PDA

View Full Version : Any serious Gulfstream Cappers here?

Stillriledup
01-31-2010, 12:10 AM
I don't ever bet Gulfstream, but i glanced at some of the big races today and went 3 for 3. I doubled my money on this square grooved wedge is for Phil and then got an absolute gift on Lone Speed with Leperaux and got an 8 dollar mutuel on a horse who probably should have been even money.

I love gulfstream, what an easy place!!

:jump:

All kidding aside, its probably not all that easy, i just turned into a squirrel today and found a nut. how are you guys doing so far at the Gulfstream meet?

Stillriledup
02-01-2010, 04:05 AM
Wow, nobody here bets Gulfstream...that's pretty odd, you would think that SOMEONE follows the track.

*little emoticon scratching head*

jonnielu
02-01-2010, 06:49 AM
Wow, nobody here bets Gulfstream...that's pretty odd, you would think that SOMEONE follows the track.

*little emoticon scratching head*

There are probably at least 5 or 6 that follow GP, but it could be a risk of popularity here to admit to it. It is more socially acceptable to hate Frank for tearing down the grandstand and hawking energy drinks. I can relate.

When I was 15, my dad and his partner Captain Tiny, took me over to GP to help them install spanking new stainless steel gutters in that grandstand, and that cold hearted brute just demolished them without a concern for all the hard work and effort that went into installing them. Just so he could put up an energy drink tiki bar, and keep decent folks standing up walking around... needing energy.

jdl

Stevie Belmont
02-01-2010, 10:02 AM
Now that things are up and running again in NJ — I have certainly been watching and playing the Gulf. Maiden, maiden turf, turf and the stakes action in particular.

onefast99
02-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Now that things are up and running again in NJ — I have certainly been watching and playing the Gulf. Maiden, maiden turf, turf and the stakes action in particular.
The racing there has been very good thus far, every Saturday there are at least 2 if not 3 stakes races.

bisket
02-01-2010, 05:56 PM
I don't ever bet Gulfstream, but i glanced at some of the big races today and went 3 for 3. I doubled my money on this square grooved wedge is for Phil and then got an absolute gift on Lone Speed with Leperaux and got an 8 dollar mutuel on a horse who probably should have been even money.

I love gulfstream, what an easy place!!

:jump:

All kidding aside, its probably not all that easy, i just turned into a squirrel today and found a nut. how are you guys doing so far at the Gulfstream meet?
i love gulfstream. my favorite meet most of all. this crowd doesn't like it because of "clock issues" which is incidentally why i like it :kiss: :p
i'm up 600$ and i've played 3 cards. i usuaLLY MAKE MY CAKE AT GULFSTREAM every year.

PaceAdvantage
02-02-2010, 12:45 AM
There are probably at least 5 or 6 that follow GP, but it could be a risk of popularity here to admit to it. It is more socially acceptable to hate Frank for tearing down the grandstand and hawking energy drinks. I can relate.Do you just pull this stuff out of thin air, or must you harvest it from the fields? 5 or 6? Risk of popularity? What the heck are you talking about?

OTM Al
02-02-2010, 09:18 AM
I like playing Gulfstream. Had some pretty nice scores there in the past. Since so many top riders are there, you can also pick up some nice prices on horses ridden by guys like Joe Bravo, who do get good mounts but often get overlooked because he isn't a big national name. The 1 1/8 m races can often eliminate low priced favs drawn to the outside and the turf course has a good bank to it that helps fromrunners who may not hold on flatter tracks. Besides, its nice to see warm weather during the winter time.

toetoe
02-02-2010, 06:00 PM
and then got an absolute gift on Lone Speed with Leperaux and got an 8 dollar mutuel on a horse who probably should have been even money.

I needed Pashito the Che for my own baby pick-three, but I agree about the Wolfson claim. I was expecting over $8.00, but Soldier's Dancer only went as low as 9/5. I was expecting 4/5, maybe. I'd strongly consider the 8-bucker as an elective contest play, and I'd definitely take him as a mandatory play. :) .

bisket
02-02-2010, 06:32 PM
thats the best thing about gulfstream. always good odds on horses anywhere else even money or less. really pumps up the exotics :ThmbUp:
may play tomorrow if it snows here in baltimore.

Stillriledup
02-02-2010, 08:24 PM
I needed Pashito the Che for my own baby pick-three, but I agree about the Wolfson claim. I was expecting over $8.00, but Soldier's Dancer only went as low as 9/5. I was expecting 4/5, maybe. I'd strongly consider the 8-bucker as an elective contest play, and I'd definitely take him as a mandatory play. :) .

I made a large wager on Phil at even money in that race. I just though that Che was going to get 'dueled' up, but the other speeds just didn't show up. You had a bad beat there, you only lost because Phils jock was heads up and 'sent' phil into the pace, even though on paper, he figured to be coming from a few lengths back off a hot and contested pace.