PDA

View Full Version : Zenyatta Worked Today...I Guess It's Not Newsworthy

Zenyatta To Crush
01-25-2010, 08:13 PM
So, Zenyatta worked 1:00.20 b today at Hollywood. How does drf and bloodhorse forget to mention this anywhere on their website? I would much rather read a small blurb about this than a long article on why Jeff Mullins isn't getting paid by IEAH.

So anyways, back to Zenyatta. Her work was good for 10/73 at the distance and she was only the 2nd horse that was given a breezing time. The other breezing horse went in 1:03.80 by the way.

Seems like Zenyatta is ready to run again already. Are they just gonna keep working her almost once a week all the way until the Santa Margarita on March 13? That is almost 7 weeks away. It seems like all she needs is about two more 6 furlong works in her. Oh well, I guess there is a long time until the Breeders Cup and they have no need to rush her back I guess. I'd still like to see her dust Life is Sweet and Stardom Bound in the Santa Maria on Feb. 13, but thats not gonna happen.

joanied
01-25-2010, 08:43 PM
OHWOW... Stardom Bound & Life is Sweet...do you know who else is running in there? Should be a great race...Stardom Bound needed her last...and I really love Life is Sweet...her shadow isn't there anymore and she can shine on her own...
speaking of her shadow...I welcome any news about Zenyatta...hell, they could race her tomorrow...she's fit and raring to go:jump: ...
but, you are right...I think they will keep her away from Life is Sweet now anyway...I have no idea how Zenyatta is about waiting for a race...some get sour if all they do is train...seems to me she's intelligent enough to know the difference and may be getting to the point where besides dancing...she'll learn to sing and sing them a song about racing:D ...ya know like..."let me in coach, I'm ready to play, today" :D

Zenyatta To Crush
01-25-2010, 09:02 PM
OHWOW... Stardom Bound & Life is Sweet...do you know who else is running in there? Should be a great race...Stardom Bound needed her last...and I really love Life is Sweet...her shadow isn't there anymore and she can shine on her own...
speaking of her shadow...I welcome any news about Zenyatta...hell, they could race her tomorrow...she's fit and raring to go:jump: ...
but, you are right...I think they will keep her away from Life is Sweet now anyway...I have no idea how Zenyatta is about waiting for a race...some get sour if all they do is train...seems to me she's intelligent enough to know the difference and may be getting to the point where besides dancing...she'll learn to sing and sing them a song about racing:D ...ya know like..."let me in coach, I'm ready to play, today" :D

I guess St. Trinians is also pointing for the Santa Maria. She looks like a good one. If you got time, go back and watch St Trinians run in the Paseana stakes at Santa Anita (Jan 9th, Race 6). Life is Sweet and Stardom Bound might have their hands full.

Yeah, I feel like Zenyatta could run any day and be basically unbeatable. I think they should train her up to the Santa Anita Handicap on Mar. 6th. Who's her competition gonna be in that one, Misremembered? Wherever they point her, I just hope no injuries happen along the way.

Spalding No!
01-25-2010, 09:21 PM
I would imagine Stardom Bound would stick with 4yos and aim for the La Canada the same weekend as the Santa Maria.

Unless she's ducking Pretty Unusual (who may run in both stakes anyways).

As far as the Santa Margarita goes, the Life Is Sweet monkey wrench should rear its ugly head once again now that she's back in top form. I don't think Wygod can stand being on the sidelines on her favorite track. I wouldn't be surprised to see him throw a rabbit into the mix as well.

letswastemoney
01-26-2010, 03:23 AM
I would imagine Stardom Bound would stick with 4yos and aim for the La Canada the same weekend as the Santa Maria.

Unless she's ducking Pretty Unusual (who may run in both stakes anyways).

As far as the Santa Margarita goes, the Life Is Sweet monkey wrench should rear its ugly head once again now that she's back in top form. I don't think Wygod can stand being on the sidelines on her favorite track. I wouldn't be surprised to see him throw a rabbit into the mix as well.Is she over her cramping problems?

Mineshaft
01-26-2010, 08:28 AM
seriously i dont need to know every time Zenyatta works. I dont need to know everytime she takes a crap in her stall. I dont need to know what she ate for breakfast. The drf and bloodhorse are not going to report everything she does. They have other stories to write besides Zenyatta.

Now if shes nearing a race then they will write about it. But for now they got more important things to do.

Zenyatta To Crush
01-26-2010, 01:01 PM
seriously i dont need to know every time Zenyatta works. I dont need to know everytime she takes a crap in her stall. I dont need to know what she ate for breakfast. The drf and bloodhorse are not going to report everything she does. They have other stories to write besides Zenyatta.

Now if shes nearing a race then they will write about it. But for now they got more important things to do.
Yeah, taking a crap in a stall and what she ate for breakfast is the same thing as a workout. You're just picking fights now. Well, I never knew how concerned you were about Jeff Mullins not receiving his money from IEAH. You must be losing sleep over that one. Are you really saying that bloodhorse and drf are too busy to even right a blurb about her working? There are plenty of fans who like to know everything she does who don't have a virtual stable or check the equibase workouts page. Zenyatta and Rachel are by far the most popular thing in horse racing right now and they should keep us updated on their workouts, even if its only a few sentences.

Mineshaft
01-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Yeah, taking a crap in a stall and what she ate for breakfast is the same thing as a workout. You're just picking fights now. Well, I never knew how concerned you were about Jeff Mullins not receiving his money from IEAH. You must be losing sleep over that one. Are you really saying that bloodhorse and drf are too busy to even right a blurb about her working? There are plenty of fans who like to know everything she does who don't have a virtual stable or check the equibase workouts page. Zenyatta and Rachel are by far the most popular thing in horse racing right now and they should keep us updated on their workouts, even if its only a few sentences.

Not picking fights your exaggerating. You posted i guess "the work is not newsworthy" Well guess what drf and bloodhorse agree its not newsworthy because if they did think it was they would of reported it.

Yes Zenyatta is popular but not every day do we need a report of what shes done. And thats what you want. You want a report of every work she has. Not going to happen

FenceBored
01-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Give them time and they'll get around to it. This comes from today's Santa Anita Track Report at DRF titled "Gio Ponti Leaves for Florida."
Eclipse Award winner Zenyatta, who has not started since the Breeders' Cup Classic, breezed five furlongs in 1:00.20 at Hollywood Park on Monday.
-- http://www.drf.com/news/article/110380.html

Mineshaft
01-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Give them time and they'll get around to it. This comes from today's Santa Anita Track Report at DRF titled "Gio Ponti Leaves for Florida."Eclipse Award winner Zenyatta, who has not started since the Breeders' Cup Classic, breezed five furlongs in 1:00.20 at Hollywood Park on Monday.

-- http://www.drf.com/news/article/110380.html

There u go Crush you got what u wanted. Only thing missing was what she ate after the work.

PaceAdvantage
01-26-2010, 10:00 PM
Your traditional news sources are a bit slow at times...good thing this board exists so that folks like 'Crush can share what they know in real time...(shameless plug I know).

Zenyatta To Crush
01-26-2010, 11:14 PM
There u go Crush you got what u wanted. Only thing missing was what she ate after the work.
I'm not sleeping tonight until I know what she ate for dinner. Its bothering the crap outta me now. Might have to make a few phone calls I guess.

ExoticDancer
01-27-2010, 10:33 AM
runs on dirt vs. males.