PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday at Aqueduct

cees with dees
02-02-2010, 08:17 PM
The first race is one of the most interesting races I've ever evaluated.
I went back to reread the condition and this is a starter handicap for gray or roan horses that have started for a tag between 2007 and 2010.
At first glance it looks like Unbridled Danger is in relatively the same company he's been facing unsuccessfully for the last three years but as I went through the company lines of the field, he just towers over these.
My problem is that he has been mismanaged and subsequently winless a long time. And now that he's found a competitive spot, will this nonsense trainer have him ready to roll??
Only two other contenders. One being a mare against the boys and the other, Platinum Couple is widest in quick run to the first turn.
I'm going to bet Unbridled Danger but will use extreme caution in doing so and will certainly not take him at anything less than 5/2, Rest of card looks good and will comment later.
Ben

cees with dees
02-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Race 2-Quiescent Hit drops in for a tag after tough start and trip in last. Chuckie should have him on the engine and appears quick enough to clear.
Forty Prayers will be overbet in this spot, isn't much and I hate the trainer. Looking to beat this one especially if a short price.
Themanintheglass is tough to get a read on but Dominguez winds up here. Tough to like a horse that Pletcher is giving up on so early.
Calvello is the right longshot here who turning back, could pick up all the pieces if the race melts down.
Race 3- Musicstesmefree should be the inside speed and with the drop, should go a long way.
Centrina comes back fresh removing the blinkers and should be rolling late.
Race 4- Gatto Nero gets the vote in weak field. A repeat of her last which was her first for Charlton Baker, gets it done here.
Only threat appears to be August Bay who is the only stranger and unproven loser in the group. Working well for very low profile connections and must use on that alone.
Race 5- is my best bet of the day. Gimmeanotherwink drops and stretches out and should get a good trip from just off the pace which will be controlled by Caldron who is a real garbage can.
Lots of other speed signed on as well and no true closer with any kind of ability.
Race 6- Only A Vision gets a fast track today with the return at the bottom where she has shown remarkable consistency. Should easily be in front of the plodding Baroness and get the first run on lots of quitting speed.
Race 7- I'm passing here.
Race 8- Dr W is the best horse quality wise by far and should be able to clear the front before the first turn. Catch him if you can.
Race 9- Suttle Rich should go down the road here with the stretchout, inside draw and Chuckie Lopez. Will be screaming :"Where's the wire" the last quarter mile.
Coaltown Legend finds easiest spot in a while while third off the layoff. Barn doesn't win much but Feron is certainly capable as is David Cohen.
Good luck to all.
Ben

Marshall Bennett
02-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Early Pick 4 : 1,2,7 / 1,2,4,5,6,7 / 3 / 3,6,7 @$54

Late Pick 4 : 1,3,5,6,9 / 6 / 6,7 / 2,5,6,7,9 @$50

46zilzal
02-03-2010, 12:23 PM
opener has NO value as the :5:, probably too far back has to be the key in all exotics and everyone from Pocatello Idaho East will have him keyed. He could however run 2nd with a bit of bad luck chasing the :6: and :7: while :1: and :3: close with him.

The :1: has run at far faster pace times than the favorite however.

46zilzal
02-03-2010, 12:33 PM
opener has NO value as the :5:, probably too far back has to be the key in all exotics and everyone from Pocatello Idaho East will have him keyed. He could however run 2nd with a bit of bad luck chasing the :6: and :7: while :1: and :3: close with him.

The :1: has run at far faster pace times than the favorite however.
6/5/1? trifecta $224.90 well what do you know about that??

46zilzal
02-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Illogical 2nd with only the :2: and :7: showing anything

46zilzal
02-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Key :3: in the 5th with a pace pooper :4: and late with :6: :7: :8:

46zilzal
02-03-2010, 02:28 PM
Key :3: in the 5th with a pace pooper :4: and late with :6: :7: :8:
3/6/7/4/8

46zilzal
02-03-2010, 03:21 PM
7th is a field full of closers and the only speed horse is going to come down!!