PDA

View Full Version : WOW this administration....

newtothegame
02-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Considered to be the party of the "downtrodden", "the helpless", "the poor"...they sure have a bad choice of words....Or, is this their real feelings coming out? Begs a question to be answered.......

Obama's Chief of Staff Sorry for 'Retarded' Remark

Tuesday, 02 Feb 2010 06:31 PM
Article Font Size http://newsmax.com/App_Themes/NewsmaxVideo/Images/plus.jpg (javascript:increaseFontSize();) http://newsmax.com/App_Themes/NewsmaxVideo/Images/minus.jpg (javascript:decreaseFontSize();)

President Barack Obama's tart-tongued chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, has apologized for using the word "retarded" to describe liberal activists whose tactics on health care he questioned.

Emanuel made the apology last week in a phone call to Tim Shriver, CEO of the Special Olympics, the White House said Tuesday.

The apology followed a Wall Street Journal account of a private White House meeting involving liberal groups and administration officials. In it, Emanuel reportedly grew exasperated at plans by some groups to run ads against Democratic lawmakers who were balking at Obama's health overhaul.

"The White House remains committed to addressing the concerns and needs of Americans living with disabilities and recognizes that derogatory remarks demean us all," a White House statement said.

Emanuel's call wasn't the first time Shriver got an Obama administration apology. The president himself telephoned in March after telling Jay Leno on the "Tonight Show" how awful his bowling scores were. "It was like the Special Olympics or something," Obama said.

In a posting on her Facebook page Monday, former GOP vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin called on Obama to fire Emanuel. Palin, whose son Trig suffers from Down syndrome, said Emanuel's language was "heartbreaking" and a "slur on all God's children."

http://newsmax.com/InsideCover/US-Emanuel-Disabled/2010/02/02/id/348777

chickenhead
02-03-2010, 12:36 AM
I guess this might be our first example of bipartisanship -- the loony left leaking something designed to make Rahm Emanuel look bad, the loony right jumping on it and calling for him to be fired over it.

Everyone is working together, great success!

(whoops, I guess I shouldn't have said loony, thats making fun of crazy people.)

ArlJim78
02-03-2010, 05:43 AM
I like how Instapundit captioned the story,

"RAHM EMANUEL COMPARES DEMOCRATS TO RETARDED PEOPLE, then apologizes to retarded people."

GaryG
02-03-2010, 09:14 AM
I hope they keep Rahm and let him talk as much as he wants. This guy is such a loose cannon that he will be an asset to the opposition. The radical left is supposed to be peace and love and all, but look at the venon dripping from MSNBC. Not to mention our resident venomous liberal Hcap.

Tom
02-03-2010, 10:04 AM

"RAHM EMANUEL COMPARES DEMOCRATS TO RETARDED PEOPLE, then apologizes to retarded people."

Priceless!:lol:

johnhannibalsmith
02-03-2010, 10:48 AM
I guess if I was "challenged" or whatever I'd be a bit more sensitive too, but really, I don't get the big issue. The guy says "retarded" when he wants to make a reference to something he deems unintelligent. Twenty years from now, we'll be getting chastised for using the word "challenged". I doubt Rahm Emmanuel has it in for "less fortunate" "challenged" "developmentally disabled" children or is even insensitive to their plight, the man just used a word in a way that 9.4235 out of 10 people that I grew up with used in the same manner from time to time.

Apologizing for the comment is good form, but calling for his head over it is just plain absurd.

PaceAdvantage
02-03-2010, 10:53 AM
The left doesn't care one bit what words this guy uses...they all get passes on their "gaffes." Rahm could go "Michael Richards" on Obama himself and still all would be forgiven the next day...

But God-forbid a guy like Imus (a guy with ZERO real power) slips up or makes what he thinks is a joke...AND BAM....it's the end of the world...

It's all bullshit.

chickenhead
02-03-2010, 10:57 AM

that is pretty classic :lol:

johnhannibalsmith
02-03-2010, 11:04 AM
The left doesn't care one bit what words this guy uses...they all get passes on their "gaffes." Rahm could go "Michael Richards" on Obama himself and still all would be forgiven the next day...

But God-forbid a guy like Imus (a guy with ZERO real power) slips up or makes what he thinks is a joke...AND BAM....it's the end of the world...

It's all bullshit.

This is the outrageous part - the double-standard. These guys do hold the universe's feet to the fire whenever they can for conveniently similar slip-ups, but I can't justify applying the same idiotic standard to them. Show a little common sense and then when it's their turn, expect the same and use your own precedent.

jballscalls
02-03-2010, 12:54 PM

It's all bullshit.

does the right not give passes to the right for gaffe's?? Rush has had gaffe's galore, yet most on the right still love him. Bush jr was a gaffe a day, yet many righties still love him. i mean the list goes on and on, on both sides. Sean Hannity gets caught doctoring tape, eh no biggie, he's still part of the most trusted team in news. :)

both sides have such hypocrisy when it comes to their side, it's so sad, but people for some reason feel they have to be loyal to their side, even if in their hearts they know it's wrong.

boxcar
02-03-2010, 01:19 PM
does the right not give passes to the right for gaffe's?? Rush has had gaffe's galore, yet most on the right still love him. Bush jr was a gaffe a day, yet many righties still love him. i mean the list goes on and on, on both sides. Sean Hannity gets caught doctoring tape, eh no biggie, he's still part of the most trusted team in news. :)

both sides have such hypocrisy when it comes to their side, it's so sad, but people for some reason feel they have to be loyal to their side, even if in their hearts they know it's wrong.

You missed the point. The mainstream media always give "passes" to the left for their gaffe's but never to the right for theirs. For example, if Bush had claimed that there are 57 states in the Union, that little gaffe would have made the front pages of virtually every newspaper in the nation; but with BO if it was reported at all, it was buried in small print somewhere inside.

Re Sean Hannity: You say he got caught? So, then you have the proof that he doctored the tape? Do you have him on tape doing the dastardly deed? Is it on YouTube? No? Then what proof do you have?

Boxcar

ArlJim78
02-03-2010, 02:04 PM
I like how the only comparison people can come up with is to compare elected government officials of the left with entertainers and pundits on the right.

If we're going to include the latter category then you have to bring in the nightly offensive and insulting diatribes of Matthews (I forgot for an hour that he was black), Olbermman (teabaggers are racist), Schultz, etc, etc.

a gaffe is when you mangle the language like Bush did. The stuff that comes from this bunch in Washington are not gaffes. They're insults.

Pell Mell
02-03-2010, 02:11 PM
Did someone say a mechanic at an auto dealer was fired because he told a customer his timing was retarded?

JBmadera
02-03-2010, 02:12 PM
I hope they keep Rahm and let him talk as much as he wants. This guy is such a loose cannon that he will be an asset to the opposition. The radical left is supposed to be peace and love and all, but look at the venon dripping from MSNBC. Not to mention our resident venomous liberal Hcap.

exactly! best resource the GOP has.....add in that idiot LaHood!

JB

johnhannibalsmith
02-03-2010, 02:39 PM

I can't believe that I read this line twice in this thread before the humor really dawned on me. I must be getting re... a little slow on the pickup.

boxcar
02-03-2010, 02:58 PM
At least Rahm got the apology part right. :jump: :jump:

Boxcar

skate
02-04-2010, 04:54 PM
This is the outrageous part - the double-standard. These guys do hold the universe's feet to the fire whenever they can for conveniently similar slip-ups, but I can't justify applying the same idiotic standard to them. Show a little common sense and then when it's their turn, expect the same and use your own precedent.

Sure, good point but lots are thinking that "apply according to rules"should at least go two ways.

This thing has gone Way beyond "conveniently SIMILAR slip-ups"., not even close...

And i'll admit, it's gone so far, IT takes " being silly" to recover, not good.