PDA

View Full Version : Horseplayer Magazine

Niko
01-25-2010, 08:46 PM
I always expect my issues to be late but this is taking it to a new level. They haven't even posted a shipment date for the Jan/Feb issue. With each delay for the past couple issues getting longer I have wondered if it was due to financial issues?

I'll have to look elsewhere for my fix to go with the PA board. Blogs perhaps?

Pace7joe
01-25-2010, 11:13 PM
Niko, I have an issue with HorsePlayer Magazine as well. I’m one of the original
Subscribers from ’94 and have continued to renew without fail since then. And my subscription was due for renewal in May of last year (09). After failing to reach someone in their office with numerous calls to their 800 number and numerous e-mails.
To determine how I should forward pay for renewal. So after receiving no response from them I finally sent them a check to cover the 24 issues in April. And they cashed the check.

Since then I have not received an issue since the July/August (09) edition….as a matter of fact they sent me this issue twice. So I never got the Breeder Cup Issue or the subsequent editions.

Does anyone know what’s going on with the publisher? I have tried the trifecta ( Phone, e-mail, and snail mail) method to reach them, but I’ve received no reply from them. And the memo was addressed to Tom Quigley.

Pace Joe

levinmpa
01-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Does anyone know what’s going on with the publisher? I have tried the trifecta ( Phone, e-mail, and snail mail) method to reach them, but I’ve received no reply from them. And the memo was addressed to Tom Quigley.

Pace Joe

I guess Quigley is too busy Tweeting in the So. Cal racetrack walking rings.

http://twitter.com/Quigleys_Corner

Perhaps you can reach him through Twitter.

Pace7joe
01-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the link. Now, I will have to learn how to Twitt and make my
request into a pick4.

Perhaps you can reach him through Twitter.[/QUOTE]

Fingal
01-26-2010, 01:16 PM
I was one of the original subscribers too & looked forward to seeing their idea of a magazine. Except I dropped it after a year because of the delivery issues of time sensitive material. But since they misspelled my name, now when I get anything from a system mill I know who originally sold my name. :mad:

Niko
01-26-2010, 09:02 PM
I don't mind the junk mail because it's not much. Reminds me when I first got started and ordered a couple systems. I bought one a friend used and he won like 13-14 races in a row or some crazy number...that was 20 years ago. Or at least that's what I remember...maybe it 10 of 13 or something. Thought it was the path to riches before it blew up..turns out he caught an early speed bias and a lot of favorites were winning.

To be young and naive again...