PDA

View Full Version : More global warming news

dav4463
01-29-2010, 01:53 PM
I didn't believe or trust Al Gore, but you gotta believe Bin Laden....don't you think?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100129/D9DHDH582.html

ArlJim78
01-29-2010, 01:57 PM
bin Laden is trying to win the next Nobel Peace prize. With comments like that I think he's the morning line favorite for next year.

46zilzal
01-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Carbon Dioxide Emissions of the three biggest polluters: (BBC Display of this information)
The USA EU China Total
Population of world: 4.6% 6.3% 21% 31.9%
World economy: 30% 23% 3.2% 56.2%
CO2 Emissions: 24% 14% 13% 51%

Not far off the mark

Tom
01-29-2010, 02:50 PM
Al Gore, Bin Laden, 46......good company.

Of course it is warming up - because it has "Bin Colder." ba dum

Osama wants the world to not buy anything we make in America. Haha. The joke is on him. We don't make anything anymore! da dum

Rush pointed out today the remarkable same song shared by Osama and Obama and the libs. Like they are all of one mind. Very good point. Do the libs get their talking points from Al Qeda?

:lol:

BenDiesel26
01-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Be careful posting info here on global warming without a disclaimer 46, the IPCC might end up citing it in their next report, as long as it supports their political agenda of course. We now know this since Lal has admitted that they lied on purpose. And now, just two days ago we find out they cited another WWF article on rain forests.

dav4463
01-29-2010, 10:56 PM
Carbon Dioxide Emissions of the three biggest polluters: (BBC Display of this information)
The USA EU China Total
Population of world: 4.6% 6.3% 21% 31.9%
World economy: 30% 23% 3.2% 56.2%
CO2 Emissions: 24% 14% 13% 51%

Not far off the mark

Is there anything about any topic on the planet or elsewhere....when you do not take the liberal point of view and accept it as Gospel?

hcap
01-31-2010, 05:56 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jan/31/pentagon-ranks-global-warming-destabilising-force/print

Pentagon to rank global warming as destabilising force
US defence review says military planners should factor climate change into long-term strategy

The Pentagon will for the first time rank global warming as a destabilising force, adding fuel to conflict and putting US troops at risk around the world, in a major strategy review to be presented to Congress tomorrow. The quadrennial defence review, prepared by the Pentagon to update Congress on its security vision, will direct military planners to keep track of the latest climate science, and to factor global warming into their long term strategic planning.

.................................................. .................................................. ...........................

So although youse guys are not convinced or taking it seriously our military is.
I guess Al Gore not only invented the internet, but also built the Pentagon with his bare hands, brainwashed the generals all the while devising US global military strategy for the next 500 years.
What a guy!!

Tom
01-31-2010, 06:00 PM
What do you expect...the CNC is blithering idiot!

hcap
01-31-2010, 06:44 PM
What do you expect...the CNC is blithering idiot!
So Al Gore DID build the Pentagon and brainwash the generals?

Tom
01-31-2010, 07:42 PM
If they think i it is man-made, yes, and if they think it can be fixed by buying Gore-bonds, yes. It was not and it cannot. Wake up.

skate
02-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Gee wiz, i figured this topic would finally come to light enough, to enable Zilly to see some light.

Instead, we only got a hiccup...:bang:

46zilzal
02-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Is there anything about any topic on the planet or elsewhere....when you do not take the liberal point of view and accept it as Gospel?
I don't I take the SCIENTIFIC point of view which has accumulated data all over the world.

Vancouver is now having the WARMEST January on record, Not political just factual as are other parts of the globe

bigmack
02-01-2010, 03:17 PM
I don't I take the SCIENTIFIC point of view which has accumulated data all over the world.
Vancouver is now having the WARMEST January on record, Not political just factual as are other parts of the globe
Being that you gravitate towards the SCIENTIFIC, how would you feel to learn there are far more areas that are experiencing the coldest January on record?

Would that make your bunsen burner rattle?

rastajenk
02-01-2010, 03:42 PM
How often have we heard it from those of the liberal persuasion when it serves their purpose: "Weather is not climate." :)

Valuist
02-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Bin Laden isn't the sharpest tool in the drawer. He just heard about (alleged) GW now? I wonder if he's heard about the Lindbergh kidnapping? Come to think of it, he'll probably try to take credit for it.

boxcar
02-01-2010, 05:46 PM
How often have we heard it from those of the liberal persuasion when it serves their purpose: "Weather is not climate." :)

Yeah....what's up with dat, ZillZil? You talkin' weather or climate in dem dere hills of Vancouver? Clarify, please.

Boxcar

hcap
02-02-2010, 04:53 AM
Gee wiz, i figured this topic would finally come to light enough, to enable Zilly to see some light.

Instead, we only got a hiccup...:bang:
Glad to see you continuing your tradition of "a man of few words and even FEWER thoughts".
But tell me if there is no global warming, why the tropical attire?

http://mafia-skate.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/skate.gif.jpg

newtothegame
02-02-2010, 05:26 AM
SEC Ruling Requires Companies to Tell Shareholders if Climate Laws Are Bad for Business
Monday, February 01, 2010
By Matt Cover, Staff Writer

(CNSNews.com) – A new ruling by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) would require corporations to inform their shareholders of the business risks and potential impacts of climate change legislation, environmental regulation, and international climate treaties. The ruling marks the first time the SEC has required companies to make such information available to shareholders.

The ruling – known formally as an interpretive guidance – was handed down Wednesday by Chairwoman Mary Schapiro and is intended to inform companies what information they must include on their annual report to the SEC.

That report, known as a 10-K filing, provides the public with, among other things, information on the company’s business model, executive compensation, market outlook, and the potential risk factors facing the company.

Tom Borelli, Ph.D., director of the Free Enterprise Project at the National Center for Public Policy Research – a conservative think tank – told CNSNews.com that the SEC ruling, long sought by liberal environmentalists, contained a silver lining because companies must now make public how climate legislation might hurt their business.

“The left is using this as a way to try to intimidate companies that they really have to take this issue [global warming] seriously. But there’s a flipside to this, as part of the disclosures – and this is really, really important – companies should also disclose the business risk of regulation like cap and trade,” he said. “Now, we all know – the economic studies show – that under cap and trade, energy prices go up, job losses go up, economic growth goes down and people have less disposable income.”

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/60733

bolding done by me...thought those words were intriguing to say the least....more at the link above....

hcap
02-02-2010, 06:07 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/feb/01/climate-emails-sceptics

How the 'climategate' scandal is bogus and based on climate sceptics' lies
Claims based on email soundbites are demonstrably false – there is manifestly no evidence of clandestine data manipulation

Almost all the media and political discussion about the hacked climate emails has been based on brief soundbites publicised by professional sceptics and their blogs. In many cases, these have been taken out of context and twisted to mean something they were never intended to.

delayjf
02-02-2010, 10:09 AM

Are you referring to the Climbing Magazine article and the Student essay that were the main sources in the Himilaya meltdown claim???

bigmack
02-02-2010, 10:31 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/feb/01/climate-emails-sceptics
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/feb/01/leaked-emails-climate-jones-chinese

That just in by Fred Pearce from The Guardian.

skate
02-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Glad to see you continuing your tradition of "a man of few words and even FEWER thoughts".
But tell me if there is no global warming, why the tropical attire?

http://mafia-skate.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/skate.gif.jpg

Ha ha ha, what did you do copy the wrong area, :lol:

Look look, I didn't say "No Warming", how much is man made is DA Big question, simple.

Globe has always gotten warm and cold.

As for Trop attire, just showing my Phenom body babe.

skate
02-02-2010, 02:07 PM
It's funny how the neo-libers(pitas) are trying to replace the groundhog, now that HE (goundhog) says we are in for 5 more weeks of winter weather.:eek:

hcap
02-02-2010, 07:08 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/feb/01/leaked-emails-climate-jones-chinese

That just in by Fred Pearce from The Guardian. Some problems, yes but the theory is being tested and verified on the way to becoming settled. From the above link.....

"The revelations on the inadequacies of the 1990 paper do not undermine the case that humans are causing climate change, and other studies have produced similar findings. But they do call into question the probity of some climate change science."

Look look, I didn't say "No Warming", how much is man made is DA Big question, simple.

Globe has always gotten warm and cold.

As for Trop attire, just showing my Phenom body babe.

"The revelations on the inadequacies of the 1990 paper do not undermine the case that humans are causing climate change, and other studies have produced similar findings. But they do call into question the probity of some climate change science."

Tropical attire soon to be suitable for Fairbanks.
Hey skate maybe you should switch to snowboarding?

skate
02-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Now we have reports that the eastern section of the USA is producing more trees, that grow faster. Seems like something we want.

It's so simple, the living like leafy. The dead like Icey.;)

hcap
02-05-2010, 05:44 AM
The babbling confused, like skatie

46zilzal
02-05-2010, 11:21 AM
The babbling confused, like skatie
you can say that again

johnhannibalsmith
02-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Do we have an emoticon for a pot greeting a kettle... :D

boxcar
02-05-2010, 12:08 PM
you can say that again

I thought you weren't a dittohead, zilly. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

BenDiesel26
02-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Tropical attire soon to be suitable for Fairbanks.

You may be joking, but unfortunately due to the willful overstating of what is occurring (admittedly so by the head of the IPCC) and the effort to mask all data which doesn't agree with predetermined hypotheses, there are idiots that actually believe statements like this. For example, it was recently divulged that the Met Office failed to disclose that Scotland is experiencing their coldest winter on record since temperatures starting being recorded in 1914. I wonder what they would have done had it been the warmest.

hcap
02-06-2010, 03:39 AM
Now we have reports that the eastern section of the USA is producing more trees, that grow faster. Seems like something we want.

It's so simple, the living like leafy. The dead like Icey.;)
Would you care to EXPLAIN this statement obviously written in what, a higher mathematical language?
My Star Trek Universal Translator disintegrated when I fed in the above leafy/Icey stuff.
A rare Klingonese dialect?

cj's dad
02-06-2010, 11:08 AM
The mid-Atlantic states are being pummeled with yet another snow storm. Metro Baltimore is up to 24"+ and it is still snowing heavily.

Hows that GW working out for ya Cap ??

Tom
02-06-2010, 11:20 AM
With any luck, DC will NEVER be found again!

Greyfox
02-06-2010, 11:40 AM
With any luck, DC will NEVER be found again!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hcap
02-06-2010, 04:52 PM
The mid-Atlantic states are being pummeled with yet another snow storm. Metro Baltimore is up to 24"+ and it is still snowing heavily.

Hows that GW working out for ya Cap ??I seem to remeber deflating your melting ice cube theory a while ago.
Should I deflate your latest "scientific" comeback as well? Or should I wait for boxcar to propose that glaziers only appear to be melting. I thought you guys grudgingly accepted global warming, but not that humans are adding o the problem via greenhouse gasses?

Tom
02-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Vancouver is warming up, DC is freezing.
Looks like a wash to me.

Been hotter.
Been colder.
Chill out. No pun intended.:lol: (for you, skate)

hcap
02-06-2010, 05:53 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/22/science/earth/22warming.html

WASHINGTON — The decade ending in 2009 was the warmest on record, new surface temperature figures released Thursday by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration show.

The agency also found that 2009 was the second warmest year since 1880, when modern temperature measurement began. The warmest year was 2005. The other hottest recorded years have all occurred since 1998, NASA said.

James E. Hansen, director of NASA’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies, said that global temperatures varied because of changes in ocean heating and cooling cycles. “When we average temperature over 5 or 10 years to minimize that variability,” said Dr. Hansen, one of the world’s leading climatologists, “we find global warming is continuing unabated.”

*Some corrections at the bottom change little.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/2009-was-Indias-hottest-year-ever/articleshow/5543676.cms

2009 was India's hottest year ever
Neha Lalchandani, TNN, 7 February 2010, 12:16am IST

2009 was the hottest year ever recorded in India and almost
a degree warmer than usual.

The annual mean temperature for 2009 was 25.55 degrees Celsius, 0.913 degrees higher than the long-term annual average of 24.64 degrees Celsius.

Interestingly, of the 12 hottest years in the 108 years since 1901, when the Met department started maintaining temperature records, 8 have been in the past decade. This is in keeping with the global trend of the last decade being the warmest on record.

boxcar
02-06-2010, 06:33 PM
The annual mean temperature for 2009 was 25.55 degrees Celsius, 0.913 degrees higher than the long-term annual average of 24.64 degrees Celsius.

Err...'scuse me, Mr. 'cap, but this is comparing apples to oranges. Comparing a mean temp to a long term average one doesn't quite cut it. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

46zilzal
02-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Cap don't use real facts as they will just ignore them.

boxcar
02-06-2010, 07:22 PM

You never have to worry about that. 'Cap wouldn't recognize "real facts" if they crawled between his sheets and snuggled ever so closely with him.

Boxcar
P.S. And that goes for you, too.

johnhannibalsmith
02-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Says 46Zillllly: "Cap don't use real facts as they will just ignore them."

No, please continue using the real facts. Unless that statement was actually accusing Cap of not using real facts... it's a shade unclear, but I think I understood...

I love listening to this debate - I've never heard an argument about which both sides are so sincerely convinced that the other is completely and entirely wrong with absolutely no middle ground to be found anywhere. I'm still waiting for someone to say anything that weighs all the arguments from both sides and offers some sort of realistic perspective on the reality of the perception of climate change.

I'm trying to form an opinion that wouldn't embarress me to espouse, but so far... both sides go tit for tat with sensible rationale that serves only to the contradict the other...

Valuist
02-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Bob Brinker had an energy expert on today talking about (alleged) global warming and California's idiodic policy. If there is one legitimate long term solution that does NOT emit CO2, its nuclear power. Yet, guess what California will not allow: nuclear power. Considering the dire predictions and horrific outcomes the GW crowd embraces, one would think they'd allow nuclear power.

BenDiesel26
02-06-2010, 07:54 PM
Just curious, before going over the latest interesting tidbits of non-science from the latest in the IPCC BS. 46 and hcap, do you believe that current global warming that is caused by man will lead to catastrophic famine, etc. For example, hcap do you actually believe that people in Fairbanks will be wearing tropical attire pretty soon as you mentioned previously despite the fact that science (the articles you actually support) says nothing close to this? 46, do you believe we are in for the destruction of humanity due to global warming if we do not curb our habits? Once again, just curious.

cj's dad
02-06-2010, 08:35 PM
I seem to remeber deflating your melting ice cube theory a while ago.
Should I deflate your latest "scientific" comeback as well? Or should I wait for boxcar to propose that glaziers only appear to be melting. I thought you guys grudgingly accepted global warming, but not that humans are adding o the problem via greenhouse gasses?

The only thing that was deflated by that was your own ego. :lol:

boxcar
02-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Says 46Zillllly: "Cap don't use real facts as they will just ignore them."

No, please continue using the real facts. Unless that statement was actually accusing Cap of not using real facts... it's a shade unclear, but I think I understood...

I love listening to this debate - I've never heard an argument about which both sides are so sincerely convinced that the other is completely and entirely wrong with absolutely no middle ground to be found anywhere. I'm still waiting for someone to say anything that weighs all the arguments from both sides and offers some sort of realistic perspective on the reality of the perception of climate change.

I'm trying to form an opinion that wouldn't embarress me to espouse, but so far... both sides go tit for tat with sensible rationale that serves only to the contradict the other...

Hint to help you out, coming right out of the chute: Anytime the government declares that something is a crisis and then immediately follows up with solutions that involve heavy taxation, the prudent thing to do is take their claims with several grains of salt. Government is always, always, always looking for creative and clever ways through the art of deception to separate taxpayers from their money. If anyone has a mortal lock on how to play the Con Game, it would be the U.S. government.

Boxcar

Tom
02-06-2010, 11:04 PM

Those "facts" are based on averages and databases.
We all know how bad those are, as YOU have pointed out so many times before. :lol:

boxcar
02-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Those "facts" are based on averages and databases.
We all know how bad those are, as YOU have pointed out so many times before. :lol:

My mammy always told me that liars need a very good memory. It just slipped zilzil's mind. :rolleyes:

Boxcar