PDA

View Full Version : So...you really think Obama hates banks???

sammy the sage
01-24-2010, 11:59 PM
Might want to reconsider that...terrific article...."Death of Capitalism""

full story:http://www.zerohedge.com/article/death-capitalism

an excerpt:

""It amazes me that I still hear people praising Obama’s proposed plan (proposed being the key word here) to impose limits on the size and trading activities of the nations largest banks without awaiting the resultant actions from such talk. I read one financial journalist that stated high praise for this proposal as he inferred that banks have become too big and that a freeze on mergers and acquisitions in the US banking industry would be welcomed. Did this journalist even consider that the biggest consolidation of power on Wall Street in the last couple of decades just happened within the past two years when Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan virtually eliminated all of their competition and the US Federal Reserve utilized the very crisis they created to seize even more power? Did this journalist even pause to consider that this administration’s cabinet and advisory boards consist of more Wall Street executives than any administration in the last several decades? Did this journalist consider that the greatest theft of American taxpayer money occurred under this adminstration’s watch with the $850 billion bailout plan that is now morphing into trillions of dollars? Did this journalist bother to note that the Senate Finance Committee is now seeking to increase the debt ceiling by a radical $1.9 trillion after just approving a $290 billion increase at the end of last year that was necessary to avoid an unprecedented default on US Treasury bonds? And did this journalist miss the CFTC hearings regarding the imposition of position limits on energy commodities and somehow miss that the true nature of discourse during these hearings was not to ban speculators from creating and bursting bubbles in the commodity markets but only to ensure, in a round-about-manner, that Wall Street can continue this speculation? ""
I'm voting AGAINST ALL incumbents...at EVERY level...regardless of party line...people in office NEED to SERVE the PUBLIC...NOT the other way around...well...that's my 2 cents worth...(1943 copper that is!)

sammy the sage
01-25-2010, 12:32 AM
another excerpt: "" If every person in this world truly understood how the monetary system operates, whether a Muslim, a Christian, a Hindu, Buddhist, a Catholic, or of any other faith, I am 100% sure that that person would be opposed to our current monetary system based upon his sense of morality provided by the most important tenets of his or her religion. In The Economic Consequences of the Peace, John Maynard Keynes stated the following:

“Lenin is said to have declared that the best way to destroy the Capitalist System was to debauch the currency. By a continuing process of inflation, governments can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens. There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose.”

If you don’t understand the above statement, then I urge you to research Central Banks and how they operate until you do. And when you do, you will understand why I claim that no man or woman that calls himself a good Christian, a good Muslim, a good Catholic, or a good Hindu could support our monetary system or work for a bank today in good conscience. If you are skeptical of this comment, as you should be, then I urge you to investigate and understand how the monetary system truly operates before you declare your opposition to this statement.""
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm voting AGAINST ALL incumbents...at EVERY level...regardless of party line...people in office NEED to SERVE the PUBLIC...NOT the other way around...well...that's my 2 cents worth...(1943 copper that is!)