PDA

View Full Version : To the estimable Peter Berry ...

falconridge
01-26-2010, 06:45 PM
... the wild colonial boy who rose from Down Undah to become America's most engaging, erudite, and sophisticated race caller; and his countrymen ...

Sir Donald Bradman, whose stupendous 452 not-out in that historic test match against Queensland at the Sydney Cricket Grounds may ever remain the most unassailable feat in all of sport;

Helen Reddy, who implored us to hear the lioness's roar;

Rolf Harris, who as early as 1957 called for the liberation of his native land's indigenous peoples ("Let me Abos go loose, Lou, / Let me Abos go loose. / They're of no fu'thah use, Lou, / So let me Abos go loose. ... All t'gethah now: Tie me kangaroo down, sport, tie me kangaroo down ..."; and

James Bartholomew "Bart" Cummings, AM, whose charges have captured no fewer than eleven :faint: Melbourne Cups;

this Seppo punter, on behalf of all your PA cobbers and colleagues, wishes you a ...

Happy Australia Day!
http://www.cksinfo.com/clipart/animals/kangaroos/kangaroo-contour.png

Hooroo, Mate. ;) :ThmbUp:

Steve 'StatMan'
01-26-2010, 08:59 PM
Happy Birthday Peter!

falconridge
01-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Though I'm sure Mr Berry will appreciate your felicitations, Steve, I don't know that 26 January is his birthday. It's a national holiday commemorating the landing of the First Fleet (pommy b*st*rds, otherwise known as the British) and the hoisting of the Union Jack in Sydney Cove in 1788. Still, what day doesn't dawn fair to celebrate Peter!

In history's page
Let every stage
Advance Australia Fair.
In joyful strains then let us sing,
Advance Australia Fair.

--from the Australian National Anthem (not "Waltzing Matilda"!)

Hooroo,

f.r.

chickenhead
01-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Thank you Australia, for all that you do.

Men at Work,
A Dingo Ate My Baby,
and the didgeridoo.

DeanT
01-26-2010, 09:36 PM
Happy Australia Day to Paul Hogan, Fosters Lager, Peter Berry, Kylie Minogue and of course to the Fat Quaddie.

http://media.live.harnesslink.com/images/i1176955767.jpg

Steve 'StatMan'
01-26-2010, 11:34 PM
Oops! Happy Oz Day Peter!

(Tan me hide, but wait 'til I'm dead).

Peter Berry
01-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Thank goodness Mountaineer is not racing right now 'cause I'm speechless.