PDA

View Full Version : Obama's First Year in Office

LutherCalvin
01-28-2010, 10:40 AM
You don't have to be Nostradamus to sense which way the political winds in this country have shifted.

President Obama ran on a slogan of "Change You Can Believe In" and what has he accomplished in his first year in office? He has appointed tax cheats to cabinet positions and bailed out Wall Street fats cats. With his Democratic majority in Congress he rushed through an "emergency" stimulus bill with earmarks that has yet to be spent. His administration has increased the budget deficit by 1.3 trillion dollars, the largest since the end of WW II. His administration watched unemployment rise above 10% while he spent his political capital trying to force a government takeover of one sixth of the U.S. economy. He dithered about sending more troops to Afghanistan, gave rights to terrorist suspects, attempted to close Guantanamo, and bring the terrorists to the United States. He apologized for America to the world and bowed to foreign leaders. His promise of transparency was tarnished by the backroom, Chicago style deals to secure support for a health care bill that the majority of American citizens don't want.

Is it any wonder that Obama's party lost elections in New Jersey, Virginia, and Massachusetts after he campaigned for Democrats in those states. The President has frittered away his veto proof majority in the Senate by losing the seat once held by ultra-liberal Ted Kennedy. Other members of Obama's party are changing parties or deciding not to run for re-election, and Republican challengers are leading in polls prior to the November mid term elections.

By any standard, President Obama's first year in office was a failure. But it was Bush's fault, right?

GaryG
01-28-2010, 11:48 AM
There will be 37 senate seats available in this November's election. The result will be more red on the landscape, I garontee. Thank you President Obama... mmm mmm mmm.

LottaKash
01-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Well put LutherCalvin.....Having Osama in the "big-chair" is akin to having a 12-yr old running the show....What a "fake, phony and a fraud, this guy is !!!...

God help us, please, and quickly, I pray......!

best,

wisconsin
01-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Well put LutherCalvin.....Having Osama in the "big-chair" is akin to having a 12-yr old running the show....What a "fake, phony and a fraud, this guy is !!!...

God help us, please, and quickly, I pray......!

best,

Well now, I think a 12 year old could do a better job. Bozobama is not experienced nearly enough to do anything remotely close to running a country.

rastajenk
01-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Jesus Alreetus, he's speaking right now at the traditional day-after rally, and he's still in full campaign mode. When he gets off the teleprompter's lead, he really looks like an ass. Why is he talking this way? He's supposed to BE the leader of the free world, not still act like he wants to be.

NJ Stinks
01-28-2010, 02:59 PM
Well now, I think a 12 year old could do a better job. Bozobama is not experienced nearly enough to do anything remotely close to running a country.

Sorry Cash For Clunkers sold any of your cars. Hopefully, you didn't benefit in any way, Wisconsin. :ThmbUp:

boxcar
01-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Jesus Alreetus, he's speaking right now at the traditional day-after rally, and he's still in full campaign mode. When he gets off the teleprompter's lead, he really looks like an ass. Why is he talking this way? He's supposed to BE the leader of the free world, not still act like he wants to be.

His lack of CEO experience in any capacity is showing badly. He'll never be a leader, just a commie community organizer.

Boxcar

Tom
01-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Sara Palin's respone to the jibberish was professional, intelligent, eloquently delivered, and showed good insights that were missing from the tele-prompted one.

LottaKash
01-28-2010, 03:55 PM

Wisconsin, maybe, but I think it would be close....:D

best,

Greyfox
01-28-2010, 04:03 PM
You don't have to be Nostradamus to sense which way the political winds in this country have shifted.

President Obama ran on a slogan of "Change You Can Believe In" and what has he accomplished in his first year in office? He has appointed tax cheats to cabinet positions and bailed out Wall Street fats cats. With his Democratic majority in Congress he rushed through an "emergency" stimulus bill with earmarks that has yet to be spent. His administration has increased the budget deficit by 1.3 trillion dollars, the largest since the end of WW II. His administration watched unemployment rise above 10% while he spent his political capital trying to force a government takeover of one sixth of the U.S. economy. He dithered about sending more troops to Afghanistan, gave rights to terrorist suspects, attempted to close Guantanamo, and bring the terrorists to the United States. He apologized for America to the world and bowed to foreign leaders. His promise of transparency was tarnished by the backroom, Chicago style deals to secure support for a health care bill that the majority of American citizens don't want.

Is it any wonder that Obama's party lost elections in New Jersey, Virginia, and Massachusetts after he campaigned for Democrats in those states. The President has frittered away his veto proof majority in the Senate by losing the seat once held by ultra-liberal Ted Kennedy. Other members of Obama's party are changing parties or deciding not to run for re-election, and Republican challengers are leading in polls prior to the November mid term elections.

By any standard, President Obama's first year in office was a failure. But it was Bush's fault, right?

LC, Your summary of his first year is excellent. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: You might have missed a couple of things like having a beer in garden with a professor and a cop. Wow.
Oh, yes, he went to the Olympic committee to secure the games for Chicago.
Unfortunately, he spent most of the time talking about himself and why after moving around a lot while growing up Chicago was the choice. That self-indulgence must have surely helped Chicago's chances with that committee. :lol:

Let's face it. This President's solution for all problems is:
"Give another speech."

The man can't stop talking and he can't start doing.

This morning I watched him give yet another speech from Tampa.
In that speech, he said:
"Look,....I'll be honest with you......I'm going to be honest with you."

The problem with that comment he's been telling us that he's honest all along. The fact that he has to make that statement to precede his remarks is very telling.

How long will "Bull Shit" baffle brains?

LottaKash
01-28-2010, 04:15 PM
The problem with that comment he's been telling us that he's honest all along. The fact that he has to make that statement to precede his remarks is very telling.

How long will "Bull Shit" baffle brains?

Biggest "puppet-president" of all time, in this nation....:eek:

That is all he is, imo...a "nothing"...

best,

wisconsin
01-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Sorry Cash For Clunkers sold any of your cars. Hopefully, you didn't benefit in any way, Wisconsin. :ThmbUp:

Of course I did. And then it all came back to haunt us for 8 weeks while we had an empty lot to sell from. That does not mean it was right. It did help ma and pa Kettle, who already had money to begin with. It did not help the poor guy with bad credit in any form whatsoever, or the people who had crummy cars that did not qualify. Did you benefit? Are you reaping the rewards of auto maker bailouts? Thank God I sell Fords. We made money for the first time in four years, and our product is superior to anything out there.

newtothegame
01-28-2010, 10:43 PM
The benefits were far outweighed I am sure by how to pay for the "cash for clunkers"....
Ohh wait,.....thats right...it was tax payer money.... Hell you even got a benefit NJ....somewhere..somehow...your paying for it. Hows that for benefits?
Now go ahead and tell me about the cleaner air by selling these cars and how your breathing easier today then months ago.... :lol:

boxcar
01-28-2010, 11:04 PM
The benefits were far outweighed I am sure by how to pay for the "cash for clunkers"....
Ohh wait,.....thats right...it was tax payer money.... Hell you even got a benefit NJ....somewhere..somehow...your paying for it. Hows that for benefits?
Now go ahead and tell me about the cleaner air by selling these cars and how your breathing easier today then months ago.... :lol:

I bet NJ wakes up now in the mornings all bright-eyed, bushy-tailed and ready to take on the world, since he's breathing so much better now with the sales of all those great "energy-efficient", gas-saving cars. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
01-29-2010, 03:00 PM
Ummm....would the original author of this thread please stand up?

http://jethrobodine.blogspot.com/

Greyfox
01-29-2010, 04:12 PM
Ummm....would the original author of this thread please stand up?

http://jethrobodine.blogspot.com/

Good call PA. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Either jethrobodine is LutherCalvin or vice versa, or we have plagiarism here or someone who doesn't know how to give credit where credit is due.
Sort of a Reps answer to Ellie Light.
Come clean Luthercal....

LutherCalvin
01-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Three Pound Universe is my website.

Tom
01-30-2010, 09:29 PM
I like it....and a link to PaceAdvantage.......cool.
Some interesting reading.

Hank
01-30-2010, 09:41 PM

Bush got him elected,so in a manner of speaking, yes.

LutherCalvin
01-30-2010, 09:47 PM
I like it....and a link to PaceAdvantage.......cool.
Some interesting reading.

Thanks. I surf the web alot and just try to stay informed. The links are to my favorite websites I write a letter once a month to the Daily Herald of Illinois to exercise my first amendment rights. It takes about 6-8 days to get published. Sometimes I post my conservative thoughts on this forum too.

boxcar
01-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Bush got him elected,so in a manner of speaking, yes.

No! You have it backwards. The blame falls squarely on the shoulders of the shallow, lazy, misguided, uninformed, misinformed and uncritical thinkers who found it expedient to use Bush as an excuse to vote for an even bigger incompetent (not to mention a political malcontent) when, instead, if they had spent a fraction of the time researching the man out and listening carefully to his words, I believe most voters would have concluded that Bush looked like a saint next to Obama.

Boxcar

Greyfox
01-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Three Pound Universe is my website.

Thank you for coming clean. :jump: :jump:
I'll book mark it.

bigmack
01-30-2010, 10:36 PM
In a way funny that PA was suspect enough to find the source and the source is the souce (or something like that)

Nice site. I should do that.

From your Jan 26 entry:

The Four Agreements
Don Miguel Ruiz's Code for Life:

AGREEMENT 1 Be impeccable with your word - Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean.
Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.

AGREEMENT 2 Don't take anything personally - Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own relity, their own dream.
When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

AGREEMENT 3 Don't make assumptions - Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want.
Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama.
With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

AGREEMENT 4 Always do your best - Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick.
Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgement, self-abuse and regret.

Hank
01-30-2010, 10:45 PM
No! You have it backwards. The blame falls squarely on the shoulders of the shallow, lazy, misguided, uninformed, misinformed and uncritical thinkers who found it expedient to use Bush as an excuse to vote for an even bigger incompetent (not to mention a political malcontent) when, instead, if they had spent a fraction of the time researching the man out and listening carefully to his words, I believe most voters would have concluded that Bush looked like a saint next to Obama.

Boxcar

Bingo,that perfectly describes those who voted for bush the second time.Thus paving the way for Obama.If Obama's as incompetent as you say certainly he will not be relected,thus paving the way for a republican savior,who will prove to be a moron thus paving the way for a Dem savior and so on and so forth.wake up and smell the coffe:bang:

PaceAdvantage
01-30-2010, 11:01 PM
Three Pound Universe is my website.Cool...take it as a complement that I went looking for the "source." :ThmbUp:

boxcar
01-31-2010, 12:06 AM
Bingo,that perfectly describes those who voted for bush the second time.Thus paving the way for Obama.If Obama's as incompetent as you say certainly he will not be relected,thus paving the way for a republican savior,who will prove to be a moron thus paving the way for a Dem savior and so on and so forth.wake up and smell the coffe:bang:

No, you need to smell the coffee, sir. The morons in office, no matter how bad they may be, don't pull the levers inside the voting booths for the electorate! :bang: :bang: :bang: You're a typical liberal who is loathe to accept personal responsibility for your own choices and any subsequent actions that may arise out of those choices. But you surely do relish playing the infantile, woe-is-poor-lil'-ol'-me victimization blame game, don't you? Are you ever going to grow up and learn to accept responsibility? :rolleyes:

Boxcar