a moderator.

Maybe everyone here really wants to read about you and Kimsus debate Rachel vs. Zenyatta in yet another thread. I don't know. Maybe we should start a poll. :rolleyes:

Dahoss9698
02-03-2010, 08:25 PM

Maybe everyone here really wants to read about you and Kimsus debate Rachel vs. Zenyatta in yet another thread. I don't know. Maybe we should start a poll. :rolleyes:

It's not just you.

tzipi
02-03-2010, 08:30 PM

What is your problem with me! I APOLOGIZED for the debating already. I'm sorry I ruined the board or thread or your reading,etc. Jesus. We debated back in forth in like one thread about RA. It wasn't even like 10-20+ pages like some I read here with curses and nothing said from you about them.

You are calling me out for a thread debate with a person with no cursing,threatening words,etc. There's a MILLION of these on here with worse said but you're all over me?
I'M SORRY! Jesus. I don't get this at all. If you want kick me off of the PA forum if it makes you feel better or better for the board. I don't know what else to say :confused:

PaceAdvantage
02-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Wow.

(although the "if you want to kick me off" martyr comment wasn't totally unexpected.)

Let it go tzipi...I already have...hell, I even called myself a "suck-ass moderator."

What more do you want, other than the last word?

tzipi
02-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Wow.

(although the "if you want to kick me off" martyr comment wasn't totally unexpected.)

Let it go tzipi...I already have...hell, I even called myself a "suck-ass moderator."

What more do you want, other than the last word?

Geez Pace. I wasn't being a martyr. Just so confused. That's all. Enjoy your night. Have a good one and a lucky tomorrow if your playing :ThmbUp:

Kimsus
02-03-2010, 09:10 PM
http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2001/09/24/mn_chimps2.jpg

Kimsus
02-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Well I thought it was funny. :)

tzipi
02-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Well I thought it was funny. :)

:D

joanied
02-04-2010, 10:20 AM
Joanied, I don't think anyone is questioning her condition per say...however what is being questioned is what her competitive state will be off of a probable 8-9 month layoff? Granted no one knows if she has actually improved from ages 3-4 or perhaps even regressed, I think we can both agree after the year she had last year, the expectations will be high and when expectations are high, usually horses fail to live up to those expectations. It is simply unrealistic to deduce this from 1 picture on bloodhorse.com.

Well, there has been some speculation as to whether or not something may be 'off' with Rachel, folks wondering why she hasn't had a good breeze yet...and now we know she's (finally) back in serious training.
IMO, really good horses, like Rachel, will always have that competitive spirit, whether a lay off is 2 months or 8 months...and sure, expectations will be high, same with any good one coming back...time will answer all those types of questions...
and...I'm sure not trying to 'deduce' anything from one photo on bloodhorse.com...I simply said she looks good and seems to have filled out a little.

Kimsus
02-04-2010, 10:32 AM
Well, there has been some speculation as to whether or not something may be 'off' with Rachel, folks wondering why she hasn't had a good breeze yet...and now we know she's (finally) back in serious training.
IMO, really good horses, like Rachel, will always have that competitive spirit, whether a lay off is 2 months or 8 months...and sure, expectations will be high, same with any good one coming back...time will answer all those types of questions...
and...I'm sure not trying to 'deduce' anything from one photo on bloodhorse.com...I simply said she looks good and seems to have filled out a little.

I agree with the part "she looks good from a pictorial viewpoint". No argument from me she's a nice looking horse.

joanied
02-04-2010, 11:43 AM
I agree with the part "she looks good from a pictorial viewpoint". No argument from me she's a nice looking horse.

My point being she looks to have filled out, matured in her physical appearance.
And indeed...she's a fine looking mare.
:) :) :)