PDA

View Full Version : Horse Barred From Entering Harness Race For Bouncing

Horseplayersbet.com
02-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Imagine if this went on in thoroughbred racing:
http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/news/1-26-10/orc-rules-smith-appeal.html#comment-11978

Trotman
02-01-2010, 01:52 PM
If you had done a little research before posting, what has gone on in the past with Mr. Smith and WEG would make the Michael Gill thread seem small. WEG is doing all things in their power to keep the racing on their tracks on the up and up.

Horseplayersbet.com
02-01-2010, 02:06 PM
If you had done a little research before posting, what has gone on in the past with Mr. Smith and WEG would make the Michael Gill thread seem small. WEG is doing all things in their power to keep the racing on their tracks on the up and up.
However, the Commission is saying it is nothing personal, and just has to do with this particular horse.

wisconsin
02-01-2010, 02:27 PM
A related story of my own:

Back in the '70's, my dad owned some harness pacers, and also had some inside information. He has told this story on occasion. I don't know the names involved since I was just a kid, but they sent a horse form Sportsman's to the Meadowlands, and about a dozen guys flew in to bet him as well, including my dad. Well, the horse was stiffed all summer long in Chicago, and then won going away in some NJ stakes race. After the race, somebody important came over to the trainer and refused to let this horse off the grounds until he raced again, and said that he "had better win" or the horseman's bookeeper would not be releasing the purse money. He won, and then they said the traner will never be able to enter a horse at the Big M ever again.

skate
02-01-2010, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE=Trotman]If you had done a little research before posting, QUOTE]

Why the Negativity?

Backstretch Pirate
02-01-2010, 04:23 PM

Back in the '70's, my dad owned some harness pacers, and also had some inside information. He has told this story on occasion. I don't know the names involved since I was just a kid, but they sent a horse form Sportsman's to the Meadowlands, and about a dozen guys flew in to bet him as well, including my dad. Well, the horse was stiffed all summer long in Chicago, and then won going away in some NJ stakes race. After the race, somebody important came over to the trainer and refused to let this horse off the grounds until he raced again, and said that he "had better win" or the horseman's bookeeper would not be releasing the purse money. He won, and then they said the traner will never be able to enter a horse at the Big M ever again.
A rather bizzare tale indeed!

onefast99
02-01-2010, 04:41 PM
A rather bizzare tale indeed!
An interesting story.:confused:

Stillriledup
02-01-2010, 06:00 PM

Any names?

wisconsin
02-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Any names?

I just talked to my dad, and sorry, it was Roosevelt Raceway. He could not recall the trainer involved, but it was a driver/trainer. My dad said there was 40k people there, and hiding the handle was a cinch. He paid $30 to win, and the next Friday, he paid $3.60 and the secretary was the guy who told the trainer never to return.

Stillriledup
02-01-2010, 07:40 PM
I just talked to my dad, and sorry, it was Roosevelt Raceway. He could not recall the trainer involved, but it was a driver/trainer. My dad said there was 40k people there, and hiding the handle was a cinch. He paid $30 to win, and the next Friday, he paid $3.60 and the secretary was the guy who told the trainer never to return.

Wow. They were on to him i guess. Good story.