PDA

View Full Version : 50 Cent Triple's Vs. 10 Cent Superfectas

Chris Longshot
01-31-2010, 04:25 PM
Was wondering if anybody had any feedback with these bets. Which one they prefer and why. Also, avg payout on both bets over a "given" period of time.
All things being obvious like degree of difficulty and cost.

Thanks, Chris

raybo
02-01-2010, 07:18 AM
Was wondering if anybody had any feedback with these bets. Which one they prefer and why. Also, avg payout on both bets over a "given" period of time.
All things being obvious like degree of difficulty and cost.

Thanks, Chris

For the 1st question, degree of difficulty, the answer, IMO, is: for the same investment, the super would be easier to hit. You can cover more combinations with a dime super than you can with a $.50 tri.

The tri would probably pay more, but haven't analyzed it.

llegend39
02-01-2010, 07:23 AM
I know at Tampa the .50 cent tri is averaging $200.00 where as the .10 super is around $114.00

raybo
02-01-2010, 07:51 AM
I know at Tampa the .50 cent tri is averaging $200.00 where as the .10 super is around $114.00

If that's the case on all tracks then the super, using the same investment for both wagers, would pay more also.

1st time lasix
02-01-2010, 12:10 PM
I like to use both wagers....but the % takeout at certain venues {including tampa] on tris and supers far exceeds their rake on exacta/doubles/Pick 3's and pick 4's. Not sure why they should dicriminate. {I personally think it is bad policy.}I use them exclusively at tracks where the take out percentage is the same as the other exoyics. Ten cent supers fit for me in two circumstances: as a small hedge against a major play in the exacta pool or in the final leg of pick 4 i am alive in. I will use the longshot horses on top with some possibility of an upset over the ones i am alive to in the race....and ....when I truly like two or more double diget horses to some degree in the top two holes. Perhaps the favorites are vulneable in my opinion or i believe the pace scenario or class level dictates a "chaos' race. Lots of those in the first couple weeks of Turfway generally.

llegend39
02-03-2010, 07:04 AM
If that's the case on all tracks then the super, using the same investment for both wagers, would pay more also.

I like to play the .50 tri- find it easier picking 3 horses instead of 4 and hit the repeat bet button. Nailed 1 on th 9th of last month at TAM the .50 tri paid $175