PDA

View Full Version : How about we investigate everyone including YOU!

andymays
01-30-2010, 06:24 PM
Horseplayers seemed to be consumed with investigating everyone everywhere so why don't whe investigate YOU?

Let's put a traffic camera at every light within a one mile radius of your home.

Lets put a stop sign on every corner within a one mile radius of your home.

Let's put a cop with a radar gun on every block within an one mile radius of your home.

How many nice people do you know would be in trouble?

Let's punish everyone that violates the rules and suspend them from going to work for 6 months!

Just sayin!

Why should Horseplayers tell everyone how they should care for the horses they own?

Tell me why I'm wrong. Enjoy! ;)

illinoisbred
01-30-2010, 06:41 PM
One of those cameras at an intersection in Chicago caught me-cost me $100.00 bucks too!

andymays
01-30-2010, 06:42 PM
One of those cameras at an intersection in Chicago caught me-cost me $100.00 bucks too!

What if you couldn't go to work for 6 months?

illinoisbred
01-30-2010, 06:43 PM
I'd be screwed.

andymays
01-30-2010, 06:44 PM
I'd be screwed.

Me too! :lol:

riskman
01-30-2010, 06:51 PM
Horseplayers seemed to be consumed with investigating everyone everywhere so why don't whe investigate YOU?

Let's put a traffic camera at every light within a one mile radius of your home.

Let's put a cop with a radar gun on every block within an one mile radius of your home.
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=826440#

Let's punish everyone that violates the rules and suspend them from going to work for 6 months!

Just sayin!

Why should Horseplayers tell everyone how they should care for the horses they own?

Who is going to pay for this? If you will foot the bill, I will take the punishment. :)

andymays
01-30-2010, 07:04 PM
We'll raise takeout 5% to pay for it!

How about that? ;)

Dahoss9698
01-30-2010, 07:10 PM
The huge difference is, people aren't betting their hard earned money on whether or not other people make complete stops or run red lights.

andymays
01-30-2010, 07:13 PM
The huge difference is, people aren't betting their hard earned money on whether or not other people make complete stops or run red lights.

Good Point. I sent an email to Ray Paulick about this. Let's see what happens. ;)

andymays
01-30-2010, 07:28 PM
Good Point. I sent an email to Ray Paulick about this. Let's see what happens. ;)

10th at Santa Anita. While I'm waiting let's do a :3: :7: :8: exacta box and bet the :7: win and place.

Damn it!

Tom
01-30-2010, 07:32 PM
What on earth are you talking about?

andymays
01-30-2010, 07:33 PM

Horseplayers being the judge and jury!

johnhannibalsmith
01-30-2010, 08:05 PM

When the hell did Andy arrive at Earth? :D

andymays
01-30-2010, 08:10 PM
When the hell did Andy arrive at Earth? :D

I come down periodically to make sure that nobody is "off stride"! ;)

The thing is that everytime I come down everyone is "off stride"! :)

What's a synthetic hating alien to do? :D

sonnyp
01-30-2010, 08:47 PM

Just sayin!

you say these things in jest, but this is EXACTLY where we're heading. the government is becoming involved with every breath we, as individuals, take.
our prisons are more overcrowded than ever. the government writes laws to control, more and more, every aspect of our individual lives.

i saw obuma just ordered the justice department to "investigate" the
B C S. really ? now? with all they have and should be giving priority to ? they're going to investigate this ? after the steroid joke ?

be patient my friend. the police state of which you jest is becoming a reality. those in washington know we, as individuals, are incapable of making these decisions in lives for ourselves and they are eminently more qualified to do it for us.

their record speaks for itself.

andymays
01-30-2010, 08:49 PM
you say these things in jest, but this is EXACTLY where we're heading. the government is becoming involved with every breath we, as individuals, take.
our prisons are more overcrowded than ever. the government writes laws to control, more and more, every aspect of our individual lives.

i saw obuma just ordered the justice department to "investigate" the
B C S. really ? now? with all they have and should be giving priority to ? they're going to investigate this ? after the steroid joke ?

be patient my friend. the police state of which you jest is becoming a reality. those in washington know we, as individuals, are incapable of making these decisions in lives for ourselves and they are eminently more qualified to do it for us.

their record speaks for itself.

My point was that Horseplayers get too involved in other peoples business sometimes. Horseplayers need allies like owners and Trainers to get Horse Racing back on track.

Just sayin!

Grits
01-30-2010, 09:01 PM

Glad to know someone else has gotten one of these. It was great receiving the photo of my rearend and license plate flying through the intersection (at what I thought was) beating the light.:lol:

Please remit; send us your money!

illinoisbred
01-30-2010, 09:04 PM
My photo included the time from start to end of amber light-2.7 seconds. I contested and lost.

andymays
01-30-2010, 09:08 PM

Just sayin!

Is a ticket for running a red light grounds for losing your ability to earn a living?

After all it could have ended badly.

illinoisbred
01-30-2010, 09:14 PM
No,not unless your a bus driver,cab driver,or limo driver and you habitually run red lights. I contended I ran a yellow light and had only wished I'd gone faster.

andymays
01-30-2010, 09:16 PM
No,not unless your a bus driver,cab driver,or limo driver and you habitually run red lights. I contended I ran a yellow light and had only wished I'd gone faster.

It wouldn't be so bad if the takeout was less on the tickets! ;)

It feels like 75%! And then some when you add in the increased insurance rates!

How about those horses though?

illinoisbred
01-30-2010, 09:20 PM
No,In Illinois this is technically not considered a traffic violation.

andymays
01-30-2010, 09:21 PM
No,In Illinois this is technically not considered a traffic violation.

That's what Jeff Mullins said in New York last year. Sort of. ;)

illinoisbred
01-30-2010, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I know and I see where you're going with this. I guess we all have our own personal spin on things.

andymays
01-30-2010, 09:24 PM
Yeah, I know and I see where you're going with this. I guess we all have our own personal spin on things.

Just stirring the pot one more time. What the hell? ;)

Grits
01-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Now, State Troopers have these in the glorious state of Maryland. Though, instead of being within a mile of one's home--they're all on I-95. I've passed them on trips to and from New York an endless number of times. For years. Lucky so far, having learned their game, they've received none of my money.

There's four within 50 yards of my front porch. And four more at the next corner over. And four more a block down if one turns left or right. We've got this wrapped up in my neighborhood.

This pretty much puts me three for three in your top suggestions, Am.

Doesn't matter. I'm still nice. (Guess I should add, most days.):lol:

I ain't botherin' with the rest of 'em. You're setting us up, I can already tell.

andymays
01-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Now, State Troopers have these in the glorious state of Maryland. Though, instead of being within a mile of one's home--they're all on I-95. I've passed them on trips to and from New York an endless number of times. For years. Lucky so far, having learned their game, they've received none of my money.

There's four within 50 yards of my front porch. And four more at the next corner over. And four more a block down if one turns left or right. We've got this wrapped up in my neighborhood.

This pretty much puts me three for three in your top suggestions, Am.

Doesn't matter. I'm still nice. (Guess I should add, most days.):lol:

I ain't botherin' with the rest of 'em. You're setting us up, I can already tell.

The worst is the time I got one going south on the 101 while the Highway Patrol was going north and he got me on radar. So he says. When he came around to get me I had a buddy passed out in the passenger seat. He comes up to the window to talk and my buddy has one of those startled wakeups and the Highway Patrol guy pulls his gun on us. Talk about a almost gettin taken down :eek:

How about those horses? I guess he had Trakus!

illinoisbred
01-30-2010, 09:36 PM
Intersections with red light cameras in Chicago have amber settings at 3 seconds or less. Those that don't(most of them),have amber settings anywhere from6-7 seconds. I got caught in a Richie Daley money-making scheme.

Dan H
01-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Andy,

Are you suggesting horse players "lighten up" their condemnation of cheating trainers and veterinarians because it is unfair to deprive them of their livelihood?

I recall many here supporting nothing short of a ban for life for drug offenders.

CincyHorseplayer
01-30-2010, 09:55 PM
I come down periodically to make sure that nobody is "off stride"! ;)

The thing is that everytime I come down everyone is "off stride"! :)

What's a synthetic hating alien to do? :D

Speaking of synthetic,I was watching some races run at Turfway today and I could swear they were running on a track covered in the ash from charcoal briquettes!!Puffs of grey dust clouds all over the place.

andymays
01-30-2010, 09:57 PM
Andy,

Are you suggesting horse players "lighten up" their condemnation of cheating trainers and veterinarians because it is unfair to deprive them of their livelihood?

I recall many here supporting nothing short of a ban for life for drug offenders.

If they are cheating then nobody should lighten up.

Most of the comments on this stuff are ones with no proof. Just guilty till proven innocent.

illinoisbred
01-30-2010, 09:59 PM
Speaking of synthetic,I was watching some races run at Turfway today and I could swear they were running on a track covered in the ash from charcoal briquettes!!Puffs of grey dust clouds all over the place.
I noticed that too.Turfway still seems to have a lot of kickback.

proximity
01-30-2010, 10:08 PM
The worst is the time I got one going south on the 101 while the Highway Patrol was going north and he got me on radar. So he says. When he came around to get me I had a buddy passed out in the passenger seat. He comes up to the window to talk and my buddy has one of those startled wakeups and the Highway Patrol guy pulls his gun on us. Talk about a almost gettin taken down :eek:

who pulled the gun.... was it poncherello or baker??:)

PaceAdvantage
01-30-2010, 10:55 PM
Most of the comments on this stuff are ones with no proof. Just guilty till proven innocent.You don't need absolute proof to comment or form an opinion on someone...just enough smoke to think a fire might be around the corner...

Now, to convict someone, you're going to need proof, but that's a whole other story...

WinterTriangle
01-31-2010, 01:53 AM

Does that include telling them what surfaces to run their horses on? ;)

Our sheriff and prosecuting attorney just had to "tell" a neighbor how he should care for the horses he owns. (I won't post the photos...too sickening).

Thank goodness some "nosy" neighbors intervened, before the horse came to (more) harm.

JohnGalt1
01-31-2010, 08:57 AM
Intersections with red light cameras in Chicago have amber settings at 3 seconds or less. Those that don't(most of them),have amber settings anywhere from6-7 seconds. I got caught in a Richie Daley money-making scheme.

They were installed in Minneapolis a short while ago.

Since the photos couldn't prove who was actually driving the vehicles, charges were dismissed.

All fines that were paid were refunded, and the cameras were turned off.

While the intentions were noble, it ended up being another waste of taxpayer money.