PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State Loses another one..........

JustRalph
01-29-2010, 05:20 PM
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2010/01/29/0129-jordan-hicks-announces-his-choice.html?sid=101

College football: Hicks picks Texas
FRIDAY, JANUARY 29, 2010 12:38 PM
BY TIM MAY
THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

WEST CHESTER, Ohio -- Linebacker Jordan Hicks, the consensus No.1 prospect in Ohio this recruiting season and one of the elite recruits in the country, said this afternoon that he will sign a national letter of intent with Texas on Wednesday.

"I'd like to say I am going to be a Texas Longhorn," Hicks said, putting on a Texas cap. "It was just in my heart. That's where I felt most comfortable."

Hicks, a play-making and pass-rushing blur from outside linebacker for Lakota West High School, narrowed his finalists to Ohio State, Florida and Texas more than a month ago. He had said for some time that it was going to be a tough decision, especially considering the obvious pressures to pick his home-state school.

But he was going to make any of those three happy. At 6 feet 2, 220 pounds, he's the No.4 overall prospect nationally, according to the EPNU 150; No.5 according to Scout.com; and No.16 according to rivals.com.

Hicks also was named the winner of the high school Butkus Award. The award's namesake, former All-American and All-Pro Dick Butkus, personally presented the award to him in December. It's symbolic of the nation's top high school linebacker.

Recently crowned national champion Alabama tried to make late inroads, but Hicks already had narrowed his list.

"He is the No.1 linebacker in the country. He is a difference-maker," said Bucknuts veteran recruiting analyst Bill Kurelic, who has Hicks ranked No.1 overall in Ohio. "He's a guy who legitimately has a chance to get on the field and make a great contributioin as a freshman."

more at the link

GaryG
01-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Well, there are plenty of hicks in Texas....[ducks for cover to avoid 30-30 fire.]

Robert Goren
01-29-2010, 05:48 PM
Well, there are plenty of hicks in Texas....[ducks for cover to avoid 30-30 fire.]:lol: :lol: :lol:

Robert Goren
01-29-2010, 05:55 PM
I can not believe that USC didn't put in a "bid".

ElKabong
01-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Quite a 24 hr period for our recruiting...Jeffcoat committed thursday, now Hicks. These guys are in addition to what was already our best class since 1967.

Will Muschamp is a difference maker is all I can say.

ElKabong
01-30-2010, 09:22 PM
I can not believe that USC didn't put in a "bid".

Jordan had southern family roots. From all I heard he didn't seriously consider tOSU until later on in the process. The Bucks grew on him recently, we thought we'd lose him there for the past week.

He never considered going out west (just from what I read on pay sites).

Our biggest concerns before the past week were the top SEC teams. Glad he's coming to Austin.

ElKabong
01-30-2010, 09:34 PM
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2010/01/29/0129-jordan-hicks-announces-his-choice.html?sid=101

College football: Hicks picks Texas
FRIDAY, JANUARY 29, 2010 12:38 PM
BY TIM MAY
THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

WEST CHESTER, Ohio -- Linebacker Jordan Hicks, the consensus No.1 prospect in Ohio this recruiting season and one of the elite recruits in the country, said this afternoon that he will sign a national letter of intent with Texas on Wednesday.

These things seem to go in cycles, don't they? I remember the mid 1980s we'd lose Blue Chip after Blue Chip to either the big10 or the big8. One year 8 of the top 10 Texas kids left the state & something like half of the top 50.

Pretty soon the tide will turn (pardon pun) and tOSU and Michigan will be the place to be again.

Jmho....Anyone who thinks you can coach up kids to a championship level is dreaming. Recruiting has always been the lifeblood of championship programs. At least it has been for the past 50 years. Coaching makes a difference but you can't win big without major talent.