PDA

View Full Version : Lookin at Lucky nominated to UAE Derby?

FenceBored
02-02-2010, 08:11 AM
Surely, they don't actually intend to ship him over for it, do they?

toussaud
02-02-2010, 08:17 AM
might as well. it's the only 2 million dollar derby he has a chance at winning

andymays
02-02-2010, 08:18 AM
They might have a huge offer for to buy him. It could also be that Baffert isn't is high on him as he says and if the price is right.....................

WinterTriangle
02-02-2010, 03:45 PM
Looks like they are spreading out to get the best possible shot at winnings this year.

It's always a question for me since they are DRUG FREE there. And the cast of horses that will be coming to this will be seriously world class.

In the past, american speed seemed to do well and LAL has some experience.

However, what kind of runner does tapeta (in very hot weather) favor? I read some stats that said closers.

Smart Strikes do well at Presque Isle, but not so much at Golden Gate, where Victory Gallops and Unusual Heats seem to do very well.

LAL has never run on Tapeta.......

Linny
02-03-2010, 08:50 AM
He's not likely to go, it's more of a "keeping options open" thing. I think that before Feb 1 nomination is free, after Feb 1 there is a fee.

BTW, where is LAL? He hasn't worked since the 16th of Jan?

FenceBored
02-03-2010, 08:57 AM
He's not likely to go, it's more of a "keeping options open" thing. I think that before Feb 1 nomination is free, after Feb 1 there is a fee.

BTW, where is LAL? He hasn't worked since the 16th of Jan?

Champion 2-year-old Lookin At Lucky returned to the racetrack at Santa Anita on Tuesday after being given the weekend off because of a slight illness, trainer Bob Baffert said.
-- http://www.drf.com/news/article/110529.html

Kimsus
02-03-2010, 11:51 AM
Surely, they don't actually intend to ship him over for it, do they?

You're busy today, Lookin At Lucky? I'm marking that one in my Outlook calendar right there next to The Jonus Bros. concert... :lol:

FenceBored
02-03-2010, 11:54 AM
You're busy today, Lookin At Lucky? I'm marking that one in my Outlook calendar right there next to The Jonus Bros. concert... :lol:

Now, why doesn't that suprise me? :confused:

Bobby Seller
02-03-2010, 12:38 PM
He's not likely to go, it's more of a "keeping options open" thing.

Exactly.

There is absolutely no reason a manager shouldn't thoroughly consider all the pros and cons.

The type, in general, who superficially calls for an expert analysis of available options, rather than the apparent leaders of the crop (like LAL), are horses like William's Kitten. Not necessarily elite, subject to race shape development, appreciates a variety of surfaces and consistently contends for a minor placing.

Looking for cases where relatively advantageous chances for earnings and group earnings out-weigh travel demands.