PDA

View Full Version : Jawbreaker by Gary Bernsten

46zilzal
02-03-2010, 01:43 PM
In his 2005 book, Jawbreaker, he alleges that Osama bin Laden could have been captured at Tora Bora if the US military (specifically United States Central Command) had devoted more resources to the operation. This claim gained substantial traction due to a Senate Report on the circumstances of bin Laden's escape. According to both Berntsen's account and the Senate Committee's report, "Bin Laden and bodyguards walked unmolested out of Tora Bora and disappeared into Pakistan's unregulated tribal area." Berntsen insists this would have been stopped by a US military presence on the Afghan-Pak border, instead of a reliance on corrupt local warlords."

And this guy was a BUSHIE and still reported this

johnhannibalsmith
02-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Thank heavens he got away or we may have subjected him to a horrific episode of waterboarding under that oppressive Bush regime.

46zilzal
02-03-2010, 02:44 PM
then there wouldn't be any BOOGEY man to take away from attention on the OIL pipeline proposed to go through there.

boxcar
02-03-2010, 02:53 PM
then there wouldn't be any BOOGEY man to take away from attention on the OIL pipeline proposed to go through there.

Hey, do you know if that pipeline runs straight through to Bush's little hacienda in Texas?

Boxcar

46zilzal
02-03-2010, 02:57 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Afghanistan_Pipeline

The original project started in March 1995 when an inaugural memorandum of understanding between the governments of Turkmenistan and Pakistan for a pipeline project was signed. In August 1996, the Central Asia Gas Pipeline, Ltd. (CentGas) consortium for construction of a pipeline, led by U.S. oil company, Unocal was formed. On 27 October 1997, CentGas was incorporated in formal signing ceremonies in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan by several international oil companies along with the Government of Turkmenistan. In January 1998, the Taliban, selecting CentGas over Argentinian competitor Bridas Corporation, signed an agreement that allowed the proposed project to proceed. In June 1998, Russian Gazprom relinquished its 10% stake in the project. Unocal withdrew from the consortium on 8 December 1998.

The new deal on the pipeline was signed on 27 December 2002 by the leaders of Turkmenistan, Afghanistan and Pakistan. In 2005, the Asian Development Bank submitted the final version of a feasibility study designed by British company Penspen. ‘Since the US-led offensive that ousted the Taliban from power,’ reported Forbes in 2005, "the project has been revived and drawn strong US support" as it would allow the Central Asian republics to export energy to Western markets "without relying on Russian routes". Then-US Ambassador to Turkmenistan Ann Jacobsen noted that: "We are seriously looking at the project, and it is quite possible that American companies will join it." Due to increasing instability, the project has essentially stalled; construction of the Turkmen part was supposed to start in 2006, but the overall feasibility is questionable since the southern part of the Afghan section runs through territory which has continues to be under de facto Taliban control

And guess who the PREZ of the Afghans worked for?

This has been in the works a very long time otherwise why would ANYONE need to stay in that place and fight anyone? FOLLOW THE MONEY and you see why YOUNG men DIE FOR NOTHING but to support cerebral atherosclerotic ass holes.

bigmack
02-03-2010, 02:57 PM
In other news from 2005, The Houston Astros almost won the world series had it not been for the Chicago White Sox sweeping the series.

Stay tuned for more, Missed Opportunities of 2005!

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/tv_video-08.gif

Tom
02-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Had Clinton taken him out one of the several times he had the opportunity, it would have been a moot point. If 46 had done any REAL research into this, he would have known that using those "corrupt" people were how we took out the Taliban so easily, and that everything was in place to grab OBL right up until the last hour when they reneged and turned on us. Putting a massive armed force into play would have not garrenteed his capture but it would have put thousands in real danger in that terrain.

so zilly, why are we still there? After one year, the Messiah has not pulled uot. Wassup wit dat?

46zilzal
02-03-2010, 03:11 PM
As per usual, I read the book and commented on what I DISCOVERED a man who was right there told the world.

46zilzal
02-03-2010, 03:49 PM
In the works a long time back and that is why young men are being sacrificed yet again. Not for any NOBLE cause, but for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/oil.html

boxcar
02-03-2010, 04:04 PM
In the works a long time back and that is why young men are being sacrificed yet again. Not for any NOBLE cause, but for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Have you emailed BO on this demanding why he, evidently, doesn't see things the way you do?

Boxcar
And it isn't because both of you aren't loony. This you have in common. It's because you and BO simply occupy different wards in the asylum.

johnhannibalsmith
02-03-2010, 04:06 PM

Please don't ruin my perception of the history of war being about a series of utterly noble causes.

rastajenk
02-03-2010, 04:15 PM
According to both Berntsen's account and the Senate Committee's report, "Bin Laden and bodyguards walked unmolested out of Tora Bora and disappeared into Pakistan's unregulated tribal area."Really? Has anyone actually seen him since then? It may be true that that is in accounts and reports, but since he hasn't been seen since, why should it be accepted at face value?

46zilzal
02-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Really? Has anyone actually seen him since then? It may be true that that is in accounts and reports, but since he hasn't been seen since, why should it be accepted at face value?
If you had the bounty he has I don' think we would see you much either.

rastajenk
02-03-2010, 04:21 PM
I think you'd see me served up on a platter, garnished, with an apple stuffed in ma mouf. I got no friends that wouldn't sell me out for that kind of jack. :D

JustRalph
02-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Clinton passed on Osama 11 times according to the CIA..........all prior to 911

never, forget it................

PaceAdvantage
02-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Osama probably had naked pictures of Clinton, given ol' Bill's reputation...that may explain things...

Warren Henry
02-03-2010, 06:35 PM
If you had the bounty he has I don' think we would see you much either.
Maybe he no longer exists. Hard to collect the bounty if he is already in the ground.

mostpost
02-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Clinton passed on Osama 11 times according to the CIA..........all prior to 911

never, forget it................
Really? Do you have any evidence from a credible source to support this? Someone on a blog saying "my sources tell me" is not a credible source. If you can show me a specific CIA official saying this, I would still want to know the details of the events.
In researching this on my own I came across a few facts which are ignored by the people making these claims. Prior to the Embassy bombings in 1998 Bin Laden was considered as more a financier of terrorism rather than a planner of events. There was suspicion that he was involved in the first WTC bombing and capturing or killing him was certainly a priority. However the international climate was very different from what it was to become after 9/11.
There were a few instances prior to 1998 when Clinton received intelligence that Bin Laden was going to be in an Afghanstan village along with 200 women and children.
The intelligence was not considered to be especially reliable and Clinton chose not to sacrifice 200 women and children for what he called a 50% chance of killing Bin Laden. I'm sure some here would have made the opposite decision.
Shortly after Clinton left office the story began going around that he had failed to act on an offer by the Sudanese government to arrest Bin Laden and turn him over to US authorities. Two things wrong with the story. According to the 9/11 commission the Sudanese never made the offer. Clinton tried very hard to have Sudan deport Bin Laden to Saudi Arabia and Sudan finally agreed to deport him. However Saudi Arabia refused to take him in and he ended up in Afghanistan. We know the rest.
Finally, after the Embassy Bombings, Clinton received intelligence that Bin Laden and his top lieutenants would be at a meeting at one of his Afghanistan camps on Aug 20, 1998. Plans were made to attack the meeting with Cruise missiles. The attack was successful in that many Al Qaeda leader were killed, but Bin Laden was not there.
Now, of course, Republican leaders backed the plan and praised Clinton for his actions. WRONG!!!!!!!! He was accused of "Wag The Dog" and trying to divert attention from the Lewinsky scandal. Senators like Ashcroft and Coats made the claim, and of course Rush ran with it and ran and ran.

Tom
02-03-2010, 10:16 PM
:rolleyes: mostie, comeback to earth.....

boxcar
02-03-2010, 11:23 PM
:rolleyes: mostie, comeback to earth.....

That's impossible because he's never been here.

Boxcar

Robert Goren
02-03-2010, 11:49 PM
The Aug 20th 1998 attempt was well reported in the press at the time. They reportedly missed him by 2 hours. The foolish remarks by several republicans in congress was also reported. I am sure they wish now that they had never made them. As for this idea that he is dead, I am sorry to say that is wishful thinking. We just received another tape from him in January.

JustRalph
02-04-2010, 12:18 AM
http://www.infowars.com/saved%20pages/Prior_Knowledge/Clinton_let_bin_laden.htm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4540958/

From the above link:

"NBC News has obtained, exclusively, extraordinary secret video, shot by the U.S. government. It illustrates an enormous opportunity the Clinton administration had to kill or capture bin Laden. Critics call it a missed opportunity.

In the fall of 2000, in Afghanistan, unmanned, unarmed spy planes called Predators flew over known al-Qaida training camps. The pictures that were transmitted live to CIA headquarters show al-Qaida terrorists firing at targets, conducting military drills and then scattering on cue through the desert.

Also, that fall, the Predator captured even more extraordinary pictures — a tall figure in flowing white robes. Many intelligence analysts believed then and now it is bin Laden.

Why does U.S. intelligence believe it was bin Laden? NBC showed the video to William Arkin, a former intelligence officer and now military analyst for NBC. “You see a tall man…. You see him surrounded by or at least protected by a group of guards.”

Bin Laden is 6 foot 5. The man in the video clearly towers over those around him and seems to be treated with great deference.

The tape proves the Clinton administration was aggressively tracking al-Qaida a year before 9/11. But that also raises one enormous question: If the U.S. government had bin Laden and the camps in its sights in real time, why was no action taken against them?

“We were not prepared to take the military action necessary,” said retired Gen. Wayne Downing, who ran counter-terror efforts for the current Bush administration and is now an NBC analyst.

“We should have had strike forces prepared to go in and react to this intelligence, certainly cruise missiles — either air- or sea-launched — very, very accurate, could have gone in and hit those targets,” Downing added.

Gary Schroen, a former CIA station chief in Pakistan, says the White House required the CIA to attempt to capture bin Laden alive, rather than kill him.

What impact did the wording of the orders have on the CIA’s ability to get bin Laden? “It reduced the odds from, say, a 50 percent chance down to, say, 25 percent chance that we were going to be able to get him,” said Schroen.

A Democratic member of the 9/11 commission says there was a larger issue: The Clinton administration treated bin Laden as a law enforcement problem."

From an Interview with this author:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0895260743/ref=nosim/nationalreviewon

"Three times, Clinton hesitated or deferred in ordering missile strikes against bin Laden in 1999 and 2000."

Read the interview here:
http://www.nationalreview.com/interrogatory/interrogatory091103b.asp

There is more out there...........treating terrorists like common criminals is a mistake........no matter how you cut it or apologize for it